+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

easy or risky?

vaibstep

Apr 4, 2013
I am planning to come to study for 1yr graduate cert in HR from an ontario college.
My plan is to work for 1yr after study on pgwp, and apply for PR.

Ques- how difficult is it to get a skilled job there?
And, chances of getting PR?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibstep said:
I am planning to come to study for 1yr graduate cert in HR from an ontario college.

Subject to your skills and willingness to accept any job what is available.

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would get a 1 year post graduate work permit after finishing your studies. CEC requires 1 year of full time work experience (or equivalent in part time).

If you can get a skilled full time job lined up before you even graduate, in theory it's doable. What if, God forbid, you get fired 10 months in? You can't predict things like that. There are a lot of if's and but's.

Any chance to study for 2 years instead? If money is an issue, how about studying for a year in one of the provinces with provincial nominee programs?

Good luck.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whymeee said:
You would get a 1 year post graduate work permit after finishing your studies. CEC requires 1 year of full time work experience (or equivalent in part time).

If you can get a skilled full time job lined up before you even graduate, in theory it's doable. What if, God forbid, you get fired 10 months in? You can't predict things like that. There are a lot of if's and but's.

Any chance to study for 2 years instead? If money is an issue, how about studying for a year in one of the provinces with provincial nominee programs?

Good luck.
Also, don't forget that you need 1 FULL year of work experience, so, if you get your work permit January 1 and start working on January 2 you are still misisng one day and will need to extend your work permit/visas in order to comply with the requirements.

vaibstep

Apr 4, 2013
If 1yr full time work comprises of two diffrent employers, is that considred or should it be with same employer?

Also, read that it should be a supervisory level job. Is that true?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibstep said:

I would say it's neither easy or risky. It's really up what kind of jobs you are looking for (high v.s. low demand). Sometimes luck and who you know plays into it as well. I was lucky to find a Skilled Position soon after I finished my degree. I found it while browsing through craigslist! They were looking for a manager because a few days ago the original manager quit out of the blue. They posted the ad on Sunday night, I called them Monday morning and got the job few days later! I would say I was very lucky! Good Luck to you!

vaibstep

Apr 4, 2013
Wow Johnny, stars are really with you, hope they keep shining :)

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

I am a little confused here. ??? ???
Would a job with NOC code 1223 come under any of the above mentioned categories.
There is another category called "administrative". Does this job fall under 'admin' or 'technical'

Way too confusing for me!! :'( PLS HELP

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibstep said:
Wow Johnny, stars are really with you, hope they keep shining :)

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

I am a little confused here. ??? ???
Would a job with NOC code 1223 come under any of the above mentioned categories.
There is another category called "administrative". Does this job fall under 'admin' or 'technical'

Way too confusing for me!! :'( PLS HELP
Here is a NOC Matrix to help you sort things out. Just look for the first 3 numbers of your NOC code, in your example, it's "122". And as you can see in the Matrix, "122" belongs to Major Group 12 - Skill Level B.