+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

East Africans who have applied for 2019 (or ever) please share here

Allan92

Jun 20, 2019
Am reapplying my visa too the previous one was rejected
Hey,mine got rejected too,reason was that i won't leave canada because of my personal assets and financial status.I intend to reapply again next week with justifications.You can reach me via +254 723682063 we can help each other out

estezah

Jun 24, 2019
Hey,mine got rejected too,reason was that i won't leave canada because of my personal assets and financial status.I intend to reapply again next week with justifications.You can reach me via +254 723682063 we can help each other out
Did you apply for CAIPS notes yet?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Was it a study permit or visitor's?

Allan92

Jun 20, 2019
From the refusal letter what I understood was that I didn't show personal assets and finanacial assets which I intend to address in my new application SOP

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My sponsors bank statements with over 60,000 CAD
If your sponsor is a private individual and not an organisation, it is difficult to prove that the sponsor is genuine and that the funds will be available to you during your stay in Canada. If this is the case, may be for your second application try to make sure you have funds in your name that are enough for 1 year (around $10000). Others get a GIC thats for 1 year of your studies ($10000) apart for the amount paid for tuition

Last edited:

Allan92

Jun 20, 2019
If your sponsor is a private individual and not an organisation, it is difficult to prove that the sponsor is genuine and that the funds will be available to you during your stay in Canada. IF this is the case, may be for your second application try to get a GIC thats for 1 year of your studies ($10000) apart for the amount paid for tuition
What is a GIC?

Allan92

Jun 20, 2019
A GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) is an investment that has a guaranteed rate of return for a fixed period of time.

You need to show at least $10000 for 1 year (for your use) . With the GIC, it proves that the money you have is for your stay as a student in Canada and not just money deposited for visa purposes. When you buy a GIC, it’s like putting money into your savings account, however, unlike normal savings account you may not be able to withdraw your funds for a period of time.
Thank you much.I always thought it's only applicable to Indians only.