+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

East Africans who have applied for 2019 (or ever) please share here

Discussion in 'International Students' started by ababruja, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hi all,
    Looking through this forum, it's hard to find East Africans' (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan) study permit application experiences. Although the other African (Nigeria & Ghana) threads are informative, the processing times and requirements are a little different.

I applied in February (May entry), still waiting for an update.

Master_petrel, Eveslm and Naidevasser like this.
  2. Did you get your visa? I'm from Kenya

3. I applied for my study Visa in march and my visa was denied this week because I don't have family ties back at home..I don't have evidence that I will come back home...but I have my mum dad and siblings do they want me to have a kid inorder to get the visa? Am so disappointed

4. Just wait it will come all the best

5. Hey I applied for study permit from Kenya.They sent me biometric validity letter on 6th May but on 8th May they sent my application back without a message.Online account shows application in progress.

6. Beat
    Have you submitted your biometrics?

7. Yes they even sent me biometrics validity letter.

8. Where you given a tracking number

9. If you were go to vfc website then track your application..but I think it's already been submitted you should wait 4 to 6 weeks

10. Yah and actually they returned my application via vfs.

11. They have returned my application without a message.

12. Did you include everything required? Did they check your docs at VFS for completeness? You should send a webform to IRCC and also send email to the visa office if you know which one was processing your application.

13. That is just a generic rejection that they give to almost everyone.

14. Yap VFS checked it thoroughly.I don't know if it is an error or what.

15. I have already sent an email to the embassy and also sent them an enquiry via webform.I hope they will respond.