+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Early Childhood Education (NOC 4214)

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
Hello fam,
Let's gather here and share ideas to help our EE/PNP dreams become a reality.

For me, I am still waiting on IQAS for my ECA. It's frustrating but I can't do anything about it. However, since ECE is a regulated occupation, I have sent my transcripts to the regulatory agencies for evaluation/assessment.

My PNP interest is in Saskatchewan and Alberta, so I sent my transcripts to Saskatchewan Ministry of Education and also to the Childcare regulatory body in Alberta.

Hopefully, by the time IQAS is done with my other professional degree evaluation, I will have all the necessary documents to create my profile.

Questions and ideas are welcomed.
Thanks

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Hi, same case here. 4214, ECA done. sent to Sask. and alberta. Alberta got back to me with licence for level 1. Initially i applied for level 2. Bit disappointed to be honest because level 1 is ineligible occupation in alberta at the moment. I asked them what is required for level 2 or 3 because as per requirements stated on their website my qualifications match level 2 and even level 3 requirements. Waiting for a response still. Saskatchewan haven't completed my assessment yet. Current score 356, scheduled another ielts to increase my score. How long you've been waiting so far for response from Alberta and Sask. authorities?

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
Wow, I think my application was sent about 2 weeks ago or 3 weeks so I'm still waiting on them. I wonder why they evaluated your credentials as a level 1. Was it an Associate's degree in early childhood education?

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
I'll also attempt another ielts, my listening and speaking messed me up cos I got 7 each. I believe with all i have together my CRS will be 393. Hopefully that will qualify for PNP, but for express entry, I have to write ielts again.

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
I just got a response from them with explanation

“ Hello Ivana, to be assessed at a higher level of certification, you must:

- Arrange with the University to forward an official graduation certificate and official transcripts confirming completion of the Bachelor of Elementary Education degree directly to the child care staff certification office at the mailing address indicated above; AND

- Submit an original CELPIP General assessment at level 7, or IELTS General assessment at level 6 in all areas. Links to information about these tests can be found on our website. Please note that CLBA, CLBPT, and LINC assessments will not be accepted to meet this requirement.

so i asked them now if they would accept WES report or I really have to do this process again :(

will arrange Ielts to be sent now. Initially i sent what was stated on their website, pdf copies of transcripts and diplomas. I have bachelor in preschool education and uk level 5 diploma in leadership for health and social care . Both accepted and evaluated by wes

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
This has become quite confusing and annoying for me. Their website did not say anything about a Bachelors degree in elementary education, which is a different degree entirely from Early Childhood Education. I'll wait and see what they do with mine which is an Associates degree in early childhood education.

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Yep, really confusing, to be honest i think they have made a mistake with this ' elementary education ' part...i will arrange for transcripts and diplomas to be sent to them and then see what will their response be. Because Elementary education has nothing to do with early childhood/preschool... but for now i will add this licence to my profile just in case it helps for pnp..

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. How long did it take alberta to assess your degree?

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
about 8 weeks. i've got the response from them saying if i want to be assessed for higher levels (2 or 3) to arrange my transcripts to be sent directly from university to them together with copy of ielts report and they will assess it.

farzanaisme

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Doc's Request.
File returned due to global cap
Hi there
I'm new to this thread. I know very little about pnp and want to know more about it. I have 4yrs bachelor degree in Child Development from Bangladesh and WES assessed the same. How do I apply for certification as an early childhood educator in Canada. I'm interested in ontario. Does ontario have certification system? Thanks in advance

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
I'm not sure about Ontario since the province is already saturated. I believe Saskatchewan and Alberta is your best bet for provincial nomination. You stand a great chance of getting pnp if submit a notification of internet in several provinces.

UcheO

Apr 7, 2018
@Rookie19 , @IvanaCo
Hello, please I really don't understand the process about ECE. can you kindly put me through and perhaps the website too. My first degree isnt on ECE but my job roles match. i just want to confirm if i must have to get the cache level 2 or 3 to qualify for the pnp in alberta. your advise is appreciated

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
In my opinion, you don't need an assessment because your transcript will not be an equivalent. Just submit a notification of interest or whatever is required as proof of experience in teaching ECE level. You might be lucky.

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
I got my level 3 licence from Sask. waiting for Alberta to see will they give me higher than level 1. Was wondering will this licence be of any help to pick me from the EE pool?

Rookie19

Dec 13, 2019
Congratulations Ivana. I'm still waiting to hear from them. How long did it take to get your assessment done and is there a way to communicate with them?

Now you can start Saskatchewan PNP. Wish you all the best.