Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Wondering if anyone knows if i can apply for evisa for india without surrendering my indian passport . one of the evisa questions is do you have citizenship of any other country, i need to travel on April 15th and my oath is March 15th wont have enough time to surrender and apply for oci..

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VTG said:
Wondering if anyone knows if i can apply for evisa for india without surrendering my indian passport . one of the evisa questions is do you have citizenship of any other country, i need to travel on April 15th and my oath is March 15th wont have enough time to surrender and apply for oci..
Just surrender passport; dont apply oci. You'll be fine
Good luck

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
VTG said:
Surrender certificate and visiting visa you can apply same time and it will take 10 days only.

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
VTG said:
You can apply e-visa without surrendering your Indian citizenship.

I did the same recently.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Maverick2k4 said:
You can apply e-visa without surrendering your Indian citizenship.

I did the same recently.

When asked if you are a citizen of any other country what did you answer ??
----

Thank you for all the responses !!

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
VTG said:
When asked if you are a citizen of any other country what did you answer ??
----

Thank you for all the responses !!
Since you are no longer a citizen of India. You answer no to that question.

M18

Dec 29, 2017
Hello everyone!

Hoping this thread is active!

I recently got Canadian citizenship and had to renounce my Indian citizenship. i have to now apply for indian tourist visa as i dont have time to apply for oci. when I fill in e-visa form, there are 2 questions that i am not sure how to answer.

1. have you every visited India before? (on indian passport: yes, on canadian passport: no)
list countries you have visited in last 10 years . (on indian passport: a few; on canadian passport: none)

please advise, how am i supposed to fill this form treating as first time canadian, and ignore all my indian passport travels

Also, when travelling to India, do i need a proof of surrender certificate of Indian citizenship?

many thanks in advance!

owenhargo

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
Hello everyone!

Hoping this thread is active!

I recently got Canadian citizenship and had to renounce my Indian citizenship. i have to now apply for indian tourist visa as i dont have time to apply for oci. when I fill in e-visa form, there are 2 questions that i am not sure how to answer.

1. have you every visited India before? (on indian passport: yes, on canadian passport: no)
list countries you have visited in last 10 years . (on indian passport: a few; on canadian passport: none)

please advise, how am i supposed to fill this form treating as first time canadian, and ignore all my indian passport travels

Also, when travelling to India, do i need a proof of surrender certificate of Indian citizenship?

many thanks in advance!
I too have the same question. What did you answer here?

Any help anyone?

sajjarapu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
What is considered National ID/ Citizenship ID in canada ? I am filling my e-visa application and need suggestions from others who filled it before