+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-certificate

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I am an April 2022 applicant, my oath letter showed I can choose between a paper or e-certificate at the ceremony check-in, while checking in the clerk never asked and she only said you will need to sign and send us the oath form and your e-certificate will be ready to download after that! She never asked what format I prefer, seems soon all will be e-certificates, saves money and work on them

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am an April 2022 applicant, my oath letter showed I can choose between a paper or e-certificate at the ceremony check-in, while checking in the clerk never asked and she only said you will need to sign and send us the oath form and your e-certificate will be ready to download after that! She never asked what format I prefer, seems soon all will be e-certificates, saves money and work on them
Just like everything is moving online about application, going forward they might not even give an option of paper certificate.

Reactions: ada228

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Has anyone received e-certificates over the weekend as well?

My ceremony was yesterday and was wondering if there is a chance that I could get the certificate on a Saturday? Just anxious because I have a trip on Sept 9 and need to apply for passport and e-visa.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Has anyone received e-certificates over the weekend as well?

My ceremony was yesterday and was wondering if there is a chance that I could get the certificate on a Saturday? Just anxious because I have a trip on Sept 9 and need to apply for passport and e-visa.
I had a ceremony on Thursday Aug 3, and mine showed up in the portal the next day, on Friday afternoon, without any notification emails. Don't know about the weekend though.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I had a ceremony on Thursday Aug 3, and mine showed up in the portal the next day, on Friday afternoon, without any notification emails. Don't know about the weekend though.
Yeah my ceremony was in the afternoon at 1 pm and got done at 3 pm. I am not sure if they even could work on it yesterday. I guess it will have to wait until Monday.

Reactions: bas12

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
What does this mean in IRCC Portal for e certificate.
"THERE WERE ISSUES SUBMITTING YOUR FORM.
Your e-certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business day after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi guys, my wife and my minor son have oath ceremony tomorrow (Oct 20 (paper applicants). The email for the oath invite came with a word doc on e-certificate. In IRCC records, the e-mail address for both my wife and my son is same. In case we choose and the clerk at IRCC approves the request for e-certificate, do we need to have two separate email addresses for both to receive Invite codes to create IRCC secure portal account for downloading e-certificate? Or, they can send two emails to the same address and we can then use two email addresses to create two separate accounts, even though two invite codes might have come to the same email address? Pls reply asap since oath ceremony is tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys, my wife and my minor son have oath ceremony tomorrow (Oct 20 (paper applicants). The email for the oath invite came with a word doc on e-certificate. In IRCC records, the e-mail address for both my wife and my son is same. In case we choose and the clerk at IRCC approves the request for e-certificate, do we need to have two separate email addresses for both to receive Invite codes to create IRCC secure portal account for downloading e-certificate? Or, they can send two emails to the same address and we can then use two email addresses to create two separate accounts, even though two invite codes might have come to the same email address? Pls reply asap since oath ceremony is tomorrow. Thanks in advance!
You need only one portal account to download e-certificate for any application if you know the details. It's an independent activity within the portal.

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an E-certificate once the Oath Ceremony is completed? I finished the oath ceremony this Tuesday (Nov 11). Do you have to make a new account of the account created at NEW IRCC PORTAL? That would be good.
Thank you in advance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an E-certificate once the Oath Ceremony is completed? I finished the oath ceremony this Tuesday (Nov 11). Do you have to make a new account of the account created at NEW IRCC PORTAL? That would be good.
Thank you in advance
You seem to have provided a wrong date. You might have got an email to create an account to download e-certificate. If you did not, follow this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-do-i-download-citizenship-e-certificate.817612/#post-10567136

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
You can then provide the details and try to download the certificate.
Lets see if they upload the certificate today (Not sure if IRCC uploads during the weekend) or will wait till next Monday.