+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-APR Education and Work History

Yagx

Jan 20, 2018
Hello,

I received my ITA and am currently in the process of filling my electronic application for permanent residency form.

I have some questions:

1) I have a Master's degree and an ECA for that. Is it okay if I just mention my Master's in the education history and put my Bachelor's in the personal history section. I do not claim any points for my Bachelor's anyway and do not have any ECA for that as well. In my EE profile pre-ITA, I only mentioned my Master's.

2) The same for the work history: I worked part-time for 2 months and I do not claim points for that. Can I mention it in my personal history and just put the job I claim points for in the work history section? In my EE profile pre-ITA, I only mentioned the job I claim points for.

Can senior members help me on this as I am reading contradictor comments in the forums and getting worried about this issue?

Thank you in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I received my ITA and am currently in the process of filling my electronic application for permanent residency form.

I have some questions:

1) I have a Master's degree and an ECA for that. Is it okay if I just mention my Master's in the education history and put my Bachelor's in the personal history section. I do not claim any points for my Bachelor's anyway and do not have any ECA for that as well. In my EE profile pre-ITA, I only mentioned my Master's.

2) The same for the work history: I worked part-time for 2 months and I do not claim points for that. Can I mention it in my personal history and just put the job I claim points for in the work history section? In my EE profile pre-ITA, I only mentioned the job I claim points for.

Can senior members help me on this as I am reading contradictor comments in the forums and getting worried about this issue?

Thank you in advance.
1 - Yes.
2 - Yes.

Yagx

Jan 20, 2018
1 - Yes.
2 - Yes.
Thank you for your answer. Just to relax myself and avoid having nightmares, did you actually get the PR or seen people getting it like this? Should I mention that I moved these to my personal history because I do not claim points for them in a Letter of Explanation?

And I have one final question:

1) When providing details for my Master's degree there is a field asking for the number of completed academic years. The official duration of my master's was 2 years but I completed it in 3 so what should I put in there?

Reactions: thinkingtoapply

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your answer. Just to relax myself and avoid having nightmares, did you actually get the PR or seen people getting it like this? Should I mention that I moved these to my personal history because I do not claim points for them in a Letter of Explanation?

1) When providing details for my Master's degree there is a field asking for the number of completed academic years. The official duration of my master's was 2 years but I completed it in 3 so what should I put in there?
Did I get PR? Yes, i'm a Canadian permanent resident.

Have I seen people getting it like this? Yes, at this point I have probably helped more than a hundred people with this issue.

1 - 2 years.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......

I had the same issue and I did exactly what DelPiero07 has mentioned in earlier comment. I got pr just a week back

Reactions: Yagx

Yagx

Jan 20, 2018
Did I get PR? Yes, i'm a Canadian permanent resident.

Have I seen people getting it like this? Yes, at this point I have probably helped more than a hundred people with this issue.

1 - 2 years.
That‘s comforting to know.

Sorry for bugging you but I have a follow-up question regarding your previous answer.

For my Master‘s degree I have selected 3 years in my Express Entry form pre-ITA because I thought they were asking about the total time I spent in the university. Do you think it would be a problem if I leave it like that or should I switch it 2 years.

Appreciate your help, thank you!

Tese@24

Jan 10, 2021

Hello please what did you do as regards the second part of your prior question :
"Should I mention that I moved these to my personal history because I do not claim points for them in a Letter of Explanation?"

As i have moved my spouses work and educational experience to personal history since I am not claiming points for it, I will like to know if i shoud write an LOE for that. Thanks