Mar 20, 2017
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
Do any of the seniors have any idea about what this would entail? I'm intrigued.
Hello,

I have the same status additional review required. I dint order gcms notes, i got this info on phone. Make sure inform your employer and prepare them for job duties etc.

PREEVIK

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
hey, PREEVIK

Actually what happened is that they called my employer, asked him about my tenure and my duties, then they called my office clerk as well, same questions to him. they took clerks contact number from my employer on call.

my timeline
AOR 3/3/21017
MEDICAL PASS 24/4/2017
NA 1/5/2017
IP2 8/6/2017
PPR ....pending...
Hiii
Thanks for the information ..
Have you provided your reference letter on letter head or it was on self attested paper?

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 things changed in my online application!!

1. My Background check FINALLY went to 'Not applicable'
2. Under "Review of additional documents" and it now says "We do not need additional documents" (university transcripts were being reviewed until today, I had submitted them around June 5th).

At least some movement!!

Reactions: JohnDobski

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi I called cic this morning and the agent said I order the CGMS note a couple of weeks ago and this put my file on hold which the agent has to request all the information from previous offices. This is the reason why it's delayed. Can anybody explain if it's correct? The security is not started. Thanks
Not at all. GCMS are ordered under the ATIP Act which is a separate department in every agency. It has no impact on the processing of your application.

PREEVIK

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Hi
If our supervisor get s call from CIC for verification and cic asked him about the duties he mentioned ...then he may not be able to answer them all which he has mentioned ..
Then..??

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Finally some movement, my background check changed from not applicable to processing background check . Hoping for the golden mail soon!

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally some movement, my background check changed from not applicable to processing background check . Hoping for the golden mail soon!
Congrats! Mine change to N/A today, it's so nice to see some movement when nothing happened for so long...

Reactions: HoPe90

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi
If our supervisor get s call from CIC for verification and cic asked him about the duties he mentioned ...then he may not be able to answer them all which he has mentioned ..
Then..??
I have been intrigued by this too @legalfalcon, your take?
Its very possible for the employer to not remember such details, can he revert later to them or will it create unnecessary doubt?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have been intrigued by this too @legalfalcon, your take?
Its very possible for the employer to not remember such details, can he revert later to them or will it create unnecessary doubt?

Let me give you the first rule of corroboration, be it in the court room during cross examination or during an investigation:

As humans we do multiple things every day. If I ask anyone what they did a month ago and if the answer I get is flawless, with details, then there is a reason to be suspicious and this concludes that either the person is lying or has been tutored.

This is the same way how the IRCC phone call works. If your supervisor is asked about an employee, and he simply confirms that the employee works at the office, and performs x, y, z duties, that is sufficient. IRCC does not expect them to narrate the entire job duties. There may also be an instance where the supervisor does not even remember the employee by name, and may have to check his database to confirm, this is perfectly normal.

Now, if the supervisor narrates the exact things written in the reference letter, then there is a big red flag.

I hope you got the crux of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: summerxx and KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Let me give you the first rule of corroboration, be it in the court room during cross examination or during an investigation:

As humans were do multiple things every day. If I ask anyone what they did a month ago and if the answer I get is flawless, with details, then there is a reason to be suspicious and this concludes that either the person is lying or has been tutored.

This is the same way how the IRCC phone call works. If your supervisor is asked about an employee, and he simply confirms that the employee works at the office, and performs x, y, z duties, that is sufficient. IRCC does not expect them to narrate the entire job duties. There may also be an instance where the supervisor does not even remember the employee by name, and may have to check his database to confirm, this is perfectly normal.

Now, if the supervisor narrates the exact things written in the reference letter, then there is a big red flag.

I got you got the crux of this.
Perfectly Sire:)
Thank you loads.