+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-APR AOR March 2017 pool - join here

N

newtoexpressentry

james_in_007 said:
hello Guys,

why do u want to apply for Canada , there are no jobs here . Come only if u r ready to do labour jobs.

There would be hidden discrimination(not on ur face) by companies in hiring you if u r are from Asia , whites gets priority in every job.

i moved here in 2015 and was a senior professional in INDIA with qualification from IIM but am doing labour jobs in warehouse ... what looks good may not be good ......i burnt my bridges before moving here so difficult to return
but guys think n apply only if u r ready for low jobs like cleaner/waiter/labor etc.

sincere advice.
I think from ur story u did not adapt. if u have education and skills all u need to know is how to look for a job. there is a certain skill required to find a job. U have to change and think differently than how u looked for job in ur home country. My observation is if ur educated and u know how to present urself there r plenty of jobs. U cannot expect to be a manager right away even if ur one in ur home country. u need to build up from the ground up. Dont expect to land here and hope jobs r waiting for u .

Nyx13

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Please add me to the Whatsapp group.

e-AOR: 23 March
Stream: FSW-Outland

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
It's interesting how some people come to Canada with this feeling that they will have the same status that they had in their home country. You spent your whole life in your home country building a career, you have a nice job there and then you decide to move to Canada, a place where you probably know no one, have no network, and still you believe that you will have the same kind of job. As soon as you move to a different country on your own, people need to understand that you will have to start over. Sometimes you make decisions that land you in a better job or not... but still, you are going back a few steps FOR SURE.

james_in_007 said:
hello Guys,

why do u want to apply for Canada , there are no jobs here . Come only if u r ready to do labour jobs.

There would be hidden discrimination(not on ur face) by companies in hiring you if u r are from Asia , whites gets priority in every job.

i moved here in 2015 and was a senior professional in INDIA with qualification from IIM but am doing labour jobs in warehouse ... what looks good may not be good ......i burnt my bridges before moving here so difficult to return
but guys think n apply only if u r ready for low jobs like cleaner/waiter/labor etc.

sincere advice.

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
cmoncanada said:
It's interesting how some people come to Canada with this feeling that they will have the same status that they had in their home country. You spent your whole life in your home country building a career, you have a nice job there and then you decide to move to Canada, a place where you probably know no one, have no network, and still you believe that you will have the same kind of job. As soon as you move to a different country on your own, people need to understand that you will have to start over. Sometimes you make decisions that land you in a better job or not... but still, you are going back a few steps FOR SURE.
I think this kind of perspective is more in people, who came with straight PR status form their home country. I've seen many here. But for us being an International student than on WP makes us more adaptable to the situation, till we get PR. Struggle here as an international student in your early 20's is hardly any 3rd person can imagine and believe if we tell them. But getting through that difficult time makes us more competent then others and that is where they find it hard.

IrisLu

Apr 3, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghRaj said:
I think this kind of perspective is more in people, who came with straight PR status form their home country. I've seen many here. But for us being an International student than on WP makes us more adaptable to the situation, till we get PR. Struggle here as an international student in your early 20's is hardly any 3rd person can imagine and believe if we tell them. But getting through that difficult time makes us more competent then others and that is where they find it hard.
Agreed. It is usually harder for new immigrants than for international students. I mean the difficulties and problems that you will face are pretty much the same for these two categories. The only difference is that at a younger age you get more chances to start over and you can afford failure.

Kawalrandhawa

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Hey guys my background check just changed from "next step to check background" to not applicable. what does this really mean.?? :-X

Reactions: PREEVIK

Kawalrandhawa

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Happyforever21 said:
Can someone share the link for PPR estimator
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/ppr-date-estimtaor

IrisLu

Apr 3, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kawalrandhawa said:
Hey guys my background check just changed from "next step to check background" to not applicable. what does this really mean.?? :-X
Shouldn't the next status be "We are processing your background check"? :eek: :eek:

Kawalrandhawa

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
IrisLu said:
Shouldn't the next status be "We are processing your background check"? :eek: :eek:
really have no idea. ??? ???

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Kawalrandhawa said:
really have no idea. ??? ???
There is nothing to worry. I believe you might submitted your RCMP upfront along with eAPR. In majority of the cases, applicants status changed to Next step to conduct BG when they submit RCMP report. Even though this status is showing to your case, CIC still will do all the necessary checks against your application. Even I have gone through the same status. :)

All the best.

Kawalrandhawa

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Baji81 said:
There is nothing to worry. I believe you might submitted your RCMP upfront along with eAPR. In majority of the cases, applicants status changed to Next step to conduct BG when they submit RCMP report. Even though this status is showing to your case, CIC still will do all the necessary checks against your application. Even I have gone through the same status. :)

All the best.
:).. Thanks. How long did it took from NA to PPR in your case?

Layla1234

Jan 23, 2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Hello everyone,
This is my very first post and I feel grateful for having found this forum where people share their knowledge and advice to help each other.

My online status has just been updated as "You passed the medical exam."
I am CEC inland applicant and my EE application was submitted on March 22.

I hope this could help others to get a brief idea of application progress.