+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

During renewing PR card can I still travel?

tommy~

Aug 18, 2018
So I have a plan to travel during next year August. My Pr card is expired on November. So I think I may have a renew before. But during the renewing. Can I still travel and legitimately pass the boarder back to Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will need a valid PR card or a PRTD to fly back to Canada. Depending on where you are travelling it can take quite a long time to get a PRTD. You also have the option of flying into the US and crossing by land in a private car with an expired PR card or COPR. All this requires you to be compliant with your RO. If you meet the RO you could file to renew your PR card now and hopefully you'll have your new PR card before you travel.

tommy~

Aug 18, 2018
You will need a valid PR card or a PRTD to fly back to Canada. Depending on where you are travelling it can take quite a long time to get a PRTD. You also have the option of flying into the US and crossing by land in a private car with an expired PR card or COPR. All this requires you to be compliant with your RO. If you meet the RO you could file to renew your PR card now and hopefully you'll have your new PR card before you travel.
hi i mean During the renewing of PR card, I go to travel with my expiring soon PR card and come back before the expire, can i still go through the boarder with the PR card that is expiring soon while I am renewing for a new one

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi i mean During the renewing of PR card, I go to travel with my expiring soon PR card and come back before the expire, can i still go through the boarder with the PR card that is expiring soon while I am renewing for a new one
If it is still valid, it's still valid. Doesn't matter if it expires soon.