+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duration of Police Certificate and other questions :)

V_

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico (Chile)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 4th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 30th 2016: Police Cert from Canada
Nomination.....
SA June 23rd 2016. CSQ: app. received June 30th 2016, CSQ received August 22nd 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 none, AOR2: August 17th 2016
File Transfer...
On Ecas: July 15th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: Feb 19 th 2016
Hi everyone!

My common law partner and I are in the process of preparing all documents for Outland PR. He is from Chile and I'm Canadian. We are both living together in Canada (he is here on a Work Holiday Visa), but we plan to apply Outland anyways. We have been together for almost 6 years, I lived with him in Chile before. Here are my questions:

1) The validity of the Police Certificate from Chile is about 3 months. Knowing that the process from the Mexico office (where applications from Chile are processed) is taking more or less 10 months , how can this work?

2) The CIC webpage mentions that all documents that are not in English or French should be translated. Does this applies only to the main documents (Police Certificates, etc), or this could also apply for all the proofs or relationship (bills, lease,etc)?

3) What are the chances to be called for an interview? Isn't it only when the officer sees redflags/has doubts about the relationship?

Thanks you so much for the help, really appreciated!

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
V_ said:
Hi everyone!

My common law partner and I are in the process of preparing all documents for Outland PR. He is from Chile and I'm Canadian. We are both living together in Canada (he is here on a Work Holiday Visa), but we plan to apply Outland anyways. We have been together for almost 6 years, I lived with him in Chile before. Here are my questions:

1) The validity of the Police Certificate from Chile is about 3 months. Knowing that the process from the Mexico office (where applications from Chile are processed) is taking more or less 10 months , how can this work?

2) The CIC webpage mentions that all documents that are not in English or French should be translated. Does this applies only to the main documents (Police Certificates, etc), or this could also apply for all the proofs or relationship (bills, lease,etc)?

3) What are the chances to be called for an interview? Isn't it only when the officer sees redflags/has doubts about the relationship?

Thanks you so much for the help, really appreciated!

1- It does not matter if the police cleareance expired while your app is in the process, in case they need it they will
extend it, or in other case they will ask you to sumit a new one when the case is mature, Just like the medicals.

2-It counts for all the oficials documents, as you sayd you have lived in chile, those in spanish like rent bills and other
papers, lease Etc.

3-you are right those are reazons to be call for for an interview, and its going to depend of the oficer that is going to
be working in your case.

Hope you guys have a good luck.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

1. It doesn't matter how long Chile says the PCC is valid for. It's valid for CIC provided he doesn't return to Chile after it is issued.

2. Official documents (PCCs, birth cert, marriage cert etc.) must be formally translated. Relationship proofs (lease, bills, bank statements etc.) can be translated by yourselves.

3. If you have no red flags, with a 6 year relationship, the chances of an interview are very low.