+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duration between COPR and Passport Request Letter (Please share your experience)

Kiasol

Jun 22, 2017
Hi All,

I am looking for applicants like my wife who recently got her COPR number on tracker, with all boxes completed. She is an Outland applicant.
We do not know how long it takes for Passport Request letter. Everyone is giving us different answers. Called MP said it could take up to 3 months. On the forums here people say a week or two weeks. Wanted to see if anyone here recently got this experience, her VO is Ankara, Turkey.

Thanks,

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Hi All,

I am looking for applicants like my wife who recently got her COPR number on tracker, with all boxes completed. She is an Outland applicant.
We do not know how long it takes for Passport Request letter. Everyone is giving us different answers. Called MP said it could take up to 3 months. On the forums here people say a week or two weeks. Wanted to see if anyone here recently got this experience, her VO is Ankara, Turkey.

Thanks,
I saw my COPR details on tracker late December 2023 but didn't get PPR until Feb 2 2024. It's different from case to case, and from what I have read, COPR showing up doesn't mean you're 100% approved.

Reactions: Kiasol

Kiasol

Jun 22, 2017
I saw my COPR details on tracker late December 2023 but didn't get PPR until Feb 2 2024. It's different from case to case, and from what I have read, COPR showing up doesn't mean you're 100% approved.
Thank you for your response, may I ask if your VO was Ankara too?

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Thank you for your response, may I ask if your VO was Ankara too?
My VO was Manila. I see people from other VO don't get their PPR for 6 months (either background check is taking too long, etc.). It really depends on your case and everyone's case is different. I would wait a month or two more for your case.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am looking for applicants like my wife who recently got her COPR number on tracker
Getting a COPR number allocated seems to be an administrative step that's not indicative of timing or approval. It means they gave it a type of file number. Any step forward is a positive one, but not a dispositive one.

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Took 2 months for me to get PPR letter and another 2 months and half to get my COPR sent to me (will get it this Monday 3/18/24 based on tracker). Application Status Tracker will be mark as "Closed" and GCkey with approval message.
*CPC-Ottawa/USA outland spouse sponsorship

Just expect 1 to 3 months for every crucial step in the application process and plan accordingly I would say. This is the mind set I used for the last 7 months and a half. It got frustrating at some points for me that I will not lie haha.

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Hi All,

Thanks,
Türk müsün? Eşinin varış yeri neresi?

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Hi All,

Thanks,
Are you Turkish? What isyour wife’s destination?

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
No she is not Turkish citizen, but her application is processed in Ankara, Turkey
I am sorry but the Ankara visa office is very slow, there are employees who do not know their job, there has been no progress on my wife's file for 18 months