+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dubai PCC - On Visit Visa

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hello,
Firstly it all depends on the type pf visa u were on, while u were in the UAE. Since u did not mentioned when and what kind of Visa u were having of UAE, I will share my situation with you as that may help. For example,(between 2005-2008), I was in the UAE on a Visit visa several times but never stayed for more than 6 months in a row in the UAE. Although, as per CIC PCC rules at the time of filing my application says a PCC is required if a person stayed in a particular country for more than 6 months in a row, I still tried to obtain the UAE PCC following all proper steps and through email I was told by the UAE police that UAE PCC wont be issued to a person who was on a Visit visa to UAE. In my LOE I mentioned this with all proofs which showed the effort I made in order to get a UAE PCC, also I attached the screen shot of the email of UAE police stating that a PCC wont be issued to a person who were on a visit visa.
The information m sharing is my personal experience which is applicable only for VISIT VISA, I am not sure about the rules of UAE PCC for other UAE visas like work visa or residence visa etc.
Kindly make further research by asking experts about ur situation, before u make a decision. Also check the latest CIC PCC rules & requirements.
Note: The final decision of an application depends upon the CIC case officer.

Regards
Thank you so much for the reply.

I have been staying in the UAE on multiple Visit Visas, and its been more than 6 months now. I have already mailed the Dubai Police, and they got back to me saying they have forwarded my request to the 'Certificates' section. Haven't heard from them after that. I also went to the Police Station in person, but they said they won't issue PCC to people on visit visa. I asked them if it would be possible to atleast give me a letter stating this, but they refused. So I am now waiting to get the e-mail reply, which I can hopefully use as a proof along with my LOE.

folk321

Feb 23, 2018
Thank you so much for the reply.

I have been staying in the UAE on multiple Visit Visas, and its been more than 6 months now. I have already mailed the Dubai Police, and they got back to me saying they have forwarded my request to the 'Certificates' section. Haven't heard from them after that. I also went to the Police Station in person, but they said they won't issue PCC to people on visit visa. I asked them if it would be possible to atleast give me a letter stating this, but they refused. So I am now waiting to get the e-mail reply, which I can hopefully use as a proof along with my LOE.
Hello,
UAE will never give a letter stating that they cannot issue a PCC to people on Visit Visas. I dont know why they forwarded your request to Certificates section, for me instead of forwarding my request to Certificates section, they themselves replied to me stating that they wont issue a PCC for people on Visit Visa, I then took the snapshots of that email and attached them to my LOE. Try to email dubai police once again with another email address, may be they will reply stating they wont issue a PCC as u were on a visit visa. U can use that snapshot as an evidence to attach in LOE.
Hope this helps.
Regards.

Halim92

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a similar case but with the Qatar PCC as I cannot obtain it given that I've been there on a business visa. I've been there for almost 155 days distributed on 4 trips. So guys could you please advise what did happen with you?

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
I have a similar case but with the Qatar PCC as I cannot obtain it given that I've been there on a business visa. I've been there for almost 155 days distributed on 4 trips. So guys could you please advise what did happen with you?
Hi,

As mentioned above, I obtained a mail from the Dubai police stating that they won't issue PCC to people on visit visa. I have included that in my LOE, and my application is currently under process. Just passed the medicals last week and submitted my biometrics. Will let you know once I receive an update.

Halim92

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I've already mailed the Qatar Embassy in Kuwait and Jordan and sent an email to the Criminal Evidence Investigation department. I haven't got the ITA yet, which most likely I will get it after my master's evaluation.

Yinka24us

Mar 30, 2019
Yes, UAE embassy did respond saying that they don't issue a PCC on a visit visa. In the LOE, I included the emails from the UAE embassy and Dubai Police. I also included the fingerprint form that I got attested from the UAE embassy.
Hi pls what was the outcome? In same dilemma now.