Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
canhope said:
Hi Qorax, SATDXB and all seniors,

Is it possible to get a travelers cheque from a bank without having an account in the same bank..
Hi Canhope, well i have never tried this before. But i think the bank wont issue any travelers chq or draft if you dont have an account with them.
Let Captain and other Seniors give their inputs.

Cheers..

Cool Canada

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/22/2014 according to ECAS 10/22/14
Nomination.....
DD 11/12/14
AOR Received.
PER 7/01/15.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
03/02/2015 PROCESSING STARTED 08/04/2015
Med's Request
27/04/2015
Med's Done....
9/05/2015 TLU 15/05/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 Submitted to ADVO 22/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/7/2015 (as per stamped visa) Valid till 10/5/2016 Passports recv. 13/08/2015
LANDED..........
will be in APRIL2016
Thnx for your reply SATDXB.
Is it ok to do it at this stage itself. As per him he sent the docs on sat. And the docs will be submitted in 3-4 days in Canada. Should I cancel the representation after he submits the docs. I have actually paid a good sum to him. Is there ANYWAY that I can know about the initial submission of docs at NS.

mikextr23

May 10, 2011
SATDXB said:
Hi, congrats for getting the visa.

I myself had landed in Canada via Heathrow. Nothing to declare here in Dubai or at Heathrow.
As you are two people travelling so if you carry more then $20K then only you have to declare it in the landing card ( the total amount is divided in number of people travelling). And if less then 20K, so nothing to declare.

All the best.

Cheers..
Thanks SATDXB. I just want to share an article that I just read prior to reading your reply to me. h**p://gulfnews.com/business/banking/travellers-required-to-declare-money-when-they-leave-uae-1.823791

It says there that starting Sept 1, 2011 all traveler are required to declare their money upon leaving Dubai. That is if they're carrying more than AED100k.

Just a follow up question regarding money declaration upon arrival to Canada. What type of proof I can carry with me to show and prove to Canada that the money I brought with me really came from my savings? I already closed all of my bank accounts here in Dubai so I'm not sure if can still ask for latest bank account.

Thanks again in advance.

Mike

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Hello all,

How long does it take usually for the status to change after sending the medicals. And the tracking number I received by my medical provider confirms that the medicals was received by a person named Aziz. So I hope Mr Aziz works for CHC London.

This forum is like a family support, you always have someone to help you. Glad to have found this. Although I wont be able to always be there like Qorax, Biju, SatDXB, and other senior members, but will try my best to learn from our seniors.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
alibhai800 said:
Hello all,

How long does it take usually for the status to change after sending the medicals. And the tracking number I received by my medical provider confirms that the medicals was received by a person named Aziz. So I hope Mr Aziz works for CHC London.

This forum is like a family support, you always have someone to help you. Glad to have found this. Although I wont be able to always be there like Qorax, Biju, SatDXB, and other senior members, but will try my best to learn from our seniors.
Hi Alibhai, most of the cases the ECASE doesnt changes into "MEDICALS RECEIVED". Mine never changed. From "IN PROCESS" it was updated to "DECISION MADE" after the visa stamping.

Cheers...

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
mikextr23 said:
Thanks SATDXB. I just want to share an article that I just read prior to reading your reply to me. h**p://gulfnews.com/business/banking/travellers-required-to-declare-money-when-they-leave-uae-1.823791

It says there that starting Sept 1, 2011 all traveler are required to declare their money upon leaving Dubai. That is if they're carrying more than AED100k.

Just a follow up question regarding money declaration upon arrival to Canada. What type of proof I can carry with me to show and prove to Canada that the money I brought with me really came from my savings? I already closed all of my bank accounts here in Dubai so I'm not sure if can still ask for latest bank account.

Thanks again in advance.

Mike
Hi Mike, you can carry with you ur job contract copies, pay slips and bill copy of the exchange center where you will be converting your dirhams into CAD.

That will be more then enough.

Cheers..

micham

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
First AOR 29.03.2010 ; Second AOR 12.08.2010
File Transfer...
07.04.2010 ; FULL APPLICATION PACKAGE RECEIVED 21.07.10: E-CAS: IN PROCESS on 08.02.2011 with RBVO
Med's Request
coming soon
Med's Done....
coming soon
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
coming soon
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
coming soon
thanks satdxb for the reply

so for us pre june we have to wait for two years or more?

though my status in process but still rbvo inside...do you know anyone with the same status and got medicals?

by the way how's canada?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bugsnette said:
dear friends, we are planning to land on Set 14 via Emirates Airline, we have a connecting flight from London to Toronto, do we need a transiting visa for this?

Thanks in advance.
No, u don't.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canhope said:
Hi Qorax, SATDXB and all seniors,

Is it possible to get a travelers cheque from a bank without having an account in the same bank..
Most banks [which have this service] will issue u Travellers Cheques [no bank a/c is required]... it's after all a product of theirs [they make money on it]. The problem is: not many branches of banks handle foreign exchange -- so they might not have the TC facility. But, it's safe/wise to obtain them from the Exchange Houses... especially "Al-Rostamani Thomas Cook" ['coz each & every branch of theirs deal with TCs].

Qorax

Ps.: It's not so with Draft/s... if u don't have an a/c with them - most banks will not issue it to u.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mikextr23 said:

Thanks again in advance.

Mike
They don't care [if it was from your savings]. All they desire is to see/check/ensure that it's obtained from legal means/sources & isn't a produce of Money Laundering. Thus, it'd be wise to carry the Exchange House's Receipts 'only'. It's then understood that the Exch.House had done its due diligence before issuing u the Forex, either in cash or draft/s.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yogi7890 said:
Hi to all,

I would request all seniors and especially Qorax (our Captain) to please reply on the same.

I am done with my medicals on 16 July'11 in Dubai(UAE) and the same has been received by VO in Lodon on 20 Jul'11.My question is due some personal reasons I have to leave Dubai by the end of next month which is AUG'11.Can anyone help me on this..Does is the change in my status gone affect my case..as I'm moving from the place from where I applied under FSW category and now will be moving back to my home country and I have someone who can take my passport to London whenever VO is gone request fr my PPR.Please let me know if I have to take any documents or any paper work before I leave from here??

Thanks to each and everyone...
There wouldn't be any problem... u r free to move out of the UAE. No papers/docs required. However, we have seen that a few [very few] r asked again to submit a fresh UAE PCC... if that occurs u might be in trouble... thus, ideally obtain a new PCC before u leave from there.

Qorax

jungi

Sep 20, 2010
qorax said:
There wouldn't be any problem... u r free to move out of the UAE. No papers/docs required. However, we have seen that a few [very few] r asked again to submit a fresh UAE PCC... if that occurs u might be in trouble... thus, ideally obtain a new PCC before u leave from there.

Qorax
Dear big bro,how r u? once again i need ur help nd i hope u will never mind it becoz i already bothered u alots.i dont get any respons from chc London.i dont know how much time they want now.here is is my time line so plez tell me something about my time line.We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on December 21, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on December 30, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the London England office on January 27, 2011. The London England office may contact you.
i hope u will reply me soon by ur experience.waitting 4 ur reply big bro GOD BLESS U ALWAYS.

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Hi all,

I would request Qorax and all other seniors to please help me on the same

I am dubai based FSW applicant who's done with his medicals on 16july'11and the same has been received by London VO on 20 july'11.Due to certain personal reasons I am gone leave Dubai by next month which is Aug'1.I want to make sure before I go back to my country

1.Is my change of address and country where I applied for my PR gone have any affect on my case once I move back to India?

2.Do need to collect any paper work or obtain any new docs before I leave from here?

3.I do have someone who can take my passport whenever PPR is gone be requsted by VO

4.Do I need to update my VO reg change in my status?

Please all and especially Qorax if u can reply as I am anxious

Thanx a lot for all ur help

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yogi7890 said:
Hi all,

I am dubai based FSW applicant who's done with his medicals on 16july'11and the same has been received by London VO on 20 july'11.Due to certain personal reasons I am gone leave Dubai by next month which is Aug'1.I want to make sure before I go back to my country

1.Is my change of address and country where I applied for my PR gone have any affect on my case once I move back to India?

2.Do need to collect any paper work or obtain any new docs before I leave from here?

3.I do have someone who can take my passport whenever PPR is gone be requsted by VO

Just replied u one post above!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yogi7890 said:
Hi all,

Just replied u elsewhere!