Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
Hi Forumites!!

I have applied for FSW-2014 on 20 May 2014 , CC Charged on : 28 August 2014 & Received PER on 09 Sept 2014.

I have some queries, request you to help me with them. Currently I am staying in Sharjah.

1) My passport doesnot have my wife's name ...( As it was issued before marriage). Do I need to get that updated... I mean is it mandatory??? Even for applying for PCC of India ( For both me & my spouse) from Passport seva kendra will they ask to add spouse name in passport???

2) How to get PCC from UAE & how much time does it take?? Even What is the validity of that PCC

3) My Wife is in UAE on residence visa since June 8, 2014. She has to get a PCC of UAE also???

4) Can anyone help me with the Medical fees in UAE. If we get our medicals done here in UAE

5) One last query, my visa office is New Delhi, can i get my visa stamped here in Abu Dhabi instead of sending the Passports there in India ( Which is illegal through courier).

Thanks in Advance for your valuable reply

Regards,
Prateek

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Hi,

I just want to ask, I live in Dubai as residence. which immigration office i will put in generic application form? is it abu dhabi or london?

Please advise..

Thanks

spsingh25

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 05-11-2014; PPR2 on 07-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
dems said:
Hi,

I just want to ask, I live in Dubai as residence. which immigration office i will put in generic application form? is it abu dhabi or london?

Please advise..

Thanks
If you live in UAE for more than 1 year, you can use "London Visa Office".

No to "Abu Dhabi" for FSW applicant

souseh

Sep 10, 2014
Good evening all,

I would like to apply for immigration to Canada as a skilled worker. However, I have a few questions that need to be answered before I can officially work on my application:
1- My name in my old passport was spelt as Sara Abdul Manam Alhaj. It was spelt the same way on my BA degree, which I obtained in 2009. However, upon the renewal of my passport in 2010, I requested the Consulate General of Syria in Dubai to have my name spelt as Sarah Abdul Munem Al Haj in the new passport. Hence, my name in my current passport is different from my name on my BA degree, for which I am required to obtain an ECA report. Is it a problem that the spelling of my name on my degree, transcript and ECA report is different from that in my passport, national ID and other documents? If it is a problem, what am I supposed to do to solve it?
2- Regarding the national ID that we have to provide a copy of, is it the same national ID issued by the Emirates Identity Authority?
3- I was married in Feb and divorced in Aug, do I have to include both the marriage and divorce certificates in my application?
4- I studied English Language and Translation at Ajman University, am I still required to sit for an IELTS test?
5- About my travels, there were times when I traveled to a certain city in a country but visited other cities for a day or two. Am I supposed to include the names of all the cities I visited? If yes, can I write them all in the same slot?
6- What is the number of Al Taawun Street in Sharjah?
7- Are postal codes used here in the UAE?
8- Can I provide a copy of my Individual Civil Registry Record instead of my birth certificate? I cannot obtain a birth certificate due to the current situation in my city of birth, which has fallen under the control of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
9- What are the documents that I need to provide the original copies of?

These are my questions so far and I would really appreciate your help!

ringostar

May 6, 2010
'Canadian Experience' is always a topic of interest.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/new-to-canada/The-myth-of-no-Canadian-experience/articleshow/40648277.cms?utm_source=website&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=NewToCanada

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
ringostar said:
'Canadian Experience' is always a topic of interest.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/new-to-canada/The-myth-of-no-Canadian-experience/articleshow/40648277.cms?utm_source=website&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=NewToCanada
Interesting read

meher123

Sep 11, 2012
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Hello everyone...

I am planning to put the papers in OCTOBER.. under FSW - I am into IT - principal applicant and my hubby Mechanical Project Engineer(HVAC)

Receiving the WES assessment result today.. All the doc's are ready except the Birth certificate. I will be receiving in October.

Is it ok to file for processing in October or AM I LATE..

pls advice..

Thanks in advance
Mehetab

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
souseh said:
Good morning all,

I would like to apply for immigration to Canada as a skilled worker. However, I have a few questions that need to be answered before I can officially work on my application:
1- My name in my old passport was spelt as Sara Abdul Manam Alhaj. It was spelt the same way on my BA degree, which I obtained in 2009. However, upon the renewal of my passport in 2010, I requested the Consulate General of Syria in Dubai to have my name spelt as Sarah Abdul Munem Al Haj in the new passport. Hence, my name in my current passport is different from my name on my BA degree, for which I am required to obtain an ECA report. Is it a problem that the spelling of my name on my degree, transcript and ECA report is different from that in my passport, national ID and other documents? If it is a problem, what am I supposed to do to solve it? YOU NEED TO PREPARE A SELF-SWORN AFFIDAVIT EXPLAINING THE WHOLE THING. THIS CAN BE DONE IN THE UAE OR BACK IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY.
2- Regarding the national ID that we have to provide a copy of, is it the same national ID issued by the Emirates Identity Authority? NATIONAL ID IS FOR YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH/CITIZENSHIP AND NOT COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE. SO NO TO EMIRATES ID.
3- I was married in Feb and divorced in Aug, do I have to include both the marriage and divorce certificates in my application? I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS. REFER THE CIC APPLICATION GUIDE.
4- I studied English Language and Translation at Ajman University, am I still required to sit for an IELTS test? YOU HAVE TO TAKE IELTS. 100% MANDATORY.
5- About my travels, there were times when I traveled to a certain city in a country but visited other cities for a day or two. Am I supposed to include the names of all the cities I visited? If yes, can I write them all in the same slot? YOU NEED TO MENTION ALL YOUR TRAVELS FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS (i believe) OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
6- What is the number of Al Taawun Street in Sharjah?
7- Are postal codes used here in the UAE? GENERALLY NO.
8- Can I provide a copy of my Individual Civil Registry Record instead of my birth certificate? I cannot obtain a birth certificate due to the current situation in my city of birth, which has fallen under the control of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. PREPARE A SELF-SWORN AFFIDAVIT AND MENTION THE SAME - YOUR FULL NAME, PARENTS NAME, DOB, POB. ITS RECOMMENDED TO USE YOUR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE (if applicable) OR IN YOUR CASE A COPY OF YOUR INDIVIDUAL CIVIL REGISTRY RECORD MAY SUFFICE BACKED BY THE AFFIDAVIT.
9- What are the documents that I need to provide the original copies of? PLEASE REFER THE CIC DOCUMENT CHECKLIST. IF YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING IT YOU ARE ONLY INVITING TROUBLE FOR YOURSELF. A QUICK ANSWER WOULD BE - IELTS + ECA + PCC + AFFIDAVITS.

These are my questions so far and I would really appreciate your help!

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
ShahPrateek said:
Hi Forumites!!

I have applied for FSW-2014 on 20 May 2014 , CC Charged on : 28 August 2014 & Received PER on 09 Sept 2014.

I have some queries, request you to help me with them. Currently I am staying in Sharjah.

1) My passport doesnot have my wife's name ...( As it was issued before marriage). Do I need to get that updated... I mean is it mandatory??? Even for applying for PCC of India ( For both me & my spouse) from Passport seva kendra will they ask to add spouse name in passport??? I do not recall any such requirements for FSW but better be on the safe side and refer the application guide and the document checklist.

2) How to get PCC from UAE & how much time does it take?? Even What is the validity of that PCC

The entire process of obtaining PCC from Dubai Police can be completed Online itself without having to visit any given Police Station.

If you have access to a scanner - you would need to scan the following:

- Front and back page of your PP.
- The VISA Page on your PP.
- A Passport Sized Photograph.

If you are on an employment VISA in the UAE then your Bio-metrics are already available with the authority in their database. So this process is omitted.

Have your credit card ready. It costs around 200 to 300 AED (can't remember the exact rate).

Visit the following page: http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/jsps/home.do?switchLanguage=en&noCache=1410156278629#

Although let me warn you that the site does not exactly work at the speed of light, all the time.

3) My Wife is in UAE on residence visa since June 8, 2014. She has to get a PCC of UAE also??? If she has LIVED in the UAE for a period of 6 months or more then YES, else NO.

4) Can anyone help me with the Medical fees in UAE. If we get our medicals done here in UAE. One of my acquaintance got it done for close to 1500 AED 2 years back (per person I believe).

5) One last query, my visa office is New Delhi, can i get my visa stamped here in Abu Dhabi instead of sending the Passports there in India ( Which is illegal through courier).

You cannot send PP by Post or Courier to India because its not legal. Also, NDVO cannot send your PP back by post to you in the UAE from India because again its not legal (in India). Therefore, you have 2 choices, first - you send an official request (postal) to NDVO requesting that the VISA Stamping be transferred to the VO in Abu Dhabi. This has worked for 1 applicant that I know of but he did not provide me with any further information beyond the fact that it worked (over PM). Secondly - you can send your passport via a relative or family member with a Letter Of Authorization to carry your passport across International border. There is also a third option - you use the courier agencies who deliver it but they will not accept any risk should anything happen en route. If you do use the 3rd option, remember, you have to provide a return address within India for NDVO to Deliver it back. They will NOT mail the PP outside India.

Thanks in Advance for your valuable reply

Regards,
Prateek

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
souseh said:
So for FSW applicants in Dubai, they must write London Visa Office in the generic application form?
Its LONDON for residents of UAE (1 year or more) or the VO assigned to your country of citizenship

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
meher123 said:
Hello everyone...

I am planning to put the papers in OCTOBER.. under FSW - I am into IT - principal applicant and my hubby Mechanical Project Engineer(HVAC)

Receiving the WES assessment result today.. All the doc's are ready except the Birth certificate. I will be receiving in October.

Is it ok to file for processing in October or AM I LATE..

pls advice..

Thanks in advance
Mehetab
Which NOC Code are you preparing your application for ?

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Dear Friends,
I got the below e mail from LVO, can someone explain whit does this e mail means for the processing of my file,

Dear Sir/ Madam,
This refers to the application number given in the subject line of this email.
We require the following within 20 days of the date of this email for further processing of this application.
-Updated Information Chart, please see attached.
-Updated Passport Bio-page copies for you and your family members.
You can submit the updated forms by email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

thanks,

misag

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2010
Doc's Request.
30 June 2010
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
17 Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Included with docs sent in Oct 2010
Med's Request
05/06/2014
Med's Done....
11/06/2014
Passport Req..
15/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Hello All,

Does anyone know how long it takes for return of passports from Abu Dhabi office after submission for stamping of PR Visa.
Waiting - 18 working days/13 business days and counting......... :'(

Many thanks

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
misag said:
Hello All,

Does anyone know how long it takes for return of passports from Abu Dhabi office after submission for stamping of PR Visa.
Waiting - 18 working days/13 business days and counting......... :'(

Many thanks
Hi Misag

How did you request for the transfer of the stamping to Abu Dhabi VO ?

How and when did you submit your Passport to ADVO ?