Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Debray said:
Dear all,

My wife and I are applying for Canadian Immigration from the UAE this year. We are Indian nationals and are current residents of UAE (working visas).

We have couple of questions on the process:
1. Since we are Indian nationals, living in UAE, which CIC office should we apply to?

2. For Proof of funds, can we show funds in our bank accounts in India? Can we also show statements of Shares, Mutual funds, Public Provident Fund investments in India? We have very recently moved to the UAE, been 6 months only, hence most of our investment proofs can be shown from India.

Having gone through few other forums - it seems like the POF acceptable list varies based on the office one applies from. Please advice.

Thanks,
Debray
your VO can be London or Deli, London is for the UAE.
yes proof of funds can be shown in India as well at the time of application. they will ask u again when near to finalization of your case at that time they will be more concerned about the statement.
POF must be in the forms of Statements signed and stamped by the relevant authorities. but photo copies of BODS etc are not accepted.

Debray

Apr 26, 2014
Thanks nekeol.

I am planning to apply directly on my own(not through any consultant). I found on the CIC website that applications should be sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia. So I am confused about the VO being London or Delhi.

Also, does anybody know if the CIC office in UAE accepts the application?

Thanks,
Debray

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Debray said:
Thanks nekeol.

I am planning to apply directly on my own(not through any consultant). I found on the CIC website that applications should be sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia. So I am confused about the VO being London or Delhi.

Also, does anybody know if the CIC office in UAE accepts the application?

Thanks,
Debray
u have options eithr London or delhi, up to u. prefer London. but london VO is slow than Delhi.
abu dhabi is not accepting federal skilled workrs, only visit visa or PNP

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Guys I need you advice.... Recently we reviewed our visas and we are given until jan next year to land. We are planning to fly on December however we need to renew our passports before this. my country wont llow us to travel if the validity is less than six months...so we are obliged to renew.....My concern is, since our visas were issued based from our old passport, will the issuance of new passports affects our visas? And what should I do once I have the new passports... Thank you

goalcanada

Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-13
AOR Received.
PER recd 25-07-2013
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
3rd line on 19.09.14
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 12.09.14 & PP submitted 29.9.14
Ibasco said:
Guys I need you advice.... Recently we reviewed our visas and we are given until jan next year to land. We are planning to fly on December however we need to renew our passports before this. my country wont llow us to travel if the validity is less than six months...so we are obliged to renew.....My concern is, since our visas were issued based from our old passport, will the issuance of new passports affects our visas? And what should I do once I have the new passports... Thank you
As long as you hold your Old PP with valid visa you can travel. You can renew your PP no issue. But ensure that your Old PP is collected without any damage on Visa page.

During your landing you have show your OLD PP.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
goalcanada said:
As long as you hold your Old PP with valid visa you can travel. You can renew your PP no issue. But ensure that your Old PP is collected without any damage on Visa page.

During your landing you have show your OLD PP.
I dont think this is the case. If one can renew his passport after the issuance of visa then why below is mentioned in the PPR:

 Your visas will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. However, if your passport or any of your family members’ passports are due to expire before this date, all visas will expire on the date that the first passport expires. You must enter Canada on or before the expiry date on your visas.

Please do not give incorrect information to anyone. This may create serious problems for them.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Ibasco said:
Hi,

Please check with your visa office before taking any action.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Ibasco said:
dont renew, otherwise u have to get ur copr and visa again.

goalcanada

Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-13
AOR Received.
PER recd 25-07-2013
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
3rd line on 19.09.14
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 12.09.14 & PP submitted 29.9.14
Vigilant said:
I dont think this is the case. If one can renew his passport after the issuance of visa then why below is mentioned in the PPR:

 Your visas will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. However, if your passport or any of your family members' passports are due to expire before this date, all visas will expire on the date that the first passport expires. You must enter Canada on or before the expiry date on your visas.

Please do not give incorrect information to anyone. This may create serious problems for them.
Friend, visa validity is being decided by VO.

VO knows his PP expiry and in spite visa validity was given. (may be for 1year from his Medical, after the date of his PP expiry), If I am right PP is the document required to Travel and visa validity decides whether you can Travel to the specific country.

For an example you have a valid UAE resident visa for 2years, and you are renewing you PP in between. Is that you can't enter UAE?

As long as you have received Visa expiry date you can Travel I believe. However we can still check with person who had real experience and entered Canada.

I do agree that the best option is raise a CSE and get VO reply. Post the same here to get clearly idea in future. Thanks.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
goalcanada said:
Friend, visa validity is being decided by VO.
Yup.. This should be checked wid the visa office... :)

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Ibasco said:
don't renew your passport, your visa is same single entry visit visa. if passport expires your visa auto expires. there is difference between Residence visa and visit visa. you must have to land prior to the expiry of your visa on the same passport. otherwise u have t inform to the CIC and they will issue another visa on the new passport but validity will be as per your medical expiry.

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Ibasco said:

_____________________________________--
Valid PRV on an Expired Passport ? -No Problem

13.15. Valid visas in expired passports
If an expired passport contains a valid visa counterfoil, the counterfoil can still be used since the expiration of the passport has no effect on the visa's validity. Holders of a valid visa may continue to use their visa until the date it expires even if the visa is in an expired passport. Visitors can fulfil the visa and passport requirements by presenting both the renewed and expired passports containing the valid visa counterfoil to a BSO when seeking entry into Canada. The Regulations state that visas should not be issued longer than the validity of the passport. However, due to pre- IRPA cases, it is possible to encounter visas in expired passports.

It is not possible to "transfer" a valid visa into a new passport. If the holder of a valid visa wishes to have a visa placed in their new passport or if the passport is deemed ‘not valid' for political or security concerns, visitors must apply for a replacement visa by submitting a new application and paying the replacement document fee in accordance with R311(2).

If the applicant wishes to obtain a visa valid for a longer period in the new document, this will constitute a new temporary resident visa application and any applicable fees resulting from this new application will be collected. The previous visa will subsequently be cancelled.

Ref: This is the quote from Sec-13.15 of the "Port of Entry Examinations Manual" -ENF 4; dt. 2010-02-23, Page 53
Qorax

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
parry1901 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf
The section you mentioned in your previous post (13.15) applies to temporary residents (visitors, students, workers, and permit holders) and not permanent residents landing for the first time (section 12 of the document). TR visas are usually multiple entry and hence makes sense for them to be valid even after expiry of passport (though some countries like Singapore do not allow this).

However, I have been reading through all the comments on this topic ::) and just want to add that there are a few members of this forum, who had renewed their passports after getting COPR and have already landed successfully. I would however not recommend this at all, you should always inform your VO about such changes and once the visa officer acknowledges that it is okay for you to travel on the new passport, you should carry that email as proof at the time of landing. You never know what kind of CBSA officer you will encounter and he/she might give you unnecessary grief at time of landing.

Regards,

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
As long as you have valid visa & valid passport (no matter if visa is in old passport) no VO can stop you from entering/landing. However do your research before you act.