+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

proby

Jan 4, 2014
Dear Friends,

Could you all please help me with suggestions on temporary accommodation in toronto & how much it should cost roughly?

Also for how long should i book the place for?..... I mean normally how much time it takes for a person to find a permanent place to stay like a rented apartment.

Please note: I will be landing with my wife.

Proby

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
proby said:
Dear Friends,

Could you all please help me with suggestions on temporary accommodation in toronto & how much it should cost roughly?

Also for how long should i book the place for?..... I mean normally how much time it takes for a person to find a permanent place to stay like a rented apartment.

Please note: I will be landing with my wife.

Proby
Try this place: http://www.safehomestay.com/ourservices.html

Accommodation hunting can be easy as falling in love with the first place you go to see or spending a month to find the right place that will accommodate a new immigrant without a job (job letter and sometimes pay stub is a requirement for rental). I told my rental company that I am a new immigrant and am searching for a job, so they asked me for my bank statement (they said if it has the equivalent of 3 months rent in the account then it will be OK) and they conducted a 2 minute telephonic interview about my previous job. Other places I saw, asked to bring a guarantor (must be able to meet credit check) that will cosign the the lease. If it is privately owned (called condos) and not through a rental company, then it is up to the individual landlord to decide the terms of your lease and there are many people sympathetic to new immigrants here.

Please plan accordingly.

If you are looking for an apartment then this site is better www.viewit.ca , for a house you can look at this: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-real-estate-house-rental-W0QQCatIdZ43

Regards,

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Good morning guys, is there anyone who received their passport and visa from LVO?i am just worried because I used my residence address and not my po box... Do u guys know if they will deliver it through courier and what courier they will use in UAE... Thank you

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Ibasco said:
Good morning guys, is there anyone who received their passport and visa from LVO?i am just worried because I used my residence address and not my po box... Do u guys know if they will deliver it through courier and what courier they will use in UAE... Thank you
You did the right thing.

Aramex will deliver it your home address. Just make sure that you are available to receive the passports.

If I recall they charge around AED49 at the time of delivery.

Regards,

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Ibasco said:
Yes this has to be your residance address. I did the same and just few minutes back I received a call from ARAMEX that they want to deliver my passport... :p
I asked them to bring it to my office as the delivery boy knows me..
So hopefully I shall get it till 4 PM... :D

proby

Jan 4, 2014
rizmayo said:

Accommodation hunting can be easy as falling in love with the first place you go to see or spending a month to find the right place that will accommodate a new immigrant without a job (job letter and sometimes pay stub is a requirement for rental). I told my rental company that I am a new immigrant and am searching for a job, so they asked me for my bank statement (they said if it has the equivalent of 3 months rent in the account then it will be OK) and they conducted a 2 minute telephonic interview about my previous job. Other places I saw, asked to bring a guarantor (must be able to meet credit check) that will cosign the the lease. If it is privately owned (called condos) and not through a rental company, then it is up to the individual landlord to decide the terms of your lease and there are many people sympathetic to new immigrants here.

Please plan accordingly.

If you are looking for an apartment then this site is better www.viewit.ca , for a house you can look at this: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-real-estate-house-rental-W0QQCatIdZ43

Regards,

Thanx rizmayo,

Is safehomestay not too expensive ?

For how long should we rent a place like this?

Proby

dave_lewis

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
HI champions ,

Need some advice, The canadian high commission has come back with a question after medicals, they require all my spouse work permits in UAE..now for the old companies its hard to get a copies because we are not sure if they will have a copies because its over 5 years...for the new company she is under the husband visa and there is a comment on the visa saying "House wife / not allowed to work" but in this country everyone works....

The new company has not sponsored her so there is only a staff ID card, but the company is will to provide a no objection letter for stating that they have to issues with her working under her husband visa.

will this letter and copy of ID be okay??? please advice

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Vigilant said:
Yes this has to be your residance address. I did the same and just few minutes back I received a call from ARAMEX that they want to deliver my passport... :p
I asked them to bring it to my office as the delivery boy knows me..
So hopefully I shall get it till 4 PM... :D
Alhamdullilah....
I have received my passport with visa & COPR..

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
:p :p
Vigilant said:
Alhamdullilah....
:p :p :p :p

fatima20

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER : 13-08-2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2014
Med's Request
17-11-2014
Med's Done....
23-11-2014
Passport Req..
11-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-03-2015
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH SOON....
hi!!
Can we apply for Quebec immigration if we r not having French Language proficiency??? I just HAVE ielts can I still apply??
please reply URGENT

Thanx in advance
Fatima

dave_lewis

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
dave_lewis said:
HI champions ,

Need some advice, The canadian high commission has come back with a question after medicals, they require all my spouse work permits in UAE..now for the old companies its hard to get a copies because we are not sure if they will have a copies because its over 5 years...for the new company she is under the husband visa and there is a comment on the visa saying "House wife / not allowed to work" but in this country everyone works....

The new company has not sponsored her so there is only a staff ID card, but the company is will to provide a no objection letter for stating that they have to issues with her working under her husband visa.

will this letter and copy of ID be okay??? please advice

Hi all can someone please help me with this matter..

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
dave_lewis said:
Hi all can someone please help me with this matter..
Who is the principal applicant? You or your spouse?
Sorry forgot to call you. I 'll contact you tomorrow IA..

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Vigilant said:
Alhamdullilah....
Zabardast... Congrats

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
proby said:
rizmayo said:

Please plan accordingly.

Regards,

Thanx rizmayo,

Is safehomestay not too expensive ?

For how long should we rent a place like this?

Proby
Yes any place that is temporary (hotel, guest house, furnished short-term rental, etc.) will be expensive, that is why you need to find a place as soon as you can.

As the winter is now subsiding, you can try looking for a basement apartment (without contract) soon after you land.

You can always find a better place to live after you have a steady source of income and no contract means you can leave with only the agreed upon notice period.

Regards,