"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
March 28th is a memorable date for us.

We arrived in Toronto on Air France via Paris from Dubai. Almost 24 hrs of travel time, totally exhausted. Just after getting out of the plane's door, , there are three officers checking passports and PRC of all passengers. Once they are satisfied, they direct you to the immigration area. First timers are to line up in the visitors queue. Not very long, so it doesn't take much time. Our passports and the form given on the plane is checked. All family members are listed and I have to make the declaration regarding goods to follow, money, food etc. The forms are signed, a couple of entries made and the officer directs us to the immigrants processing area.

Another queue but shorter and we are asked to wait for our turn. Finally an officer comes over, asks the family to wait and only PA to join him. I've to produce the passport and COPR, details are updated on the system, I sign mine and for the underage kids, my wife is called who signs for herself, the single entry visa is cancelled, passport stamped, I've to confirm my address where I will stay, and I'm asked to collect my bags and proceed to the customs area. The officer informs me that the Services Canada office is open till 2100 hrs but their system is being upgraded so I can get my SIN processed on Monday morning, elsewhere.

While I am getting my papers done, my wife and kids see a man's immigration being cancelled for false information and two women being taken away.

Before exiting the area two other officers give us checklists to settle, information on services Canada, a book for immigrants and 'Wecome to Canada'.

We collect our bags head to the customs area. Mercifully it's not very busy , our turn comes. The guy ahead has just had his beef bacon confiscated and thrown away. He eats some of it while standing and offers it to others as well.
The officer is pretty impressed with our preparation of itemised lists, jewellery pictures, duplicate copies of everything and shows it to the boss as well. Everything is totalled and updated on the computer, photocopies taken, form signed by me, stamped, POF checked for value , details of issuing bank noted, cash on person carried is also noted, I get a receipt and finally, another 'welcome to Canada' and we are free to go.

Head to the exit, rent a car, drive off to Canada ! :D

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
akbardxb said:
Nicely Explained...
Congrats for becoming PR... :)

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
guys, i have one clarification here.

just received my passport request, and i am planning to send it soon....

the thing is I am confused which mailing address i should use, should i use my PO box or my home address...because LVO said they will mail by courier for middle east countries...

hoping for your inputs thanks....

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
akbardxb said:
welcome to Canada' and we are free to go.
dear congratulations for successful journey. wish u good luck in future. nekeol

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Ibasco said:
guys, i have one clarification here.

just received my passport request, and i am planning to send it soon....

the thing is I am confused which mailing address i should use, should i use my PO box or my home address...because LVO said they will mail by courier for middle east countries...

hoping for your inputs thanks....
give the complete adders such as building NO flat Number where u are available on Saturday even. as courier wil deliver at your address mentioned and not on the P O box. NEKEOL

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Ibasco said:
HI NEKEOL,

THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK...YOU DID THE SAME THING BEFORE?

THANK YOU
yes

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
akbardxb said:

We arrived in Toronto on Air France via Paris from Dubai. Almost 24 hrs of travel time, totally exhausted. Just after getting out of the plane's door, , there are three officers checking passports and PRC of all passengers. Once they are satisfied, they direct you to the immigration area. First timers are to line up in the visitors queue. Not very long, so it doesn't take much time. Our passports and the form given on the plane is checked. All family members are listed and I have to make the declaration regarding goods to follow, money, food etc. The forms are signed, a couple of entries made and the officer directs us to the immigrants processing area.

Another queue but shorter and we are asked to wait for our turn. Finally an officer comes over, asks the family to wait and only PA to join him. I've to produce the passport and COPR, details are updated on the system, I sign mine and for the underage kids, my wife is called who signs for herself, the single entry visa is cancelled, passport stamped, I've to confirm my address where I will stay, and I'm asked to collect my bags and proceed to the customs area. The officer informs me that the Services Canada office is open till 2100 hrs but their system is being upgraded so I can get my SIN processed on Monday morning, elsewhere.

While I am getting my papers done, my wife and kids see a man's immigration being cancelled for false information and two women being taken away.

Before exiting the area two other officers give us checklists to settle, information on services Canada, a book for immigrants and 'Wecome to Canada'.

We collect our bags head to the customs area. Mercifully it's not very busy , our turn comes. The guy ahead has just had his beef bacon confiscated and thrown away. He eats some of it while standing and offers it to others as well.
The officer is pretty impressed with our preparation of itemised lists, jewellery pictures, duplicate copies of everything and shows it to the boss as well. Everything is totalled and updated on the computer, photocopies taken, form signed by me, stamped, POF checked for value , details of issuing bank noted, cash on person carried is also noted, I get a receipt and finally, another 'welcome to Canada' and we are free to go.

Welcome to Canada Eh!

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
srhir said:
there is a Canadian licensed attorney:
www dot ilsgroup dot com/contact-uae.html

They charge 150 aed per stamp(one to many document can be grouped with single stamp)

hi, i just called them, they charged 150per document... quite expensive.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Thank you all for your kind wishes and especially those who have answered my many questions. This has been a great form to get updates and learn from the experience of others.

Will update again after opening bank account, SIN, DL, school etc.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
hi Anyone Going on UAE Cancelled visa out of UAE faced any problem in the airports for Loan Refund/Electricity Bills/Etisalat Bills (postpaid) E-Life ETC???

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
nekeol said:
hi Anyone Going on UAE Cancelled visa out of UAE faced any problem in the airports for Loan Refund/Electricity Bills/Etisalat Bills (postpaid) E-Life ETC???
Utilities don't automatically know your visa is cancelled and won't report you to immigration till you become a defaulter. Your company is required to inform your bank once your visa is cancelled. If you have any outstanding balances the bank will block your account and if there is no balance at all they may then contact police and immigration, that is of course after they try to contact you first for settlement.

Regards,

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
If you have a personal loan from a the bank, your employers are legally bound to inform them of you resignation. The end of service benefits will go with your last salary after visa is cancelled and any outstanding will be settled against them. If the o/s is more EOSB, then there could be trouble and should be discussed with the bank for a solution. Remember to close all credit cards and bank accounts. I've heard of people who got into trouble years later after leaving since they hadn't closed a bank account which required a minimum balance and the charges had accumulated over the years. Utility clearances are pretty simple however and not linked to a visa cancellation, but don't leave any unfinished business hanging especially with the banks / credit cards.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
If you have a personal loan from a the bank, your employers are legally bound to inform them of you resignation. The end of service benefits will go with your last salary after visa is cancelled and any outstanding will be settled against them. If the o/s is more EOSB, then there could be trouble and should be discussed with the bank for a solution. Remember to close all credit cards and bank accounts. I've heard of people who got into trouble years later after leaving since they hadn't closed a bank account which required a minimum balance and the charges had accumulated over the years. Utility clearances are pretty simple however and not linked to a visa cancellation, but don't leave any unfinished business hanging especially with the banks / credit cards.
I don't agree with the first part. The employer only needs to inform your bank if you have applied for visa cancellation.

Many employers in UAE inform the bank about an employees resignation, even though they are moving to another company within UAE. This is totally unnecessary and done only to cause inconvenience to the person, however it is in no way required by the law. There are many people still working in UAE who have suffered miserably (prematurely closed personal loans, forced to sell their bank financed cars at a loss, etc.) due to these practices of their previous employers

The second part of your advise is very true. I saw a very interesting editorial on this subject, if I find the link I will share it with forum. People leave UAE with open accounts and credit cards that have no dues on them, however the accounts are hit with nominal service charges each year and eventually with the outstanding amounts and the monthly interest accumulating on these adds up to a lot of money. I had this problem with a credit card I left open in Pakistan before moving to the UAE :mad:

Regards,

meanne

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
July 2013
akbardxb said:

Congrats!