0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Qorax/Siawo,

Thanks for the reply.
Then,can the best alternative be,to open a canadian bank account and send the funds which you do not intend to carry.
Can the cash funds, which one intends to carry,could be of any amount irrespective of the minimum stipulation,based on the no.of family members.
Is it better to open a canadian bank account,prelanding or postlanding.Will it make any difference.
Your opinion on this,pls.

Thnx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax/Siawo,

Thanks for the reply.
Then,can the best alternative be,to open a canadian bank account and send the funds which you do not intend to carry.
Can the cash funds, which one intends to carry,could be of any amount irrespective of the minimum stipulation,based on the no.of family members.
Is it better to open a canadian bank account,prelanding or postlanding.Will it make any difference.
Your opinion on this,pls.

Thnx
1. U 'must' carry, at least, the minimum amount as required by CIC, w.r.t. your No. of family members.
2. The choice of format -Draft, TC, Cash etc. remains as u desire.
3. Opening the bank a/c from homeland requires min 3 weeks [good option, if u have the time].
4. U can do it while at Canada as well, makes no much difference.

bee2canada

Mar 16, 2010
Hi all. I would appreciate if you can shed a little answer to my queries: I filed my Application December of 2007. I applied with a common law partner. The last letter I received from CHC London is asking if I want to withdraw my application, after that I did not hear anything from them. I checked the status of my application in e-cas and it shows "in process". here are my questions:

1. Is it really that slow when it comes to processing of applications?
2. How can I check the real status of my application aside from e-cas?
3. I have separated with my common law partner, will it affect my application? Do I need to inform CHC about it and
make some changes? How?
4. I lost all the copies of the documents I sent (application), how will I deal with it? Will it be needed in the future?
5. Can I request CHC to make all the sending of document via DHL or FedEx at my expense?

Thank you all.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi bee2canada,

1. The processing of old cases is real 'slow'. Around 3.5-4 yrs, if everything is alright. Else, it can be delayed longer. The speed also depends on our own case filing clarity, docs supplied & CHC-to-CHC. Presently, Jul-Sep 2007 cases are in their Meds stage in London.

2. Except for e-cas, there is no other way. U can email them though for 'case progress updates'. Besides, u can ask for your CAIPS notes to see what's hapenning in your file. It costs.

3. Yes, inform your CHC asap. It is a requirement that u keep them updated on all personal changes. That too, imdt upon occurrence. If u don't, it's deemed to be 'misrepresantation' & u can be denied.

4. That's bad. It's good to maintain copies of imp docs. U may require to refer to them in the future.

5. Yes, u can ask the CHC to send u a copy of the apps. Visit the CIC website for the procedure. It's free I guess.

All the best !
Qorax

april605

Nov 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi qorax, is it true that the processing time in London Office is slower compared to other visa offices? When I got my 2nd AOR, it is stated there that I will contact them only if I have not received any notice from them after 8 months. That long? :(

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
april605 said:
Hi qorax, is it true that the processing time in London Office is slower compared to other visa offices? When I got my 2nd AOR, it is stated there that I will contact them only if I have not received any notice from them after 8 months. That long? :(
That line is a std notification to all, from every CHC.

D

doubleukhan

Police certificate from Saudi Arabia

Hello guys,

I just received an email from CIC london that they are awaiting for Police certificates for Saudi Arabia for me and my wife, although I have given them an explanation last month that only current residents are issued PCC from Saudi Arabia. I'm presently a resident of Dubai since 2007. I worked in KSA for 5 years.

Is anybody in the same situation ? Can I get some information about how to get police certificate from Saudi Arabian consulate in Dubai. I dont understand why CIC is unable to exempt me from this requirement inspite of my situation similar to many others who worked in Saudi Arabia earlier.
CIC has also updated their website in March 2009, now they say it is possible to obtain PCC for current and past legal residents of Saudi Arabia.

Please help me guys, I do not have a lawyer, I'm communicating directly with CIC london.

sathya103

Nov 17, 2009
Dear Qorax,

When is the next meeting of the group? I had written to Krishan (iniasvn@eim.ae) checking on this but I got no reply.
Kindly let us know when & where the next meeting is scheduled.

Thanks,

Sathya

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sathya103 said:
Dear Qorax,

When is the next meeting of the group? I had written to Krishan (iniasvn @ eim.ae) checking on this but I got no reply.
Kindly let us know when & where the next meeting is scheduled.

Thanks,

Sathya
Hi, as of now I'm not sure too. 'Krishan' is the coordinator, I'll check with him & come back to u.

anjukarl

Jan 3, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2007
Some interesting reading on the status of applications is to be found on the CIC site :

RESEARCH AND STATISTICS -> STATISTICS -> QUARTERLY ADMINISTRATIVE DATA RELEASE

(BTW, why can I not post links here?)

april605

Nov 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax, In the AOR of applicants in Manila visa office, it states 45 days which is shorter than the timeline of London Office. Usually, how long does it take from time of second AOR to medical request?

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Hello every one!

My officemate here in Dubai wants also to apply for PR. Any advise? What agency in Dubai?

Thank you very much

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
A question to Abu Dhabi Residents

My brother wants to apply from Abu Dhabi as well. He wants to use a lawyer. Can any one suggest a good and reputable one?
(is there such a thing ;) )

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
qorax said:
Hi, as of now I'm not sure too. 'Krishan' is the coordinator, I'll check with him & come back to u.
HI Qorax
I have left my current job in Dubai and they r going to cacell my visa. As u know that there is one month time to exit or to obtain new visa. I have already finished my medical first, then finished interview and sent RPRF fees. Now if i get PPR request from CHC london and my dubai visa is cancelled, Can i still apply for UK visa from dubai to go there for stamping visa on passport? I would be very thankful for ur advice.
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ather8888 said:
HI Qorax
I have left my current job in Dubai and they r going to cacell my visa. As u know that there is one month time to exit or to obtain new visa. I have already finished my medical first, then finished interview and sent RPRF fees. Now if i get PPR request from CHC london and my dubai visa is cancelled, Can i still apply for UK visa from dubai to go there for stamping visa on passport? I would be very thankful for ur advice.
Thanks
As u r aware VFS-Global takes about 3 weeks to get the Visa [sometimes more], so if u have left Dubai, how'd u give it a take?

Moreover, u have to provide them your 'passport/s', beisde the bank statements & other things. So how'd u cancell or leave the country. And won't it be cutting-it too fine?

Besides, getting the UK Visa is not a sure shot thing... sometimes u might be denied. Then?

And, if u do not go personally, u'll send your pps to London via DHL. so how do u exit Dubai in those 30 days? Overstay is a dangerous proposition, especially at this stage. Don't u think?

I guess, u already have answers to that... then it should be fine.