02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
lylas said:
thank you :)
dear Ilyas,
better to contact to any Travel Agency, where you can refund/date cahnge/or any alteration is possible. therfore better to contact to any travel agent as long as there is no big difference in the price of the tickts. NEKEOL

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Prav said:
Hello... All friends/seniors in Toronto.!!

Is it worthwhile to bring unlocked iPhone there in terms of cost effectiveness? Is it wise to buy one in Dubai? I guess there are several network plans.

I am just thinking to grab one in Dubai. Pls guide me if I can use it with the cheapest network provider there?

Thanks,
Prav
1. Yes, u can.
2. But remember, the big 5 carriers r pretty expensive (Rogers, Bell, Fido, Koodo & Telus). While WIND & Mobilicity r better for newcomers (cheaper).
3. However, those 2 being AWS carriers do not serve the iPhone. But they do have most other phones including SGS-III, GN, SGN-2, BB etc.
4. It is wise to buy a "Pentaband" phone, b'coz those can be used with any operator in the globe.
5. Unlocked iPhone-5 is cheaper here than Dxb. Besides, if u go with locked plans (3-yrs) with the big-5 -- it costs just $100+the plan costs.

Qorax

jmora

Star Member
Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NA
please I need help if anyone got an experience letter from Sharjah Police for applying for driving license in Canada and was accepted please let me know I would like to have a sample urgently.

Many thanks,

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
jmora said:
please I need help if anyone got an experience letter from Sharjah Police for applying for driving license in Canada and was accepted please let me know I would like to have a sample urgently.

Many thanks,
dear JAMORA
get "lesson bayanat" (license details) in english from Traffic (Police) Department will be sufficient for you. prior to departure also try to get Internationl driving License which will cost around AED 200 only will be helpful in driving immidiatly after landing, while processing driving license. NEKEOL

goodman1248

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all,
how do we know the RPRF is been encashed or not ? in ECAS update or to be check with the Bank ?

I have made draft through ADCB bank UAE..

thanks

nekeol said:
dear JAMORA
get "lesson bayanat" (license details) in english from Traffic (Police) Department will be sufficient for you. prior to departure also try to get Internationl driving License which will cost around AED 200 only will be helpful in driving immidiatly after landing, while processing driving license. NEKEOL

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jmora said:

Many thanks,
1. Many have brought Shj DL LOA & proceeded successfully with their DLs here.
2. Shj LOA is only (I believe it's still) in Arabic.
3. Arabic LOAs must not be translated in UAE as those translations aren't accepted here.
4. U need to get it translated here thru a DriveTest Canada accredited translator (they'd give u the list).
5. With that translated copy u'd get ur wait-time waiver & be permitted to appear for the Direct G Road Test.

Qorax

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Hello Guys

As updated you guys earlier, I got PPR on 31/01/2013, and sent passports to London visa office which were received on 04/02/2013.

Just a new update, on e-case today my status has changed into Decision Made !

Though, I havent received passports back Yet ! Not sure How Long will it take !

Good Luck to all !

Regards

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 oct 2012 DM on 15 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
yes you do needs indian PCC,
PCC required for country of origin, + every country you lived for more than 6 month.
contact BLS you will get ur PCC in 5 working days.

EFK said:
but do I need the indian PCC? I've never lived there...even for a few months..

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
i'm afraid it wont be acceptable. few people used that in past but my consultant advised me to get the BC from muncipality or issuing athority in india. as BC from indian consalate is not acceptable. so better not to waise ur money on that. they will just write based on ur passport ur DOB is ......
EFK said:
Dear all,

I called the Indian Consulate and they advised that instead of getting the legal translation (document will have to be sent back to India), the other option is to get a new BC made from the Indian Consulate in Dubai - this will be in english and absolutely original - they will use passport date to do so...

Is this the same and completely legal? Can I make a BC now after so many years, and will Canada accept that as a true document?

Please advise...

thanks

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
qorax said:
3. Arabic LOAs must not be translated in UAE as those translations aren't accepted here.
4. U need to get it translated here thru a DriveTest Canada accredited translator (they'd give u the list).
5. With that translated copy u'd get ur wait-time waiver & be permitted to appear for the Direct G Road Test.

Qorax
Dear Captain

Please clarify DL LOA has any validy or not ?

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rawat anil said:
i'm afraid it wont be acceptable. few people used that in past but my consultant advised me to get the BC from muncipality or issuing athority in india. as BC from indian consalate is not acceptable. so better not to waise ur money on that. they will just write based on ur passport ur DOB is ......

hmm..thanks...would need to see what can be done, because there is noway I can go back to India ...
Is there any reliable consultant you have found? Am looking for someone to help, but many here are saying to do it on your own + the consultants I've met so far do not really seem truthworthy...

saad0411

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax,
Need your advice, actually we are planing to complete landing formality in Toronto during May 2013 but our stay there is less than 30 days and we'll settle permanently next year In Shaa ALLAH.

1. Should we both arrnage to apply for DL?
2. Would it be possible for us to appear for the Direct G Road Test with 30 days? or should we wait and apply on our permanent settlement?

Regards,
Saad

qorax said:

Qorax

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
jmora said:

Many thanks,

Yeah i hv got the letter fm shj traffic dept.

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
i have applied through premier, there service was not great, they just work as a courier service. and very few real consultation. although i received my visa already and right now in canada.
if you cant go to india ask some of ur relative to arrange BC for you. or there is few people who do these work like Allied legal, and your man in india. they will be expensive and i never used there services just heard from somepeople that they do these services.

EFK said:
hmm..thanks...would need to see what can be done, because there is noway I can go back to India ...
Is there any reliable consultant you have found? Am looking for someone to help, but many here are saying to do it on your own + the consultants I've met so far do not really seem truthworthy...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
saad0411 said:
Hi Qorax,
Need your advice, actually we are planing to complete landing formality in Toronto during May 2013 but our stay there is less than 30 days and we'll settle permanently next year In Shaa ALLAH.

1. Should we both arrnage to apply for DL?
2. Would it be possible for us to appear for the Direct G Road Test with 30 days? or should we wait and apply on our permanent settlement?

Regards,
Saad
1. U can... however u wouldn't need the DL till u settle down here -- thus u could apply for it later as well.
2. Yes, possible. However it all depends on the appointment availability vs. the D/Test centre u r looking for. Nonetheless, usually one could complete the process in 30-days... we all took just a week to get our DLs here. The D/Instructor helped in acquiring the dates (early vs. choice centres).

Qorax