App. Filed.......
December 2009
Med's Done....
12-oct-2012
Passport Req..
september 2013
HANY2012 said:
Dear Qorex,

i reicved my medical along with PC ,RPRF and they request three form (new application form ,addtional familyinfromation,background form)

my question is why they request those form ?since they do not ask every one about them?

thanks

hany
Asked me same docs

meanne

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
July 2013
bestpal said:
Hi friends,

By the grace of Almighty, excited to share the fantastic news that yesterday (1st Dec) we recd our PPs back from London VO, exactly after 26 days on a Saturday from ARAMEX (the only difference being that I chose to personally go n collect instead of them delivering on Monday, as today is the UAE National Day holiday, here)! ARAMEX charged only 30 Dirhams for the shipment! :)

Also, glad to inform that we will be visiting YYZ on Jan 17-25 for the landing formalities! 8)

THANKS very much to Captain Qorax Sahib for his valuable guidance and all friends for your good wishes n prayers!

Sincerely pray that God fulfills your wishes and soon makes your dreams come true! :-*

Cheers!

Best Wishes!
Bestpal
Congrats!

SusanGeorge

Dec 2, 2012
What are the common mistakes newcomers commit and how can they be avoided?

1. Coming to a new country expecting to start from where you let off at your home country or even higher using that experience. This can be avoided by setting realistic expectations, market study and networking with industry professionals before coming here.

2. Creating ethnic silos.- If we are to move around in broods, the best place is our our country. It is important to embrace the new culture, however challenging that might seem. Celebrate local festivals, learn the language and keep your beliefs to your home and heart (hearth?). This is often tough when one is from a country steeped in history a defined religious culture. Also, this does not mean giving up ones own cultural roots or faith. It just means respect and embrace what your new country offers you.

3. Expecting their credentials from the home country to be valued- This is a tricky one, and is easily answered by asking oneself the question ' Would I value something I know nothing about, over something that I have tried and tested for years?' The answer is no. No employer has it as his mission to discount your credentials. He just doesn't understand what value it could bring to the table ! Help him by getting your credentials assessed by a local body or prove your mettle by undertaking local qualifying exams.

4. Coming unprepared and taking up un-related survival jobs too soon- This could be the toughest. But do come prepared and choose your first job with care. Working in a call center for six months and hoping to use that as experience to qualify for a university instructor isn't a good idea. Do try to volunteer or take on jobs even if it is at a lower level in your chosen space of work. You will gain precious 'relevant experience'

5. Expecting others to do your job- This is very common.. NO agency, friend , connection or 'relative' you may have in your chosen country can do your work for you. Go out there, roll up your sleeves and ensure you do your share of the work. You will find others a lot more supportive then. Self help is the best help. Avoid asking people to get you a job or provide you advice UNLESS you have done enough research on your own and can prove it. No- one owes you anything. It is tough, but with focus and determination it all falls in place sooner than later.

6. Not utilize available support- This is an expensive mistake. Do your research and you will find a lot of support offered by government funded organizations at little or no cost. Do remember they will work with you and not for you. It also pays to know services offered to new comers and within what time frame.

7.Getting into a negative pattern -This is a trap and one that's easy to fall into , it is important to find time with the family and find time to pursue simple pleasures. It could just be walk in the neighborhood or sipping coffee listening to bird song. It is therapeutic and one would need the positivity to meet the challenges of relocation. People need to see you as positive and energetic to want to associate with you personally or professionally.

8. Losing focus and applying for various jobs- This can be confusing.Being focused yet being aware of transferable skills that can work in related disciplines is important.

9.Being overly suspicious or trusting- It pays to let relationships grow and take root over some time. Always helps being observant and being a good listener. Rash decisions and misplaced trust can be difficult to reverse

10. Thinking too much about the past or the future- Yes, it is tough to sever the good times gone by.. but do remember you came here in the hope for something better. Let go. Similarly,Rome wasn't built in a day and tomorrow never comes. Missing the past and worrying about the future, takes away from the present.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bestpal said:
Hi friends,

By the grace of Almighty, excited to share the fantastic news that yesterday (1st Dec) we recd our PPs back from London VO, exactly after 26 days on a Saturday from ARAMEX (the only difference being that I chose to personally go n collect instead of them delivering on Monday, as today is the UAE National Day holiday, here)! ARAMEX charged only 30 Dirhams for the shipment! :)

Also, glad to inform that we will be visiting YYZ on Jan 17-25 for the landing formalities! 8)

THANKS very much to Captain Qorax Sahib for his valuable guidance and all friends for your good wishes n prayers!

Sincerely pray that God fulfills your wishes and soon makes your dreams come true! :-*

Cheers!

Best Wishes!
Bestpal
Congrats Bestpal !

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestpal said:
Hi friends,

Cheers!

Best Wishes!
Bestpal

Congrats....

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Congratulations Bestpal,
I am so happy for you.

denDbest

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-12-2011
Med's Request
06-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-11-2012 sent 14-11-2012, received 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012 received 13-12-2012
LANDED..........
09-May-2013
bestpal said:
Hi friends,

Cheers!

Best Wishes!
Bestpal
corngrats bestpal... I am happy to hear after 26 days you received already your passports back....to share mine... its been 18 days now since they received our passports..How i wish to receive it before 26 days..hehe :D
your post trully gives me hope...thank you and goodluck! God Bless ;)

dhusseini

Sep 2, 2011
bestpal said:
Hi friends,

Cheers!

Best Wishes!
Bestpal
Congratulations Bestpal!

With God's grace we received our passports on the same day too, Saturday Dec 1st :) Also, AED 30 in delivery fees.

Aramex did not even call ahead in our case, they just showed up at our doorstep. Good thing we hadn't left the house yet for the weekend!

We're planning to go to Toronto from Jan 12 to 24 for a short landing. Maybe we can see you there.

Our passports came back in 24 days! Good luck to all those waiting for their passports.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dhusseini said:
Congratulations Bestpal!

With God's grace we received our passports on the same day too, Saturday Dec 1st :) Also, AED 30 in delivery fees.

Aramex did not even call ahead in our case, they just showed up at our doorstep. Good thing we hadn't left the house yet for the weekend!

We're planning to go to Toronto from Jan 12 to 24 for a short landing. Maybe we can see you there.

Our passports came back in 24 days! Good luck to all those waiting for their passports.
Congrats 2 u 2 !

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestpal said:
Hi friends,

Cheers!

Best Wishes!
Bestpal
Congrats Jee. Hun tiyari pakro landing di :)

April 20

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 2011
File Transfer...
Jan. 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
Sep. 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 2012
LANDED..........
July 2013 - Thanks To Jesus
Dear All,

I am a Silent member, reading the Forum for more than 2 years

Reading this forum on a daily basis was really a very very useful tool for me. It was an excellent guide, so, in return, I would like to share the summary of my case for the benefit of all, and ready for any question:

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......: Aug. 2011
PER Received.: Nov. 2011
Start Proccessing: Jan. 2012
Med's Request: July 2012
Med's Done....: Sep. 2012
Passport Req..: October 2012
VISA ISSUED...: 1 December 2012
LANDED..........: July 2013

Thanks to Jesus

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
qorax said:
Congrats Bestpal !
Dear Qorax Sir, Shirin77, Meanne, Glairnez, 111, Dendbest, Dhusseini, eemmoo1, and others,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Your wishes and prayers mean a lot to me, and that is a major factor in our SUCCESS! GOD Bless You All! :D

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
@Dhusseini,
Congrats to you too!

It is a wonderful feeling! All the anxieties and hopes have found it's ultimate and fruitful conclusion, thanks to God! May God fulfill wishes of our friends and well-wishers! :D

Yes, most probably, we might see u in Toronto

Cheers!

Bestpal

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
bestpal said:
Hi friends,

Cheers!

Best Wishes!
Bestpal
Mabrook Bestpal....!!!

Cheers..

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
congrates bestpal.....

Need to have a blast yaar.......
bestpal said:
Hi friends,

Cheers!

Best Wishes!
Bestpal