Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
humsafar said:
Dear Datta Sahab,

Thank you very much for your company at MCC.
It was really a pleasant experience once again meeting you and spending time in your great company with lot of knowledge to share.

I really appreciate your advice and views

Hope to meet you in Canada soon.

(BTW, If you cant link the face with the Nick name, I am the one with The Cow boy Hat)
Uh, I can... we walked till Swiss Arabian didn't we?
It was a pleasure meeting u too my friend. Hope to c u here around early next yr.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Canada_4Ever said:
thank you all of you who responded in regards to making a bank draft, I think better to go to a bank instead of money exchanges !

CHEERS 8)
FOREX Houses will (usually) offer u better rates.
The going rate was 3.755 while I got mine this time (24/11/2012) -- and UAE Exchange, Rolla-Shj offerred me 3.72 (courtesy Biju's contacts... I could share the details if someone wants it).

Qorax

Canada_4Ever

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sharjah,United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
waived-Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
19-12-2012 Alhumdulillah PP sent on 25th Dec.
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon when Allah willing.....
qorax said:
FOREX Houses will (usually) offer u better rates.
The going rate was 3.755 while I got mine this time (24/11/2012) -- and UAE Exchange, Rolla-Shj offerred me 3.72 (courtesy Biju's contacts... I could share the details if someone wants it).

Qorax
Hi Qorex brother

I need to make a Draft in 3/4 days, please advice me which is better in term of fast, and rate vise..
Lastly, where do i send my RPRF to CHC London or Nova Scotia ?

thanks

pithuda

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
10-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012 & 10-06-2014 (Remedical)
Interview........
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-06-2014 (PPR1), 27-06-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
26th July 2014
Canada_4Ever said:
Hi Qorex brother

I need to make a Draft in 3/4 days, please advice me which is better in term of fast, and rate vise..
Lastly, where do i send my RPRF to CHC London or Nova Scotia ?

thanks
Not sure about exchange houses but I had my account in Emirates NBD and i just went to branch and they made the draft in 30 minutes.

denDbest

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-12-2011
Med's Request
06-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-11-2012 sent 14-11-2012, received 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012 received 13-12-2012
LANDED..........
09-May-2013
Hello Guyz,.. Im happy to see this thread those who lives in dubai,..
I also live in Dubai...

I have a question...

If your status in Ecas change to Decision Made after passport request, does it mean that your passport was already stamped with visa...?

How long it will take to for them to return our passport?

Are they going to send it by the same courier i used for sending?

I hope someone can help and answer me..thank you and God Bless us all..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Canada_4Ever said:
Hi Qorex brother

1)I need to make a Draft in 3/4 days, please advice me which is better in term of fast, and rate vise..
2)Lastly, where do i send my RPRF to CHC London or Nova Scotia ?

thanks
1. Al Fardan or UAE Exchange could give u better rates (than the banks).
2. The RPRF draft goes to ur VO (CHC-London in ur case).

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
denDbest said:
Hello Guyz,.. Im happy to see this thread those who lives in dubai,..
I also live in Dubai...

I have a question...

1)If your status in Ecas change to Decision Made after passport request, does it mean that your passport was already stamped with visa...?

2)How long it will take to for them to return our passport?

3)Are they going to send it by the same courier i used for sending?

I hope someone can help and answer me..thank you and God Bless us all..
Hi,

Welcome aboard !

1. Usually - YES.
2. Usually 3-4 weeks.
3. The pps return via their 'diplomatic bag', every alternate week, thru CHC-Adh. Thereafter, it reaches u via Aramex. Payment F.O.R.

Qorax

CANVINCHENG

Dec 15, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Doc's Request.
Filed with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2011 with PER
IELTS Request
Filed with App
File Transfer...
ECAS Status: DECISION MADE w/ Canadian Address
Med's Request
12-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013
Hi Mr. Qorax,

Me and my wife will be landing on January of next year and plan to stay there only for 2 weeks. I have some few questions, I hope you guys could help me out.

1. Regarding the goods that we bring, I know that we should be declaring those both that are to be brought during the landing and the ones that are to follow. I plan to buy some jewelry before I leave UAE for good (which is on November next year), is it possible to declare it prospectiveky, if yes, how. I mean, the photos and all.

2. I know january will be one of the coldest month, we plan to buy few winter clothes from here in UAE is it advisable to buy from here or is it cheaper if we buy in Canada? I mean, we can buy a few sets here then buy the others there if its cheaper (sorry but Im just being frugal! )

3. Regarding the POF, I am having a citibank account do i need to convert it to a dollar account or its alright to keep it in UAE dirhams and just ask for a bank statement indicating its equivalence in Canadian Dollars? Furthermore, is a bank statement a good form of POF, of course Ill be carrying some cash. I mean should I rely on bank statement or better to bring a demand draft instead?

4. I have been invited to attend a CIIP seminar, what's it all about? (sorry for the ignorance) Will I benefit from it? should we go and attend? Is it compusary.

Im sorry for flooding you with questions some maybe silly but will really appreciate it if you'll give me your feedbacks.

Thanks in advance!

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANVINCHENG said:
Hi Mr. Qorax,

Me and my wife will be landing on January of next year and plan to stay there only for 2 weeks. I have some few questions, I hope you guys could help me out.

1. Regarding the goods that we bring, I know that we should be declaring those both that are to be brought during the landing and the ones that are to follow. I plan to buy some jewelry before I leave UAE for good (which is on November next year), is it possible to declare it prospectiveky, if yes, how. I mean, the photos and all.

2. I know january will be one of the coldest month, we plan to buy few winter clothes from here in UAE is it advisable to buy from here or is it cheaper if we buy in Canada? I mean, we can buy a few sets here then buy the others there if its cheaper (sorry but Im just being frugal! )

3. Regarding the POF, I am having a citibank account do i need to convert it to a dollar account or its alright to keep it in UAE dirhams and just ask for a bank statement indicating its equivalence in Canadian Dollars? Furthermore, is a bank statement a good form of POF, of course Ill be carrying some cash. I mean should I rely on bank statement or better to bring a demand draft instead?

4. I have been invited to attend a CIIP seminar, what's it all about? (sorry for the ignorance) Will I benefit from it? should we go and attend? Is it compusary.

Im sorry for flooding you with questions some maybe silly but will really appreciate it if you'll give me your feedbacks.

Thanks in advance!
1. As per law all items which you want to import duty free should have been in your pocession for six months. For declaring jewelery you will need photos accordingly, there are short cuts but they are illegal as per canadian law ...., probabaly other members would comment but i would refrain for providing advice which is illegal.
2.depends, if you are brnd concious person whjo likes to buy and flaunt brands .., then buy from uae, if you are not above kind then you can go to any wallmart/sears once you lamd and buy decent clothes, (I was the former kind and brough all my winter clothing from dubai)
3.POF is acceptable in three forms, bank statement of any canadian bank, Demand draft in CAD, cash in hand, ideal should be mix of three, but any one will also do,
4.CIIP is not compulsory, i have done this before i came here and my experiance is that it is completely useless,it is just a setup for some people to keep thier well paid government jobs, but this is my opinion, no harm in attending through as it is free
Best of luck

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Hi Shaks

Go to the doctor who did your medicals, and he or she will stamp it for you. Just take all your records to the doctor.

Best
Ali

Shaks said:
Hi All,

Planning to land on 12/12/12
Does anyone know from where to get the vaccination forms for kids to be get stamped in Dubai?
My kids vaccinations are all done in Sharjah by govt. hospital and i have a book for each kid filled with each vaccine record.

Regards,

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Bro Qorax,

kindly advise me, I just received new passport from my embassy and medical received has been added on ecas status, is it ok to send passport update to VO through email or by courier?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Glair

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
glairlinez said:
Dear Bro Qorax,

kindly advise me, I just received new passport from my embassy and medical received has been added on ecas status, is it ok to send passport update to VO through email or by courier?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Glair
It's better to send it's copy electronically to ur IO asap.

dhusseini

Sep 2, 2011
CANVINCHENG said:
Hi Mr. Qorax,

Thanks in advance!
1. As abhihappy mentioned, the items you want to bring to Canada duty-free must be in your possession and be declared in your goods to follow list. Whatever is not listed in your original B4 will not be eligible for duty-free importation later on.

2. The most important thing in Canada is to dress in layers. It is very cold outside, but indoor areas are very well-heated, and you'll find you'll want to shed those layers. Having a good winter coat (and gloves) for outdoors is important. Of course where you're landing matters (severity of winter weather varies).

In general, you can find much better deals for winter coats/clothing in Canada than Dubai. You can get great prices at Walmart. The Bay, which is another department store has good deals (and brands also). If you'll be in Toronto you can check Winners (downtown - Yonge Street). It's a discount store with good deals.

3. You will have to have your settlement funds with you upon landing. Your UAE bank account is not considered acceptable proof of funds. abhihappy mentioned acceptable forms.

4. Attending the CIIP seminar is not compulsory. The CIIP is a free pre-departure orientation program for Federal Skilled Workers, Provincial Nominees, and spouses in their final immigration stages. It is funded by the Canadian government. It aims to give you information on how to achieve economic success in Canada (job prospects, credential assessment, licensure, job search, etc.). They also provide planning and online support, and connect you to their partners in Canada.

We attended it, and found it very useful. It's a one-day seminar, and they'll also schedule a personalized planning session for you. Based on your profession/professional interests and where you want to settle (which provinces), you'll receive information on online resources, and introductions to settlement organizations, bridging programs, and mentoring organizations. You'll get email introductions to individuals in partner organizations in Canada (colleges, settlement organizations, job search networks, and professional licensing bodies).

So essentially, we found it to be a great way to focus our job search and get a head start on things before landing, connect with people, and get your questions answered. It's up to you to make the most of the information, and the networking opportunities. We found it to be an excellent resource.

Good luck!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dhusseini said:
In general, you can find much better deals for winter coats/clothing in Canada than Dubai. You can get great prices at Walmart. The Bay, which is another department store has good deals (and brands also). If you'll be in Toronto you can check Winners (downtown - Yonge Street). It's a discount store with good deals.
Good Winter Clothing from Dubai?

May I suggest -- Lulu, Al Barsha (Not Lulu, Al Qusais). We do all our winter shopping there. Clothings fit for North American winters start arriving there during Nov/Dec every year... and we found them nice, well-priced, good for here, always.

Bay, Winners, Sears etc. r expensive. Unless the $$$ doesn't matter it'd be wise to shop at the various 'Outlet Malls/Stores' instead. Eg. Dixie Outlet Mall-Mississauga, Sears Outlet Store (various locations) and the like/s.

Qorax