IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
My RPRF and PCC are received on 30/08/2012 by LVO, the receiving person is IAN. does any one else has his Docs received by Same person ?

Yet to hear any news about medical tracking number from DMP, medical were done on 25th 08.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Mr.Engineer said:
Keeping your permanent resident status
Your permanent resident status allows you to live in Canada, but there is also a time limit on how long you can live outside the country. To keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period.
For further information on residency obligations, please see Appendix A of Applying for a Permanent Resident Card.
Losing your permanent resident status
There are several ways you could lose your permanent resident status:
• A permanent resident who does not meet their residency obligations could lose permanent resident status.
• If convicted of a serious crime, a permanent resident may be deported from Canada.
When you become a Canadian citizen, you are no longer a permanent resident.
The Permanent Resident Card
If you intend to travel, the Permanent Resident Card is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada.
This wallet-sized plastic card is used by permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus).
If you leave the country, you are expected to have this card when returning to Canada. If you do not plan to leave the country, you do not need the card.

Becoming a Canadian citizen: Who can apply
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must meet the requirements in all of the following areas:
• Time lived in Canada
• Language abilities
• Criminal history (prohibitions)
• Knowledge of Canada
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for Canadian citizenship.
To apply for citizenship for a child under 18, make sure the following conditions are met:
• the person applying is the child's parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian
• the child is a permanent resident, but does not need to have lived in Canada for three years; and
• one parent is already a Canadian citizen or is applying to become a citizen at the same time. This also applies to adoptive parents.
Permanent resident status
To become a Canadian citizen, you must have permanent resident status in Canada, and that status must not be in doubt. This means you must not be the subject of an immigration investigation, an immigration inquiry or a removal order (an order from Canadian officials to leave Canada).
Time lived in Canada
To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children under the age of 18 do not need to meet this requirement.
You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if that time falls within the four-year period.
Use the citizenship calculator to find out if you have lived in Canada long enough to apply for citizenship.
Language abilities
Canada has two official languages—English and French. You need to have adequate knowledge of one of these two languages in order to become a Canadian citizen.
The citizenship knowledge test and your interaction withCIC staff will be used to assess if you have an adequate ability to communicate in either English or French. CICstaff will observe
• your ability to understand basic spoken statements and questions, and
• your ability to communicate basic information or respond to questions.
For example, as part of your interaction with departmental staff or as part of your written test or your interview with a citizenship judge, you will be expected to:
• answer simple questions on familiar topics, using short sentences;
• show that you know enough words for basic everyday communication;
• tell a simple story about everyday activities;
• speak about something you did in the past (or will do in the future);
• give simple everyday instructions and directions; and
• express satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
Criminal history (prohibitions)
You cannot become a citizen if you:
• have been convicted of an indictable (criminal) offence or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the three years before you applied;
• are currently charged with an indictable offence or an offence under the Citizenship Act;
• are in prison, on parole or on probation;
• are under a removal order (have been ordered by Canadian officials to leave Canada);
• are under investigation for, are charged with, or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity; or
• you have had your Canadian citizenship taken away in the past five years.
If you are on probation or are charged with an offence and are awaiting trial, you should wait until after the probation has ended or the trial is over to apply for citizenship.
If you have spent time on probation, on parole or in prison in the last four years, you may not meet the residence requirement for citizenship.
Time in prison or on parole does not count as residence in Canada. Time on probation also does not count as residence in Canada if you were convicted of an offence. If you have spent time on probation from a conditional discharge, it may be counted toward residence. For details, contact the Call Centre.
Knowledge of Canada
To become a citizen, you must understand the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, such as the right and responsibility to vote in elections. You must also have an understanding of Canada's history, values, institutions and symbols.
The information you need to know is in our free study guide Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship. We will send you a copy of it once we have received your application. The questions in the citizenship test are based on the information in this guide.
Great post, Sir! +1

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
MIK77 said:
Hi Lovie,
You're right, a s I've also always received a call before they arrived, and there have been times when I've diverted a delivery originally scheduled for home address to my office.
Let's wait n' see! :'(
hopefully next week , you will get good news :)

Cheers

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
humsafar said:
My RPRF and PCC are received on 30/08/2012 by LVO, the receiving person is IAN. does any one else has his Docs received by Same person ?

Yet to hear any news about medical tracking number from DMP, medical were done on 25th 08.
mine were received by Ian too !!!

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
Does any one receive their original docs with the RPRF and Medical Forms ?, if yes that do we get back the experience and reference letters as well or only the birth certificate, transcripts etc..???

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
humsafar said:
Does any one receive their original docs with the RPRF and Medical Forms ?, if yes that do we get back the experience and reference letters as well or only the birth certificate, transcripts etc..???
i got my original back with my refusal letter but they did not sent me back my experience letter and PCC

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Hi All

Just wondering if someone has recently received their PR cards and mailed/couriered them out of Canada to Dubai. Ours have come to our friend's address and we are wondering what is the safest way to get them across to us in Dubai.

I was just thinking about the irony of the situation - I can fly down to collect them but I need the PR card to get in to Canada :D

Any help will be appreciated

er2d2g

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
er2d2g said:
Hi All

Just wondering if someone has recently received their PR cards and mailed/couriered them out of Canada to Dubai. Ours have come to our friend's address and we are wondering what is the safest way to get them across to us in Dubai.

I was just thinking about the irony of the situation - I can fly down to collect them but I need the PR card to get in to Canada :D

er2d2g
You can ask your friend to courier it to them, i recently send pr card for my close friend using fedex. It is expensive though, appx 80 to 100 cad

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
abhihappy said:
You can ask your friend to courier it to them, i recently send pr card for my close friend using fedex. It is expensive though, appx 80 to 100 cad
Thanx for the info - Is Fedex the most reliable way to send them ? and will there be any issue in customs ?

I'm getting conflicting opinions on whether this is the legal thing to do. My friend who has the cards is convinced beyond doubt that its illegal.

The CIC site says they do not send PR cards outside Canada but don't really say whether its illegal or not

One of my friend's friend actually flew to the US and crossed over from Niagara using his PP (Indian same as mine) and his COPR to collect his PR cards from his friend and said that;s the easiest way to not get into any trouble

So again can you clarify this for me ?

Thanx

er2d2g

Arta90

Nov 24, 2011
Dear Freinds

would you plz advise if we can request to issue the PCC of UAE in english or they will issue it in Arabic and we have to translate it?

Also by your experience, How long it takes time to receive a letter from London ?

regards

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
Arta90 said:
Dear Freinds

would you plz advise if we can request to issue the PCC of UAE in english or they will issue it in Arabic and we have to translate it?

Also by your experience, How long it takes time to receive a letter from London ?

regards
If u r applying for PCC in Dubai, then the it will be issued in English

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
humsafar said:
If u r applying for PCC in Dubai, then the it will be issued in English
The same in case of Abu Dhabi

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
Just wanted to check your medical are received by who (i mean name of person) in London, mine are just received yesterday by "mpetsi"

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
er2d2g said:
Hi All

er2d2g
Hi er2d2g,

This Forum is meant to help out each other and this is a 2 way traffic contrary to many mistaken people's belief that it is just take and take and then forget (dump). :mad:

Many of our members regularly go on their landing formality trip and return in few days. Get hold of one and you can have it through any one who is kind enough to oblige. I will advise all members to return the gratitude to some one else in the loop. Nevertheless it is not binding on anyone, but morally speaking we ought to repay in some form or the other, and what better way than such simple but crucial tasks!

Rest assured, when I visit Canada for landing, I will bring as many PR Cards as possible on my return, and that too --gladly! 8) After all, that (PR Card) is the crux of years of yearning and pious praying! :D

Come on guys, anyone planning to take the gauntlet? ::)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

PS : PM Me if you don't find one here for then I will introduce you to someone from Dubai flying on 13th Sept and returning 26th Sept .

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
er2d2g said:
Thanx for the info - Is Fedex the most reliable way to send them ? and will there be any issue in customs ?

I'm getting conflicting opinions on whether this is the legal thing to do. My friend who has the cards is convinced beyond doubt that its illegal.

The CIC site says they do not send PR cards outside Canada but don't really say whether its illegal or not

One of my friend's friend actually flew to the US and crossed over from Niagara using his PP (Indian same as mine) and his COPR to collect his PR cards from his friend and said that;s the easiest way to not get into any trouble

So again can you clarify this for me ?

Thanx

er2d2g
Like i said before i have send pr card back to india two weeks back using fedex, it took 2 days to deliver. Along with pr card there were some other documents as well. There was no problem for me, i am not sure whether it is legal or illegal , as far as i know , pp cannot be sent via courier, unless being sent to embassy or counsalate.