Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sept 2010
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2011
Med's Request
14 May 2012
Med's Done....
2 June 2012 | Delivered: 7 June 2012 | 'Meds Received' line added to ECAS on 10 Aug 2012
Passport Req..
14 August 2012 | Delivered: 16 August 2012 | ECAS "Decision Made": 19 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 Sept 2012 | PPs received: 18 Sept 2012
LANDED..........
31 October 2012
amaniziad said:
hi there , NO , i didnt receive any calls , i just found the Aramex Guy asking the security abt my name , and he came to my office ....
also the strange thing , that one day before , at midnight i checked my ststus online , found it " IN PROCESS " then morning at 09.00am the aramex guy was at my door step .... SURPRISE

hope to get yours soon , it took 19 days

good luck
Thanks for your quick feedback AmaniZiad! And, CONGRATS on getting your passports back. I am sure must be very busy getting the tickets and rest of logistics sorted quickly, with less than two weeks left before your visa expiry! Good luck and best wishes for a smooth landing and successful life ahead!

So you gave your office address for the delivery of your passports? I have provided my home address where my spouse will receive the pack. What sort of name security did he ask for? I can leave my Emirates ID at home for ID purposes, if that's required. So, I hope I am not being overly optimistic hoping for my PPs to return next week. ::)

sasimaskari

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Doha, Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
19-07-2010
AOR Received.
12-04-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with documents
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
08-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 14-05-14 & PPR2 24-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-08-2014
PA5510N said:
please share your timeline
Dear PA5510N,

My case is also exactly the same as wynterbabe. I also received the letter with the same wordings. My timelines are as follows and I hope they are close to wynterbabe:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 13, 2010.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 19, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the London England office on July 28, 2010. The London England office may contact you.
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 12, 2012.

Hope you can assist us.

Thanks & regards,

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
So you got in in 49th day and I just completed 50 today.So I think I can wait for a week more before I call.There was a small mark in 2 of my kids photo and so the CBSA officer took the photo with their camera and also we gave him separately extra I had with me.Thanks.

abhihappy said:
hi i landed on 27 jun at vancouver, got my pr card on 15 aug. but i was pretty sure my photo were correct as i took extra precaution, if you are unsure about your photos you could call cic on toll free number and check the status, best of luck

Jenner

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2009
Doc's Request.
03-06-2009
File Transfer...
19-9-2009
Med's Request
16-02-2012
Med's Done....
March/April 2012
Interview........
October 2010
Passport Req..
Rcvd thru e-mail on 14-08-2012, DM on 26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012 received 27-09-2012
amaniziad said:
hi there , NO , i didnt receive any calls , i just found the Aramex Guy asking the security abt my name , and he came to my office ....
also the strange thing , that one day before , at midnight i checked my ststus online , found it " IN PROCESS " then morning at 09.00am the aramex guy was at my door step .... SURPRISE

hope to get yours soon , it took 19 days

good luck
Congratulations Amaniziad!! Whew 19 days was very fast eih?!?

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MIK77 said:
Two weeks have passed by since LVO received our PPs and hoping for their return next week, if not today! :-X
Question to those who received their PPs recently: did you receive a call from Aramex before they delivered your PPs or would they come to your given address directly?
I'm normally busy in management meetings and tend to return calls that i've missed through the day. Obviously, this is one call that I don't want to miss!
alternatively you can call aramex and check with them if they have package for you, they will use your mobile number and trace it for you..

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
@ ammartaahir, amaniziad, irfan777, charm28 and many others,

C O N G R A T S !

For receiving back your much awaited PPs with the often dreamt and highly coveted ‘Maple Leaf' and Best Wishes to all those still waiting.
Have patience, dear, for if God has removed all hurdles so far, so will HE annihilate the few left; then why get anxious? :D

@ MIK77 and others,

RELAX! Reality of your dreams is much nearer than you think! :) 8)

CHEERS! :)

Bestpal

MIK77

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sept 2010
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2011
Med's Request
14 May 2012
Med's Done....
2 June 2012 | Delivered: 7 June 2012 | 'Meds Received' line added to ECAS on 10 Aug 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31 October 2012
abhihappy said:
alternatively you can call aramex and check with them if they have package for you, they will use your mobile number and trace it for you..
Thank you Abhi! Yes, I did that on 28th and there was nothing... it is end of the week today (6:20 UAE time), so probably nothing before Sunday, I'm afraid :(

Hopefully will have an update to share next week!

MIK77

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sept 2010
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2011
Med's Request
14 May 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31 October 2012
bestpal said:

C O N G R A T S !

For receiving back your much awaited PPs with the often dreamt and highly coveted ‘Maple Leaf' and Best Wishes to all those still waiting.
Have patience, dear, for if God has removed all hurdles so far, so will HE annihilate the few left; then why get anxious? :D

@ MIK77 and others,

Bestpal
Cheers Bestpal! Thanks for making us feel better!

Best of luck to all.

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
sasimaskari said:
Dear PA5510N,

My case is also exactly the same as wynterbabe. I also received the letter with the same wordings. My timelines are as follows and I hope they are close to wynterbabe:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 13, 2010.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 19, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the London England office on July 28, 2010. The London England office may contact you.
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 12, 2012.

Hope you can assist us.

Thanks & regards,
dear did you get the same letter stated 6 to 12 wait for further processing ?

if yes most of the forum member received that letter and some of them ordered CAIPS

and come to know that their medical request has been printed and placed on file

you can also join the below link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thoz-who-got-612-months-wait-letter-t103103.0.html

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
MIK77 said:
Thanks for your quick feedback AmaniZiad! And, CONGRATS on getting your passports back. I am sure must be very busy getting the tickets and rest of logistics sorted quickly, with less than two weeks left before your visa expiry! Good luck and best wishes for a smooth landing and successful life ahead!

So you gave your office address for the delivery of your passports? I have provided my home address where my spouse will receive the pack. What sort of name security did he ask for? I can leave my Emirates ID at home for ID purposes, if that's required. So, I hope I am not being overly optimistic hoping for my PPs to return next week. ::)
Hey MIK77

Normally they always call before to inform what time they will pass by to give you the passports . Its unusual for them to come directly , I normally receive many couriers from abroad and within UAE. I have always received a call first , including the time when i got my passport. Even if you don't keep your emirates ID , it will not be a problem, they will hand over to you . This is my experience in my case and other people that I know who have received passports via courier.
And yes, you can give your office or home address, whatever you prefer.

vinodkumar

Jun 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
PER 13-DEC-2011
Med's Request
17-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
29-JAN-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-FEB-2013
LANDED..........
23-SEPT 2013
Today I got a reply to my CSE which was sent on 22 Aug. It says like this..

Dear Sir/Madam,

From reviewing your file I can see that we have sent a letter to you on 17/08/2012 regarding the next step and more information that is required. Please be patient and allow time for the mail to arrive, or contact your local post office.

Regards,
CSU (AJM)

How many days does it take usually for a document sent from LVO to reach Dubai. I am eagerly waiting for it. I think it should be MR! God knows better....

MIK77

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sept 2010
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2011
Med's Request
14 May 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31 October 2012
lovie said:
Hey MIK77

Normally they always call before to inform what time they will pass by to give you the passports . Its unusual for them to come directly , I normally receive many couriers from abroad and within UAE. I have always received a call first , including the time when i got my passport. Even if you don't keep your emirates ID , it will not be a problem, they will hand over to you . This is my experience in my case and other people that I know who have received passports via courier.
And yes, you can give your office or home address, whatever you prefer.
Hi Lovie,
You're right, a s I've also always received a call before they arrived, and there have been times when I've diverted a delivery originally scheduled for home address to my office.
Let's wait n' see! :'(

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
shirin77 said:
mabroooooooooooooooookk
Rawat anil said:
congratulation
glairlinez said:
Congrats...
mmiq said:
congratulation
bestpal said:

C O N G R A T S !

@ MIK77 and others,

Bestpal

Thanks a bunch brothers. I wish you all the best :)

Thanks and Regards,

ammaartahir

Mr.Engineer

VIP Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2014 [color=red]ye sab tera karam hai ALLAH verna meri itni aukaat na thi[/color]
LANDED..........
landed jan 2015 MashaAllah
Keeping your permanent resident status
Your permanent resident status allows you to live in Canada, but there is also a time limit on how long you can live outside the country. To keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period.
For further information on residency obligations, please see Appendix A of Applying for a Permanent Resident Card.
Losing your permanent resident status
There are several ways you could lose your permanent resident status:
• A permanent resident who does not meet their residency obligations could lose permanent resident status.
• If convicted of a serious crime, a permanent resident may be deported from Canada.
When you become a Canadian citizen, you are no longer a permanent resident.
The Permanent Resident Card
If you intend to travel, the Permanent Resident Card is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada.
This wallet-sized plastic card is used by permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus).
If you leave the country, you are expected to have this card when returning to Canada. If you do not plan to leave the country, you do not need the card.

Becoming a Canadian citizen: Who can apply
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must meet the requirements in all of the following areas:
• Time lived in Canada
• Language abilities
• Criminal history (prohibitions)
• Knowledge of Canada
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for Canadian citizenship.
To apply for citizenship for a child under 18, make sure the following conditions are met:
• the person applying is the child's parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian
• the child is a permanent resident, but does not need to have lived in Canada for three years; and
• one parent is already a Canadian citizen or is applying to become a citizen at the same time. This also applies to adoptive parents.
Permanent resident status
To become a Canadian citizen, you must have permanent resident status in Canada, and that status must not be in doubt. This means you must not be the subject of an immigration investigation, an immigration inquiry or a removal order (an order from Canadian officials to leave Canada).
Time lived in Canada
To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children under the age of 18 do not need to meet this requirement.
You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if that time falls within the four-year period.
Use the citizenship calculator to find out if you have lived in Canada long enough to apply for citizenship.
Language abilities
Canada has two official languages—English and French. You need to have adequate knowledge of one of these two languages in order to become a Canadian citizen.
The citizenship knowledge test and your interaction withCIC staff will be used to assess if you have an adequate ability to communicate in either English or French. CICstaff will observe
• your ability to understand basic spoken statements and questions, and
• your ability to communicate basic information or respond to questions.
For example, as part of your interaction with departmental staff or as part of your written test or your interview with a citizenship judge, you will be expected to:
• answer simple questions on familiar topics, using short sentences;
• show that you know enough words for basic everyday communication;
• tell a simple story about everyday activities;
• speak about something you did in the past (or will do in the future);
• give simple everyday instructions and directions; and
• express satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
Criminal history (prohibitions)
You cannot become a citizen if you:
• have been convicted of an indictable (criminal) offence or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the three years before you applied;
• are currently charged with an indictable offence or an offence under the Citizenship Act;
• are in prison, on parole or on probation;
• are under a removal order (have been ordered by Canadian officials to leave Canada);
• are under investigation for, are charged with, or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity; or
• you have had your Canadian citizenship taken away in the past five years.
If you are on probation or are charged with an offence and are awaiting trial, you should wait until after the probation has ended or the trial is over to apply for citizenship.
If you have spent time on probation, on parole or in prison in the last four years, you may not meet the residence requirement for citizenship.
Time in prison or on parole does not count as residence in Canada. Time on probation also does not count as residence in Canada if you were convicted of an offence. If you have spent time on probation from a conditional discharge, it may be counted toward residence. For details, contact the Call Centre.
Knowledge of Canada
To become a citizen, you must understand the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, such as the right and responsibility to vote in elections. You must also have an understanding of Canada's history, values, institutions and symbols.
The information you need to know is in our free study guide Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship. We will send you a copy of it once we have received your application. The questions in the citizenship test are based on the information in this guide.