Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
TBD
Thanks for your prompt reply Canadiantobe. Yes I am a MI1 applicant.

JA77 - Yes I live in Dubai. As original documents are involved you will not receive mail in your mail box. Instead you could ask the post office if they have a packet for you.

Regards,
Smikri

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ja77 said:
Hi Captain, DXB fellows,

Just a couple of quick ones;

1. Is this fine if one of the DD's we have at the time of landing is in my wife's name? As she also has some funds and wants to take in the form of DD so that she can open up a bank account in Canada for herself. Will a DD in her name be accepted as a proof of funds at the time of landing?
2. I will go to Al-Fardan Exchange at Khalid Bin Waleed road in Bur Dubai to get the DD's. Do you know of someone in that branch with whom I can get in contact in order to get some good rate?

Thanks.
Hi,

1. Yes, settlement funds' draft/s could be in the name of any of the accompanying family members. And u could take multiple drafts as well, under many names.

2. Biju knows someone in the Al Qusais br. of Al Fardan; and my manager (at Dxb) sends me wires & drafts from Al Fardan's Deira (near I-continental hotel) br. U may call Biju for the details, and if need be get in touch with my manager as well (I could PM u his cell no.).

Regards,

Qorax

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi capt.qorax,

Today we received our stamped pps and i wish to thank u again for all the support u hv given to me.

All ur threads r quite informative and ur service in this forum is unparalleled.

Rgds,
Art.

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
art2012 said:
Hi capt.qorax,

Today we received our stamped pps and i wish to thank u again for all the support u hv given to me.

All ur threads r quite informative and ur service in this forum is unparalleled.

Rgds,
Art.
Congrats

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
art2012 said:
Hi capt.qorax,

Rgds,
Art.
Hi,

Thanks, appreciated & reciprocated as well.

Congratulations!

Qorax

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
smikri said:
Thanks for your prompt reply Canadiantobe. Yes I am a MI1 applicant.

JA77 - Yes I live in Dubai. As original documents are involved you will not receive mail in your mail box. Instead you could ask the post office if they have a packet for you.

Regards,
Smikri
Thanks for the reply. So it means CHC London doesn't send back your original documents using some courier service... instead, they use the normal postal services right?

About checking with the post office, do you mean CHC London will email you first telling you that they have sent you your original documents and then you will check with the post office? I mean, how do you get the hint that there could be something waiting for you in the post office?

By the way, which of your original documents have been returned?

Thanks.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
qorax said:
Hi,

1. Yes, settlement funds' draft/s could be in the name of any of the accompanying family members. And u could take multiple drafts as well, under many names.

2. Biju knows someone in the Al Qusais br. of Al Fardan; and my manager (at Dxb) sends me wires & drafts from Al Fardan's Deira (near I-continental hotel) br. U may call Biju for the details, and if need be get in touch with my manager as well (I could PM u his cell no.).

Regards,

Qorax
Thank you Qorax. I will get in contact with Biju to know of the details as Qusais branch is closer to my home anyway. And just like you said, if need be I'll get in contact with your manager and request you for his cell number.

By the way, how can I be a part of your Toronto friend's google group and social activities etc? We don't have any friends and relatives in GTA and would like to socialize, network, and make friends. I have never been able to particiate in any of the Dubai meetups, FYI.

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
art2012 said:
Hi capt.qorax,

Rgds,
Art.
Congrats.... wishing you best of luck in Canada.

Glairlinez

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ja77 said:
Thank you Qorax. I will get in contact with Biju to know of the details as Qusais branch is closer to my home anyway. And just like you said, if need be I'll get in contact with your manager and request you for his cell number.

By the way, how can I be a part of your Toronto friend's google group and social activities etc? We don't have any friends and relatives in GTA and would like to socialize, network, and make friends. I have never been able to particiate in any of the Dubai meetups, FYI.
In which case, probably u'd neither be able to do so here as well!
Anyway, once u arrive here - get in touch with me and we'd do the needful.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have question.... how long usually it takes to get the AOR and visa medical in UAE? TO FEDERAL....

I am waiting for CSQ to Quebec since 2 years :mad:

Migab

Jun 1, 2012
Hi everyone..I'm a newbie here but I'm a silent follower of this thread as I am a FSW applicant from Dubai as well..I just want to seek from all of you guys as I have noticed that my consultant's mailing address have now re appeared on ecas..I just want to understand and want to know what to expect from this..below is my time line...captain I need your advice...

Application forwarded: Oct.2010
Medical done: Aug.2011
Medical furtherance: Nov.2011
Additional medical request:March 2012
Additional CHest PHysician report submitted April 2012
ECas status-in process
Address disappear Jan. 27, 2012
Mailing Address re appeared : June 1 , 2012