london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestpal said:
@ Everyone in the forum,

Immigration acronyms:
========================

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt

CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CANN - Community Airport Newcomers' Network
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)

DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
IRPR - Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
EAL - English as an Additional Language
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EFL - English as a Foreign Language
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
ELT - English Language Training/Teaching
ESL - English as a Second Language
ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESP - English for Specific Purposes
GIC - Guaranteed Investment Certificate
GST - Goods and Services Tax
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRDC (see HRSDC) - former Human Resources Development Canada
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ICCS - International Council for Canadian Studies
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
MSP - Medical Services Plan
NOC - National Occupational Classification
NGO - Non-Governmental Organization
OLA - Open Learning Agency
PST - Provincial Sales Tax
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
RRPF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
VSO - Voluntary Services Overseas
WCB - Workers' Compensation Board
YMCA - Young Men's Christian Association
YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request

Best Wishes,

Bestpal
Great effort,+1 from me.

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
hello there.

I have safely landed Toronto on March 27th 2012. Everything was done very smoothly on both the airport i.e. Mumbai and Toronto. At Toronto IO was very friendly. They just asked us from which flight we came and how much amount of money we are carrying. After that they guided us towards new immigrant landing office where another officer checked our landing paper and took sign on the paper and guided us towards exit. Before going towards exit another ladies gave us information about Ontario and Toronto.
That's it..Well come come to Canada.

Very next day we went for SIN no and Bank account. Now we have started searching jobs for surviving.

By the way..Canada is really nice, people are friendly...

All the best to the people who are waiting for PR and landing.

Thanks to all for information to land safely..

regards,

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2011 (PP Submitted on 13/10 received on 20/10)
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
arjignesh said:
hello there.

I have safely landed Toronto on March 27th 2012. Everything was done very smoothly on both the airport i.e. Mumbai and Toronto. At Toronto IO was very friendly. They just asked us from which flight we came and how much amount of money we are carrying. After that they guided us towards new immigrant landing office where another officer checked our landing paper and took sign on the paper and guided us towards exit. Before going towards exit another ladies gave us information about Ontario and Toronto.

Very next day we went for SIN no and Bank account. Now we have started searching jobs for surviving.

regards,
Congrats and welcome to Canada

amer1981

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 August 2009
Doc's Request.
29 September 2009
AOR Received.
29 January 2010
File Transfer...
11 October 2009
Med's Request
3 August 2010
Med's Done....
22 September 2010
Interview........
Not sure
Dear All,

I need your advise. My case is still stuck under the routine background checks.

I applied in August 2009. Send the full application in December 2009 to London VO. The case turned into "In Process" in July 2010. Medical request in August 2010. Medical done in September 2010. RFPR is paid in October 2010. New PCC with updated form sent in May 2011. My medicals expired in September 2011.

Since then, whenever I send them a case specific inquiry, they are reply with the same style that "Your case is waiting for the routine background checks". I am following up with them every 1.5 to 2 months and they are replying to my email in 4 or 5 days. What do they mean by routine background checks? Is it criminal checks only or what?

Can you please advise if something should be done in my case or I just have to wait for them to process it?? And what is the best way to address this issue.

Thank you.

Amer

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
SAYEK said:
Dear UAE based applicants,
I'd like to share with you all that finally I got the passport request e-mail from CIC last week by the grace of almighty Allah. Those who are anxiously waiting after a medical test (even second medical), pls get inspired by my timeline below:
APPLICATION SUBMITTED: JUNE 2008 (noc: College Instructor)
1st Medical done Oct 2009 (expired);
2nd Medical done May 2011;
PPR Mar 20, 2012;
Wishing to receive visa by April 30, 2012.
Best wishes for all the applicants.
Thanks & regards,
SAYEK
CONGRATS buddy

a great victory at the end of the long journey :D :D

Let all ur wishes come true in our Dream land. :D

plan for ur travel Now as ur visa validity will be very less if u did ur meds on May 2011 :)

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
mycan said:
Hi friends,
We successfully landed in Toronto on 23rd March, Friday night. The process was smooth as shared by various members earlier. We were well prepared with our B4/B4A also as per Captain Qorax's thread and the Officer was impressed by that. Our friend was waiting for us so no worries at all.
24th we opened joint accounts in TD bank using DDs which we carried from India and the process took only 15 minutes. We were prepared to keep $5000/- as min balance so along with our account we got one locker, one US dollar account, 2 Gold visa cards with $5000 credit, unlimited free transactions and waiver all fees.
I got a connection for Chartr Mobile with $35 per month prepaid, with unlimited incoming and outgoing calls and text messages throughout Canada. We came to know this was the cheapest one available right now after checking at many operators.
Completed admission formalities and put both the kids in to school one to middle school & the other Secondary school.

Among the achievements, on the 3rd day of landing we got an opportunity to meet Captain Qorax.

mycan
That Sounds Great buddy , Wish to meet you soon :D

Good luck always and God bless

Biju

Abuelyas

Jan 31, 2009
Salalaha, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
Med's Request
31/01/2012
Med's Done....
08/03/2012
Interview........
Exempted
LANDED..........
February 1st and Got PRC
Hi Mycan
I was so happy to know that you landed "safe and sound" as Captain put it earlier. I was also happy to know that you met the Captain and that you settled so many things in a very short time including your kids' schooling. Great! Please let's keep in touch and keep having your habitual cooperative spirit on. I wish you ALL the best.
A time to seize just to pass the best gratitude and appreciation to the Captain whose presence and help are always valuable.

mycan said:
Hi friends,

We successfully landed in Toronto on 23rd March, Friday night. The process was smooth as shared by various members earlier. We were well prepared with our B4/B4A also as per Captain Qorax's thread and the Officer was impressed by that. Our friend was waiting for us so no worries at all.

24th we opened joint accounts in TD bank using DDs which we carried from India and the process took only 15 minutes. We were prepared to keep $5000/- as min balance so along with our account we got one locker, one US dollar account, 2 Gold visa cards with $5000 credit, unlimited free transactions and waiver all fees.

I got a connection for Chartr Mobile with $35 per month prepaid, with unlimited incoming and outgoing calls and text messages throughout Canada. We came to know this was the cheapest one available right now after checking at many operators.

Completed admission formalities and put both the kids in to school one to middle school & the other Secondary school.

Among the achievements, on the 3rd day of landing we got an opportunity to meet Captain Qorax.

mycan

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
barthlal said:
Dear All,
I would like share with you i got PPR Step 1 Letter.
I am very much grateful to all the members of this forum specially Mr Biju and Mr Qorax.
Good luck to all

C O N G R A T S buddy :D

very happy to hear this

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
amer1981 said:
Dear All,
I need your advise. My case is still stuck under the routine background checks.
I applied in August 2009. Send the full application in December 2009 to London VO. The case turned into "In Process" in July 2010. Medical request in August 2010. Medical done in September 2010. RFPR is paid in October 2010. New PCC with updated form sent in May 2011. My medicals expired in September 2011.
Since then, whenever I send them a case specific inquiry, they are reply with the same style that "Your case is waiting for the routine background checks". I am following up with them every 1.5 to 2 months and they are replying to my email in 4 or 5 days. What do they mean by routine background checks? Is it criminal checks only or what?
Can you please advise if something should be done in my case or I just have to wait for them to process it?? And what is the best way to address this issue.
Thank you.
Amer
hi Amer

Apply for CAIPS / GCMS so we can know where u stand

Good luck

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
arjignesh said:
hello there.
regards,
Happy to know buddy :D :D

All the very best and God bless to get the best job very soon

stay in touch and PM soby and mycan for their contact numbers =

Biju

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Welcome to CANADA & all the best for your future.

arjignesh said:
hello there.

regards,

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Abuelyas said:
Hi Mycan
I was so happy to know that you landed "safe and sound" as Captain put it earlier. I was also happy to know that you met the Captain and that you settled so many things in a very short time including your kids' schooling. Great! Please let's keep in touch and keep having your habitual cooperative spirit on. I wish you ALL the best.
A time to seize just to pass the best gratitude and appreciation to the Captain whose presence and help are always valuable.
Thank you Sir, looking forward to meet you at the earliest in Toronto.

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
barthlal said:
Dear All,

I would like share with you i got PPR Step 1 Letter.

I am very much grateful to all the members of this forum specially Mr Biju and Mr Qorax.

Good luck to all
Congrats & wish you the visa at the earliest.

reji

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th April 2011
AOR Received.
2nd May 2011
File Transfer...
8th June 2011
Med's Request
8th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
20th Jan 2012
Passport Req..
16th Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th March 2012
congrats mycan and wish you all the best for a good job.

happy to know that you have accomplished lots in a few days including meeting great captain Qorax

reji

mycan said:
Hi friends,

mycan