UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rlex said:
BREAKING NEWS

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.

http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/canadian-government-slashes-backlog-031472.html
so what about who is waiting and get their application back !! They cant apply anymore with new rules ??

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
bestpal said:
Dear Vishal,

PA= Primary Applicant
PCC= Police Clearance Certificate
RPRF= Right of Permanent Residence Fee
IMMxxxxx = Form Code/s of CIC as applicable
Sch A= Schedule A is again a name of a FORM (with a distinguished Code)

Search Captain Qorax's post and master threads and you will be enlightened like we were, not in the distant past! 8) His extremely magnificient posts are a beacon in this seemingly endless dark Ocean of the waiting 'Game'. Still, if you have any doubts you can raise a query and some one or the other will respond in the forum!

Best Wishes,

Bestpal
@ Everyone in the forum,

Immigration acronyms:
========================

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt

CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CANN - Community Airport Newcomers' Network
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)

DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
IRPR - Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
EAL - English as an Additional Language
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EFL - English as a Foreign Language
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
ELT - English Language Training/Teaching
ESL - English as a Second Language
ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESP - English for Specific Purposes
GIC - Guaranteed Investment Certificate
GST - Goods and Services Tax
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRDC (see HRSDC) - former Human Resources Development Canada
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ICCS - International Council for Canadian Studies
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
MSP - Medical Services Plan
NOC - National Occupational Classification
NGO - Non-Governmental Organization
OLA - Open Learning Agency
PST - Provincial Sales Tax
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
RRPF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
VSO - Voluntary Services Overseas
WCB - Workers' Compensation Board
YMCA - Young Men's Christian Association
YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
bestpal said:
@ Everyone in the forum,

Immigration acronyms:
========================

CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.

DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

Thanks BESTPAL for sharing this info.

Cheers..

H

Hotellier Dxb

Dear Friends !!

I applied in Feb'10 and send my doc. in July 2010 but didnt receive any update !! Ecas shows documents received and pending review.....I am big worried !! Any suggestions when can i expect medical request or any update...

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
mycan said:
Hi friends,

We successfully landed in Toronto on 23rd March, Friday night. The process was smooth as shared by various members earlier. We were well prepared with our B4/B4A also as per Captain Qorax's thread and the Officer was impressed by that. Our friend was waiting for us so no worries at all.

24th we opened joint accounts in TD bank using DDs which we carried from India and the process took only 15 minutes. We were prepared to keep $5000/- as min balance so along with our account we got one locker, one US dollar account, 2 Gold visa cards with $5000 credit, unlimited free transactions and waiver all fees.

I got a connection for Chartr Mobile with $35 per month prepaid, with unlimited incoming and outgoing calls and text messages throughout Canada. We came to know this was the cheapest one available right now after checking at many operators.

Completed admission formalities and put both the kids in to school one to middle school & the other Secondary school.

Among the achievements, on the 3rd day of landing we got an opportunity to meet Captain Qorax.

mycan

Welcome to Canada buddy ..!!

Cheeers..

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Captain Qorax,

i have a question , since i recvd my per, i never recvd any correspondence from London office,
my question is i have changed my job recently i mean i will join the new company on 1st April, but my new job is totally different than my previews accountant job and the AEO job offer ( accounted clerk ), this new job related to the media and lots of travels ( visual/Graphics co-coordinator), if ill update CIC what documents i should send other than experience letter,new contract letter etc, well my new job effect the process i mean its totally different job than job offer? after updating the new change in job will this delay the process ???

Thanks
rKo

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rKo said:
Hi Captain Qorax,

i have a question , since i recvd my per, i never recvd any correspondence from London office,
my question is i have changed my job recently i mean i will join the new company on 1st April, but my new job is totally different than my previews accountant job and the AEO job offer ( accounted clerk ), this new job related to the media and lots of travels ( visual/Graphics co-coordinator), if ill update CIC what documents i should send other than experience letter,new contract letter etc, well my new job effect the process i mean its totally different job than job offer? after updating the new change in job will this delay the process ???

Thanks
rKo
Once u stand 'qualified' for further processing, whatever changes occur in ur profile becomes immaterial.

barthlal

Star Member
Dec 3, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Medical Request 07.06.2011 & Processing Started 09.05.2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
PPR 1 - 30.03.2012 & PPR 2 - 27.04.2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear All,

I would like share with you i got PPR Step 1 Letter.

I am very much grateful to all the members of this forum specially Mr Biju and Mr Qorax.

Good luck to all

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
Congrats buddy and pray for us!!

mycan said:
Hi friends,

We successfully landed in Toronto on 23rd March, Friday night. The process was smooth as shared by various members earlier. We were well prepared with our B4/B4A also as per Captain Qorax's thread and the Officer was impressed by that. Our friend was waiting for us so no worries at all.

24th we opened joint accounts in TD bank using DDs which we carried from India and the process took only 15 minutes. We were prepared to keep $5000/- as min balance so along with our account we got one locker, one US dollar account, 2 Gold visa cards with $5000 credit, unlimited free transactions and waiver all fees.

I got a connection for Chartr Mobile with $35 per month prepaid, with unlimited incoming and outgoing calls and text messages throughout Canada. We came to know this was the cheapest one available right now after checking at many operators.

Completed admission formalities and put both the kids in to school one to middle school & the other Secondary school.

Among the achievements, on the 3rd day of landing we got an opportunity to meet Captain Qorax.

mycan

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
good job sir-- always helpful

bestpal said:
@ Everyone in the forum,

Immigration acronyms:
========================

ID - Identification
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
This is very bad....!!

Rlex said:
BREAKING NEWS

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.

http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/canadian-government-slashes-backlog-031472.html

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Dear Barthlal,

Glad to see that you got your PPR request. Now obviously this means you have to land in June before your 1st medical date expires.

Your timeline is same as mine, and I did my medicals in July. So I still have hope that I might receive the PPR anytime.

Best
Ali
barthlal said:
Dear All,

I am very much grateful to all the members of this forum specially Mr Biju and Mr Qorax.

Good luck to all

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Dear Sayek and mycan,

Wishing you both all the best and congrats, one for landing, and to Sayek for PPR.

Best
Ali

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Once u stand 'qualified' for further processing, whatever changes occur in ur profile becomes immaterial.
thanks Captain + 1 for u ..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
barthlal said:
Dear All,

Good luck to all
Congrats !