Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
love bird 43 said:
Hi all,
ALHAMDULLILAH, i am in canada , toronto,area is brampton, now , and the problum is i have got , to go to the banks, social offices
etc, can someone guide me plz , any area, where i can go and do my initial things, etc, and i want to go to that kind of place
where i can easely find out a bank social office in a row, for that , i am looking to use a public transport, has someone got exprience about it plz guied me thanks. i heard about dundas street , in misssaga, how far is that ???
Dundas is hardly half hour from brampton. Banks are in good numbers on Dixie junction (hurontario road). Social security office is hardly five minutes drive on dixie road from the junction.

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Pre-June 2010 applicants waiting for the medicals, if the IELTS expires, do they need to take the IELTS test again?

I have done my IELTS in January 2010 and it will expire in January 2012, my case is IN PROCESS with RBVO details.

Is the CIC asking to re-take IELTS?

Regards,

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
Mr. Optimistic said:
Hi all,

Pre-June 2010 applicants waiting for the medicals, if the IELTS expires, do they need to take the IELTS test again?

I have done my IELTS in January 2010 and it will expire in January 2012, my case is IN PROCESS with RBVO details.

Regards,
I dont think so ..... Read somewhere that they are not asking to redo....

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
Mr. Optimistic said:
Hi all,

Regards,
Buddy

Normally CHC will not ask to redo the IELTS

Biju

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Canada bans burqa at citizenship ceremony

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/other-world/canada-bans-burqa-at-citizenship-ceremony-1.950506

Toronto: New Canadian citizens must remove any face coverings, such as the niqab or burqa, while they take the oath of citizenship, the country's immigration minister said on Monday.
Jason Kenney said most Canadians have misgivings about Islamic face coverings and said new Canadians should take the oath in view of their fellow citizens. He said he has received complaints from lawmakers and citizenship judges who say it's difficult to ensure that individuals whose faces are covered are actually reciting the oath.
The Conservative minister called the issue a matter of deep principle that goes to the heart of Canada's identity and the country's values of openness and equality. He said women who feel obliged to have their faces covered in public often come from a cultural milieu that treats women as property rather than equal human beings
"I do think that most Canadians find that disquieting to say the least," Kenney said in a telephone interview with AP.
Disturbing
"Most Muslim Canadian women I know find the practice of face covering in our society disturbing, indicative of an approach to women that is not consistent with our democratic values," Kenney added.
Kenney made the announcement in the French-speaking province of Quebec, which has experienced heated debates over how much Canada should bend to accommodate newcomers.
Kenney said his government would not go further by drafting laws to ban women from wearing veils that cover their faces in public. France became the first country to enact a law designed to forbid face-covering veils such as the niqab or burqa anywhere in public. Violators risk fines or being ordered to take citizenship classes.
"We shouldn't have the state using its power to dictate what people choose to wear in their private lives, but when there are important points of intersection with the state in obtaining state services I think it's entirely reasonable for people to show who they are," Kenney said.
Security reasons
There are no laws banning veils or headscarves in the US, though there have been unsuccessful attempts in some states to ban "Sharia law". The sponsor of such a bill in Oklahoma wanted to prohibit women from wearing headscarves in driver's licence photos. The Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in 2010 banned veils that obscure the face for security reasons, but later changed it to accommodate Muslim women.

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
edmonta said:
Dear All,

As we Pre June applicants are waiting for MR and hopefully cases like me who've submitted full docs in Jan 2011 is unlikely to get MR in 2012.

My questions:

1)I still have NOC 7216 in MI -3 in which I can apply.Though my earlier NOCs were 0711 & 9212,both non existing now(Project manager & Utility engineer),SHOULD I GO FOR NEW APPLCATION UNDER NOC 7216.?!!(As a maintenance supervisor-though I've worked on higher postion than this,Job responsibilites will be falling same and my previous employer is ready to give me any type of reference letter..)
2) I'd given IELTS in Oct 2010.The same one will be valid for new applcation..??!
3) Hopefully ,new file preparation will take a month time.So If I file it in Jan 2012,Should I be through in 2012 end or I should not file and stick to the old file only.

Pl. give me some views on this:

Regards,
Edmonta
Buddy

Its a good idea. u can apply with new NOC provided u have the work experiences matching

it always help to make ur file move fast and i am sure if u get the PER You will get ur visa stamped before Dec 2012.

IELTS result validity wont be a prob as its valid for 2 years.

Good luck buddy

biju

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Dear All,

First of all Many many Congrats to teacherji and hope u have all the success in your life moving forward......

I have a question to address: I left my job and will be moving soon to Canada but just wanna check ...Is it necessary to have reference letters from the company where you have previously worked or experience letters would be more than enough...as I never faced any such issues or request wherever I have worked so far...

Thanks

Yogi

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
Yogi7890 said:
Dear All,

First of all Many many Congrats to teacherji and hope u have all the success in your life moving forward......

I have a question to address: I left my job and will be moving soon to Canada but just wanna check ...Is it necessary to have reference letters from the company where you have previously worked or experience letters would be more than enough...as I never faced any such issues or request wherever I have worked so far...

Thanks

Yogi
Hi Yogi, Canadian employers will do ask for reference. So better to arrange the reference letter also. Or get the contact numbers of the persons whom you may refer.

All the best...

Cheers..

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Thanks Sattar bhai,

But is it necessary to have references from your manager or supervisors or anyone else like my colleague reference's will also work

Thanks

Yogi

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2011 (PP Submitted on 13/10 received on 20/10)
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
Yogi7890 said:
Dear All,

Thanks
Yogi
It's good to have as much ref letters as possible. Be it present, previous or any past companies you worked.
But make sure you inform the person that he would be contacted
It can be your immediate supervisor, manager or even colleagues.
Rgds
Soby

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
soby said:
It's good to have as much ref letters as possible. Be it present, previous or any past companies you worked.
But make sure you inform the person that he would be contacted
It can be your immediate supervisor, manager or even colleagues.
Rgds
Soby
I second SOBY ..!!

Cheers..

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Thanx soby and sattar bhai..for sharing ur views...I will keep that in mind ..lets see how it goes frm hereon...all the best..

Regards,

Yogi

teacherji

Star Member
Aug 15, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
30-MAR-11
Med's Request
30-JUN-11
Med's Done....
14-AUG-11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-NOV-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-Nov-11
LANDED..........
9th May 2012
Yogi7890 said:
Dear All,

Thanks

Yogi
Thankx Yogi.... :D

The Big Boys.... have replied to your questions.... !!

Regards

T