Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
venmal77 said:
dear sir

please let me know about " his/her job verification experience...how CHC London conducts job verification in Dubai..."

for noc1111
all is well
thanks
vicky
Hi, in my case , there was no job verification done.
But i have not come through any member residing in DUBAI, who has mentioned that his/her job verification was done in DUBAI.

Cheers...

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
Canadian varsities to woo Middle East students

This month Canadian admissions officers will be in the UAE to meet parents and students interested in Canada as a higher education destination. The annual Middle East Education Initiative (MEEI) organised by the Embassy of Canada in the UAE, will be held from September 26 to 29. Twenty Canadian universities, colleges and language schools will tour the UAE as part of the MEEI. The main draw card is that Canada offers students the opportunity to earn academic qualifications that are recognised around the world, while being part of a multicultural community.

Study opportunities

During exhibitions, representatives from the various visiting institutions will be available to meet students, parents and other members of the education community, and provide information about study opportunities in Canada. The events in Abu Dhabi and Dubai are open to all students and parents and no appointment is necessary. The Canadian Regional Education Officer will be available at the event, as will an Embassy Visa Officer to answer questions about study permits.
"International students from this dynamic region bring an important perspective to the Canadian classroom. We welcome the long-term ties that are made between international students, Canada and its people," said Ken Lewis, Ambassador of Canada to the UAE. "This touring delegation of universities and colleges represents excellent opportunities for students, and includes some of Canada's largest universities and institutions, from coast to coast.

‘High quality'

"Canada is a leader in many fields of technology, science, research and business and the consistent high quality of the education system contributes to our prosperity."
According to the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada Report on Trends in Higher Education on Enrolment, in 2010, there were almost 1.2 million students in degree programmes on Canadian campuses: 755,000 undergraduates, 143,400 graduate students studying full-time, and 275,800 students studying part-time. Fifty-six per cent of university students were women, and ten per cent were international students.
The number of full-time university students has more than doubled since 1980, and part-time enrolment is up 16 per cent. In 1980, there were 550,000 full-time and 218,000 part-time university students on Canadian campuses. It is clear universities have seen much growth in the last 30 years.
The writer is the director of Counselling Point Educational & Social Services.

UPCOMING FAIRS

ABU DHABI

Date: September 26 Time: 6pm-9pm Venue: Abu Dhabi Men's College, Higher Colleges of Technology

DUBAI

Date: September 28 Time: 6pm-9pm Venue: Dubai Men's College, Higher Colleges of Technology For more information e-mail:reo.abdbi@international.gc.ca

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/education/canadian-varsities-to-woo-middle-east-students-1.875730

Cheers...

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
Stories shared by successful immigrants from UAE to Canada

Gulf News Focus spoke to a cross section of people who have migrated or are in the process of migrating to find out why they chose to move to Canada and how far they have been able to realise their dreams of a good life.

JE-ANN P. LATCHIN

Je-Ann P. Latchin, 30, from the Philippines migrated to Canada from Dubai with her parents in 2000. Though it was her parents' decision to migrate, it helped her chase her dreams of building a career in art and design and becoming an entrepreneur. After finishing her studies, she set up a design firm in the city of Mississauga.

Why Canada?

"In the mid-nineties it was a popular move in the UAE to migrate to Canada. Some of my parents' friends had already migrated and my parents followed in their footsteps. Perhaps the biggest factor to influence their decision was that in Canada one could own properties unlike in Dubai in the nineties. It was a form of security for them compared to staying on work visas in Dubai. Additionally, it was the perfect time to migrate as I was finishing high school and getting ready to go to college."
Getting a job after migration
"My parents had friends in Canada and using their network they found jobs in their areas of experience quite easily. In fact, my father is still in the same job since he first moved here. I was also able to find a summer job immediately after we arrived in Canada."

Becoming an entrepreneur

"As soon as I finished college, I started a design/marketing firm along with my husband. Setting up a business is pretty hassle-free in Canada but maintaining it of course takes lots of efforts and hard work. The only challenge I had to overcome was the fear of the unknown. The Canadian government, however, came to our rescue. It offers entrepreneurs and new businesses professional coaching and also arranges for personal advisors, if they need any. We met advisors who helped us with our endless queries about invoicing, banking and Canadian taxation laws.
"I wanted to work for large companies immediately after launching my business, but quickly realised that I had to work my way up to them. We started working for small businesses for the first couple of years. Through word of mouth and our website, we began to get larger accounts such as Schwarzkopf Professional, Canon and LG."

Life in Canada

"Whether it's setting up a business, pursuing higher education, or starting a family, the Canadian government stands by its people. I have just had my first child and I was surprised at the kind of support the government normally gives new mums. Today, even three months after the birth of my child I still get mails about childcare and reassurance from the government that if I need support there is always a number to dial where someone can help me."

SUNIL RAO

A former editor at a Dubai-based newspaper, Sunil Rao, 50, moved to Canada in 2006 after spending 17 years in the emirate. Originally from India, Rao is now the editor of South Asian Focus, a community weekly newspaper published from Brampton, Ontario. In 2009, he was rewarded for his efforts in journalism by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper with a citation from the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada.

Why Canada?

"We were looking at our options to move ahead in our lives. Canada seemed a good idea and when we checked we found that we could qualify through the points system and so applied for immigration. We researched for around a couple years about living conditions in Canada and also started on weekly French lessons."

Getting a job after migration

"After landing in Canada the first job that I applied for was coincidentally the job I'm currently at. Successive rounds of interviews ran for months. When I realised that it could take some time for this particular job to come through I decided to take up the first available job that came my way. I attended a job fair and the first potential employer I spoke to offered to take me on board. So I formally entered the jobs market after three months of landing with the ‘survival' job on a factory shop floor. I continued in it for about four months before taking up my current job."

Career choices in Canada

"It can be challenging. But employment opportunities are improving for newcomers in Canada. For instance, the premier of Ontario recently pointed out that from 2014, Ontario will depend only on newcomers to fill new jobs. Hence acceptance of newcomers for mainstream jobs will surely improve. That said, most newcomers still tend to struggle, particularly through the first few months. But success here is also a function of time — one gradually eases into the mainstream and integrates better with the passage of time.
"In Canada, several professions are regulated. As a doctor or an engineer or an architect, the professional has to pass the requisite exams or match up to the criteria posted by the body regulating that industry. This can in itself be challenging, particularly for someone migrating in their late 30s or 40s, when they need to take care of their families as well. It isn't easybut is of course doable, as so many here have demonstrated.
"Canada also offers people seeking to do something different in their professional lives the opportunities to do so with remunerations that can be quite rewarding. There are several government-funded programmes run by settlement agencies and other bodies to help newcomers successfully transition to such careers."

Life in Canada

"I am attracted to the easy-going lifestyle of Canada, the very clean and breathtakingly beautiful landscape, the education options for kids and of course its people who are unfailingly friendly and courteous."

LAURA CHOUERI

After staying in Canada for years, Laura Choueri decided to move to Dubai 17 years ago because she wanted to come back to her roots and be closer to Lebanon, the country which she left in 1975. She now runs her firm Choueri Real Estate, which she set up in Dubai in 2005, as its chief executive.
Why Canada
"I immigrated to Canada in the early 1980s. My family and I moved to Saudi Arabia in the mid-seventies due to the Lebanese civil war. Further education in Lebanon or Saudi Arabia was not an option then, so we decided to move to the West. There were many opportunities for us in Canada. I come from a cosmopolitan family, so Montreal was the logical choice for my family for migration, particularly since we had family there."

Becoming an entrepreneur

"I started my real estate career in Canada 32 years ago. Canada provides a wealth of opportunities to all nationalities. Besides, I believe, setting up a business is not difficult if you put your mind to it, whether your choice is Canada or elsewhere."

OLIVER MAHON

An Irish news editor, Oliver Mahon (36) is married to a Canadian photographer, and both are based in Dubai. Mahon applied for his immigration papers last December and the application was approved last month. They plan to move in September.

Why Canada?

"I decided to move to Canada for a combination of reasons: high quality of life in a verdant, natural environment that is conducive to an outdoors lifestyle; good opportunities to be found in a just and tolerant society where rewards are mostly based on merit; and yes, my wife asked me to migrate."
Is it easier to obtain a Canadian passport if the spouse is Canadian?
"I don't feel that having a Canadian wife has accelerated the immigration process much. I would have to jump through the same hoops if she was my girlfriend or common law partner. However, I felt confident that I would succeed in getting the necessary paper work [more easily] than if I were applying as an economic migrant or refugee."

Job opportunities in Canada

"I think Canada is like most Western countries in terms of job opportunities for immigrants. But if one keeps his eyes open, chases every opportunity and has the ability to sell himself, he should land a good job as Canadians are very open to foreigners."

Things to do in Canada

"I intend to buy property and start my own business. I will also employ the services of a good accountant so as to avoid paying taxes in Canada. In return I'll uphold my end of the great social bargain and will not seek benefits from welfare programmes."

BOBBY BAGGA
Bobby Bagga migrated to Canada with his parents at the age of one from India. He is recognised worldwide for his achievements in the barter exchange and trade industry. He established his first company in Toronto at the age of 22. Since then he has established a number of trade networks. Bagga co-founded the barter consultancy BizXchange in Dubai in 2002. He lives in the US and divides his time between Canada, the UAE and the US.

Becoming an entrepreneur

"Canada is a very immigrant-friendly and entrepreneurial country. I started my company, Barter Business Exchange, in Canada with less than $10,000 in capital. Initially it was difficult to get people to understand and believe in the concept of barter trade. Later on it grew quite rapidly and it was one of Canada's fastest-growing companies."

Starting a business in the UAE
"As our business grew we were looking for an international hub and the UAE perfectly fitted the bill. It is also a very entrepreneurial country with sound infrastructure.

http://gulfnews.com/gn-focus/canada/welcome-to-canada-1.862572

Cheers...

VINK

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London, CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
25-02-2010
Med's Request
Medical Req. yet to receive (In Process from Feb 8th, 2011)
SATDXB said:

Cheers...
Truly inspiring... Sattar Bhai... Thanks for sharing... :)

Regards,
Vinay

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
SATDXB said:
Gulf News Focus spoke to a cross section of people who have migrated or are in the process of migrating to find out why they chose to move to Canada and how far they have been able to realise their dreams of a good life.
JE-ANN P. LATCHIN
Je-Ann P. Latchin, 30, from the Philippines migrated to Canada from Dubai with her parents in 2000. Though it was her parents' decision to migrate, it helped her chase her dreams of building a career in art and design and becoming an entrepreneur. After finishing her studies, s

Why Canada
"I immigrated to Canada in the early 1980s. My family and I moved to Saudi Arabia in the mid-seventies due to the Lebanese civil war.
Cheers...

Thanks for sharing SATDXB :D

Biju

Bonjourcanada

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
27 May 2009
AOR Received.
27 May 2009
IELTS Request
27 May 2009
Med's Request
28 April 2010 (received on 24 May 2010)
Med's Done....
28 Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
LANDED..........
27th May 2011
SATDXB said:

Cheers...

Thats a wonderfu; read, SatDxb.. Thanx for sharing this!!!!
Bonjourcanada.

Bonjourcanada

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
27 May 2009
AOR Received.
27 May 2009
IELTS Request
27 May 2009
Med's Request
28 April 2010 (received on 24 May 2010)
Med's Done....
28 Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
LANDED..........
27th May 2011
For all potential Canadians..
And especially to those like us who have landed but had to return back to UAE, here is something that will connect us to our new
homeland!!!!! :)
Tim Horton's has recently opened their first cafe in Dubai, on Sheikh Zayed Road!!!

Yay!!!!
Bonjourcanada

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Bonjourcanada said:
And especially to those like us who have landed but had to return back to UAE, here is something that will connect us to our new
Tim Horton's has recently opened their first cafe in Dubai, on Sheikh Zayed Road!!!

Yay!!!!
Bonjourcanada
Thanks for the infoshare Bonjour !

Sunday's opening in Dubai was the first of 120 outlets planned for the Middle East, with a coffee shop set to open in Abu Dhabi later this year. And judging from the crowd of about 50 diners and the constant stream of customers threatening to spill out of the front door, the franchise is already poised to be a runaway success.

There are slight differences between the UAE offering and its Canadian part; there is no drive-through, nor "everything" bagels. But the staff have been trained to understand typical orders like a double-double (two creams and two sugars to the uninitiated) and all the favourites are there, like timbits, the middle part of the doughnut smothered in sugary coating and sold for Dh 1.

Qorax
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Founded by the Canadian hockey player Tim Horton in 1964 and with more than 3,600 outlets worldwide, it is impossible to go many blocks in Canada without stumbling on one. There is even an outlet dishing up tasty doughnuts and freshly ground coffee to soldiers at a military base near Kandahar in Afghanistan.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
Bonjourcanada said:
Thats a wonderfu; read, SatDxb.. Thanx for sharing this!!!!
Bonjourcanada.

Thanks VINK, BIJU & BONJOUR CANADA ..!!

Cheers...

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
Bonjourcanada said:

Yay!!!!
Bonjourcanada

Thats really a great news..!! i will surely try VANILLA FLAVOR COFFEE.!! ;)

Thanks BONJOUR and CAPTAIN ..!!

Cheers..

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
very informative.thanks for sharing SATDXB ;D

maccy81

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
Not received
IELTS Request
Done already
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
20-05-10 (dated April 19, 2010) & 27-12-10 (Child)
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
Waived (I guess)
Passport Req..
03-07-11
hi guys!

Im landing in toronto in Oct 2nd week. Just have two queries:

1) From where do i make the bank draft in CAD?. I went to fardan exchange and they told me that they are not making drafts in CAD except receiver general for canada.

2) Is there any limit on the value of goods I should declare in goods to accompany and goods to follow list; especially in the jewellery section.

thanx

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
Hi maccy81,
1 You can make CAD Draft from UAE exchange and from your Bank too. RAK Bank & ENBD etc. do for their customers.

2 Don't think that there is any limit as long they are your personal goods and is intended for that purpose. Seniors know better.

Best wishes,

Bestpal

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
maccy81 said:
hi guys!
Im landing in toronto in Oct 2nd week. Just have two queries:
1) From where do i make the bank draft in CAD?. I went to fardan exchange and they told me that they are not making drafts in CAD except receiver general for canada.
2) Is there any limit on the value of goods I should declare in goods to accompany and goods to follow list; especially in the jewellery section.
thanx
hi

1-If ur based in UAE , Al Fardhan Exchange is giving DD in personal name (4days back our forum member has taken) , to Canda. If ur not based in UAE then u have to arrange with the bank where u have a/c.

2- There is no limit as long as its for personal purpose

rgds

Biju

gana

Jun 7, 2011
Dear All

I am a pharmacist working in dubai and i received my medical request yesterday and also request for imigration fees, i already took a dd from nbd for the fees.
What shd i attach with the dd?

Will a covering letter be enough?

please guide me.

regards