No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
rizmayo said:
Did not understand the 10K per person advise for cash? Please elaborate.

Banks won't negotiate on inter-bank transfer rates unless it is a very high amount.

Regards,
As long as you are carrying under 10k per person you dont need to declare the cash. I came in with slightly over and while I was declaring the cash I clarified with the border authorities.
In terms of the wire transfer it depends on the banks. I banked at Mashreq and they were open to bringing the rate down when I called their treasury department directly - their counter staff was not helpful.
The advantage of a wire transfer through a bank eliminates the question of source of funds and credits the money instantly to your account in Canada without the wait times involved in a draft.
hope this helps
er2d2g

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
er2d2g said:
As long as you are carrying under 10k per person you dont need to declare the cash. I came in with slightly over and while I was declaring the cash I clarified with the border authorities.
In terms of the wire transfer it depends on the banks. I banked at Mashreq and they were open to bringing the rate down when I called their treasury department directly - their counter staff was not helpful.
The advantage of a wire transfer through a bank eliminates the question of source of funds and credits the money instantly to your account in Canada without the wait times involved in a draft.
hope this helps
er2d2g
Actually it is the other way around the funds transferred from abroad are tracked, but at the airport you just have to declare you are carrying more then C$10K and fill a form that's it. Canadian banks (not all) also charge service fee for receiving the money from wire transfers.

If you have already landed earlier, you will have to declare the amount you received through wire transfer in your income tax returns (does not mean you will pay tax on it).

Unless you are planning to declare foreign income, people generally avoid bank transfers here.

btw the C$10,000 applies to the total of all financial instruments you are carrying (e.g. cash, DD, travelers checks, etc.)

When are you coming back to Canada?
Regards,

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
rizmayo said:
Actually it is the other way around the funds transferred from abroad are tracked, but at the airport you just have to declare you are carrying more then C$10K and fill a form that's it. Canadian banks (not all) also charge service fee for receiving the money from wire transfers.

If you have already landed earlier, you will have to declare the amount you received through wire transfer in your income tax returns (does not mean you will pay tax on it).

Unless you are planning to declare foreign income, people generally avoid bank transfers here.

btw the C$10,000 applies to the total of all financial instruments you are carrying (e.g. cash, DD, travelers checks, etc.)

When are you coming back to Canada?
Regards,
Been here since Aug of last year :)

You are right on the money bit when we came in we had CAD,USD and AED

dub2can

Dec 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-07-2013(PER)
Have been asked to submit passports from visa stamping thru VFS London rather than to LVO directly. Anybody gone thru London VFS process from outside UK?
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/UnitedKingdom/servicechargeschedule.html

1. How much to pay and mode of payment? (I think £16.30 per person by Demand Draft, but will they accept from outside UK/Nordic countries as instructions seems specific to these countries- not clear in their website)

2. Thinking of sending self-addressed Return Courier envelope, but it seems they do courier delivery for £8.69. Again not clear if this applicable for outside UK

Please share experience, if you or any of your friends who recently received PPR from LVO in this fashion.

yogi77

Apr 14, 2013
Hi to all,

We landed in calgary last march 23, 2014 as Immigrant (PR Status). Me & my wife already got jobs ( unrelated to our experience & profession), while our kids are also in the school. Though we started already our settlement but just renting for a meantime till we are capable to buy a our own house.

My previous company in Dubai offered me a very good package for my family that made us think- why not accept the offer and come back later. We just want to take the opportunity the chance to save more in preparation for buying a house herein the future that we came back. Can we stay outside canada continuously for 2 years? Can our kids go back to school here in canada?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
yogi77 said:
Hi to all,

We landed in calgary last march 23, 2014 as Immigrant (PR Status). Me & my wife already got jobs ( unrelated to our experience & profession), while our kids are also in the school. Though we started already our settlement but just renting for a meantime till we are capable to buy a our own house.

My previous company in Dubai offered me a very good package for my family that made us think- why not accept the offer and come back later. We just want to take the opportunity the chance to save more in preparation for buying a house herein the future that we came back. Can we stay outside canada continuously for 2 years? Can our kids go back to school here in canada?
You can, provided you fulfil the residence requirements prevailing at the time you decide to return to Canada.
Returning to Dubai is always tempting - the quality of life , money is always welcome. Weigh the pros and cons carefully. The rents are skyrocketing and will also have to pay for school,which is not the case in Canada.

Good luck with your decision. All the best.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
lionel_desouza said:
Hi All,

I really need help with the self address labels. Not sure what this means.. Is it another empty envelope? HELP HELP HELP!!!
yes another empty A4 size envelope labled ur address, to return to u ur papers or any other letter for future. to avoid address mistake for mails to u. nekeol

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
yogi77 said:
Hi to all,

my personal openion keep other things in ur considerations.
let ur kids stay in calgary any suburban areas, u only one come back and keep on going to canada when ever find feasible airtickets, for two three years. ur family will get residence, and later on any time u can join them as family sponsorship. but think it again. u know ur case better than any one else.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
lionel_desouza said:
Hi All,

I really need help with the self address labels. Not sure what this means.. Is it another empty envelope? HELP HELP HELP!!!
Self addressed labels mean ' labels with your own address' so that they can mail stuff to you. You can get these from any stationery shop - they are like rectangular stickers with rounded corners.

I stuck them to another water proof envelope and enclosed the PPs in another waterproof envelope before mailing them.

yogi77

Apr 14, 2013
akbardxb said:
You can, provided you fulfil the residence requirements prevailing at the time you decide to return to Canada.
Returning to Dubai is always tempting - the quality of life , money is always welcome. Weigh the pros and cons carefully. The rents are skyrocketing and will also have to pay for school,which is not the case in Canada.

Good luck with your decision. All the best.
Thanks for your opinion. We know well the situation there in Dubai that's why i asked for a package that will match what i can get here in Calgary... same salary package, free accommodation & school of our kids (the only difference is we are not physically here). One of my consideration is that at least we can earn for additional amount of money in two years time while we are there in Dubai, that we will use for the downpayment in purchasing a house here. Though we really need to weigh this up, that's why i am seeking some information on the technicalities of staying outside in Canada without compromising our PR status.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi All,

I got International Driving License from Dubai on Saturday. Can anyone tell me the procedure to get the Experience letter from RTA for Canada?
Will it be the same which now RTA is issuing for insruance purpose or it will be something else..

Thanks...

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Vigilant said:
Hi All,

I got International Driving License from Dubai on Saturday. Can anyone tell me the procedure to get the Experience letter from RTA for Canada?
Will it be the same which now RTA is issuing for insruance purpose or it will be something else..

Thanks...
RTA has one standard format. Take photos, EID , PP and AED. Takes about 10 minutes to get it done.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
akbardxb said:
RTA has one standard format. Take photos, EID , PP and AED. Takes about 10 minutes to get it done.
Thanks for reply.... :)
Do I need original passport to take with me? :O

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
hi,

anybody knows about ipvisa consultant here in dubai? is this company a real immigration consultant company?
please need the advise if anybody knows.

Thanks