Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Ali78 said:
Hi to all

Yesterday got PP request from Abudhabi. Thanks to all the forum members. Although I am not very regular here but the help provided on this forum contributed immensely in getting things understand and proceeding accordingly.

A small question if someone who is in same boat.

For submitting passports to abudhabi, kindly, pls confirm following procedure:

1- take 3 pictures of each person
2- put along with email , the pictures , and passport in envelope, pay to aramex for sending the passports to abudhabi embassy.
3- fill out return airway bill at the same time and pay for that too
4- wait for visa to come

I think total cost is AED 100 each per passport for sending and AED 30 for the package as per my inquiry with aramex. If anyone paid less kindly contribute.
Wow AED100 per passport?? I have never heard of this before. On return of passports, Aramex collects the money from you at time of delivery.

You also need to file out an information sheet (height, eye color, etc.) they sent you.

Regards,

hopeforfuture

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 May 2010
Med's Request
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
medicals expired May 2014 extended till May 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 10,2015
LANDED..........
hopefully mid March
Ali78 said:
Hi to all

Yesterday got PP request from Abudhabi. Thanks to all the forum members. Although I am not very regular here but the help provided on this forum contributed immensely in getting things understand and proceeding accordingly.

A small question if someone who is in same boat.

For submitting passports to abudhabi, kindly, pls confirm following procedure:

1- take 3 pictures of each person
2- put along with email , the pictures , and passport in envelope, pay to aramex for sending the passports to abudhabi embassy.
3- fill out return airway bill at the same time and pay for that too
4- wait for visa to come

I think total cost is AED 100 each per passport for sending and AED 30 for the package as per my inquiry with aramex. If anyone paid less kindly contribute.

Mabrook Ali U gave me hope as I am still waiting too from paris office good luck

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
rizmayo said:
Wow AED100 per passport?? I have never heard of this before. On return of passports, Aramex collects the money from you at time of delivery.

You also need to file out an information sheet (height, eye color, etc.) they sent you.

Regards,
AED 100 per passport ? What is this for ? Charges by the embassy or by Aramex ?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
AED 100 per passport ? What is this for ? Charges by the embassy or by Aramex ?
Embassy does not charge for passport stamping of immigrant visa.

May be the Aramex guy who gave this information was confused???????? ???

Regards,

qt

Mar 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

Would like to seek your insights about these 2 scenarios of mine:

1.2 weeks of landing would be enough to do all necessary landing stuff (ie opening bank account, sin application, etc)?

2.my wife's uae residence visa is expiring on march 7.if we will exit canada on march 5 and will be arriving in uae by march 6...will that cause any issue in the canada immigration side (outbound of canada) and in the uae immigration (inbound to uae)?

looking forward for your inputs.

big thanks!

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
qt said:
Hi Guys,

1.2 weeks of landing would be enough to do all necessary landing stuff (ie opening bank account, sin application, etc)?

2.my wife's uae residence visa is expiring on march 7.if we will exit canada on march 5 and will be arriving in uae by march 6...will that cause any issue in the canada immigration side (outbound of canada) and in the uae immigration (inbound to uae)?

big thanks!
With an expired residence visa, she will not be allowed to board a flight for the UAE, so you may want to keep a couple of days margin for bad weather, flight delays etc.

I understand 2 woks is ok for basic work, just your PR cards will not arrive before you leave. We are also planning a two week landing, InshaAllah, in April.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
qt said:
Hi Guys,

big thanks!
Considering the new law that is being presented in parliament. I would advise you against making this 2 week trip.

If you have time on your visa, wait to see what part of the law is finally implemented. You may end up loosing your PR if you are unable spend a certain amount of days in Canada this year (wait and see what is finally passed from
Parliament )

Regards,

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
rizmayo said:
Considering the new law that is being presented in parliament. I would advise you against making this 2 week trip.

If you have time on your visa, wait to see what part of the law is finally implemented. You may end up loosing your PR if you are unable spend a certain amount of days in Canada this year (wait and see what is finally passed from
Parliament )

Regards,
Where can I read more about this ? Woukd you know the timelines for this proposal?

If this is true it is going to be tough and we may even consider dropping the idea altogether as it is near impossible to wind up a 15 year old life here in a month, settle our loans , throw up a good job, and move lock stock and barrel; and I haven't even received my stamped passport yet after over two weeks in LVO.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
Where can I read more about this ? Woukd you know the timelines for this proposal?

If this is true it is going to be tough and we may even consider dropping the idea altogether as it is near impossible to wind up a 15 year old life here in a month, settle our loans , throw up a good job, and move lock stock and barrel; and I haven't even received my stamped passport yet after over two weeks in LVO.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-02-06.asp

Read through all the related links on this page as well. This is not the end of the world and cancelling you immigration because of this is extreme. I would suggest that you wait and see what the expiry date of your visa is (this means you can, wait till this time before entering Canada). This way you can plan a more optimistic trip to Canada, that will add up to your days required for citizenship.

Also It seems that this legislation, is not proposing any changes to residency requirements. Therefore you can still renew your PR card if you stay in Canada off and on for a total of 2 years in period of 5 years.

At this stage this is only a proposal and what is passed by parliament might be different.

Regards,

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
I hope I am correct but in my opinion,
these new proposals are not for "Permanent residency" and PR rules/laws remains as it is. The new proposals are related to granting of Citizenship and duration of stay related to that. It also says about revocation of citizenship in certain "extreme" cases + some other matters i.e. immigration consultants' fines etc.

Hence it seems even if the law passes it won't have any bearing on the PR rules & consequently our intended first landing plus time spent during that.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Dear All,

I went through medicals today. My medical form was manual and the staff there told me that they will send my results to Dehli Visa office after 5 days... :O
My visa office is London and I got the medical instructions from there so why should my result to be sent to Dehli? I asked the same question and they said from August 2013 they are sending results to Dehli instead of London as LVO shifted from one place to another.
Any one else experienced the same??

Thanks..

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Vigilant said:
Dear All,

I went through medicals today. My medical form was manual and the staff there told me that they will send my results to Dehli Visa office after 5 days... :O
My visa office is London and I got the medical instructions from there so why should my result to be sent to Dehli? I asked the same question and they said from August 2013 they are sending results to Dehli instead of London as LVO shifted from one place to another.

Thanks..
Sir

Best of luck

murugan426

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
CHENNAI
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3131, 0113
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2010
Doc's Request.
30-09-2010
AOR Received.
30-09-2010
IELTS Request
14-05-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2014 EXPIRY 26.06.2014
LANDED..........
qt said:
Hi Guys,

big thanks!
thanks guys,

myself working in Dubai looking for two weeks landing in Toronto/Calgary in may to get procedures to be done...

pls need your help and advise...

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Vigilant said:
Dear All,

Thanks..
Results always went to New Dehli. IOM creates these confusions unnesissirly, because staff is not informed properly.

CIC has only 3 regional medical offices in the world and New Dehli is one of them. All medicals for this whole region go there. New Dehli is the one who will pass your medicals (not IOM, like they keep telling people).

Regards,

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vigilant said:
Dear All,

Thanks..

Hello. Which clinic did you go to for medical?
At the moment, there are only 2 accredited clinics in Dubai & 1 in Sharjah. In terms of service & how fast they send results to visa office, which would you recommend? Thanks in advance for your feedback.