23-11-2014
Passport Req..
11-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-03-2015
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH SOON....
hi all!!
read in cic site tht we need to have exp in last 10 yrs to b eligible under fsw....what if we worked within last 5 years but if the company has closed..and we didnt work after tht??? r we sill eligible to apply??

Regards
Fatima

sam4ca

Mar 9, 2013
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Interview........
Not interested
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
wow
I too made draft from ADCB

:)

qamar0002 said:
It is " The Receiver General for Canada" and draft can be made from ADCB also

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
quarlahquion said:
SERIOUSLY????? i can do that? like how? ??? ???
You can threat only via police if any cheque is bounced
Otherwise you need to file a court case which is a Long process
If you are sure about your right and as per agreement you can receive money then discuss it with a lawyer and run your case via lawyer and make a deal if you win, then a fix % will be the fee of lawyer
And if no lawyer is willing to take your case then please forget it and get what ever your consultant is offering you without any problem. This is my personal view and you should make your own decision before go ahead for any legal steps...

venmal77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2009
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear all

Skype calls from UAE—too good to be true? (un blocked)

http://www.bellevision.com/belle/index.php?action=topnews&type=5721

Skype calls from UAE—too good to be true?

DUBAI, 06 April 2013: Download, register, buy your credit and chat away as you please on Skype. But wait a minute.
This seemed to be the shockingly pleasant news UAE residents woke up to on Friday and social media was soon abuzz with the question — have etisalat and du, the country’s two telecom providers, indeed, unblocked the service?

Although the free video chatting and Internet-to-phone pay services were accessible on both firms’ networks, confusion prevailed later in the day when the providers refused to comment and etisalat’s social media posts were withdrawn.

People were glued to their computers in the morning to see it for themselves after the news spread like wildfire, backed up by a message supposedly posted by etisalat on social media channels such as Twitter that UAE residents could now officially log on to Skype and buy credit to make international calls.

“@EtisalatUAE: The long awaited app is finally available for all, Enjoy calling your long distance friends,” the post declared before it was deleted.

“Wow! Good news! Nice! Finally! What about Viber?” were some of the comments posted by elated customers on the social media channels.

“Hi, has etisalat unblocked Skype? What about Google Voice, Facetime, iMessage and BB calling services? Are they all unblocked?” this reporter posted on etisalat’s twitter account, to which the company replied: “Hello, kindly note that they are not unblocked.”

“What about Skype? There was an etisalat message on the social media that Skype has been unblocked? Is Skype unblocked now?” we asked specifically, to which the telco said: “Yes it’s unlocked.”

Skype was, in fact, accessible, downloadable and useable on the etisalat network on Friday and people welcomed the decision to free up the service, whether official or not.

“We all know some people have been using the Skype service on laptops and PCs that came with the app pre-loaded. So people who have been using it discreetly can now rest assured that the law will not catch up with them. The nagging guilty feeling also won’t be there any more,” one resident commented.

Others wanted the much popular Google Voice and FaceTime unblocked.

“The Google Voice paid-calling service is much clearer than Skype. Unfortunately, that service is still blocked in the UAE. If Skype is unblocked, why not Google Voice?” Rejith Raveendran, a Sharjah resident, wondered.

S. Reddy, who almost every day keeps in touch with his family back in India, said: “There is no reason to block FaceTime on Apple devices as it’s purely an interaction from Internet to Internet and doesn’t infringe on the UAE policy of not letting voice calls go from the Net to mobile networks. Facetime is a free facility available on Apple devices but denied to Apple customers in the UAE.”

Contacted by Khaleej Times, etisalat and du said they would get back on such questions later.

Both etisalat and du have already entered the VoIP market, without any fanfare, with cheaper calling cards. Media reported earlier this year that etisalat’s five calling card offers discounted call rates to Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Sri Lanka for as little as 40 fils per minute. Users can also make calls to other countries at normal rates.

Officials had warned earlier that etisalat and du would have to hike the cost of local fixed line calls if Skype and other VoIP-based service were to allowed in the UAE, so the question that bothers customers at the moment is — will the telcos increase rates if such services come to hit their bottom line?

ALL MIS WILL
VENMAL

venmal77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2009
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEAR ALL

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-article-display-1.asp?xfile=data/nationgeneral/2013/April/nationgeneral_April36.xml&section=nationgeneral

UAE and Canada restore visa regime to boost ties

Staff Reporter / 2 April 2013

The UAE and Canada have restored their former visa regimes to allow ease of travel, after restrictions were introduced when relations between the two countries cooled in 2010.

The move was announced when UAE Foreign Minister Shaikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird issued a joint statement on Tuesday, which also stated the two countries would work to ensure the security of the region, sending a specific message to Iran to cooperate with the international community. They also announced a new joint business council will soon be established.

The third goal announced in the statement was an impending nuclear cooperation agreement, all calculated moves to re-energise the Canada-UAE relationship.

His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, received Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs John Baird in Dubai on Tuesday. They discussed economic relations between the countries. Shaikh Abdullah attended the meeting. — Wam

The pair, who visited Abu Dhabi Mall's Canadian-owned chain Tim Hortons cafe, said in their statement the goals would be formalised in the next few months.

“We will be working to formalise this in the next few months and the details will follow from (Shaikh Abdullah's) formal announcement that we return to the previous visa regime that pre-existed the challenging time in our relationship,” Baird told a teleconference from Abu Dhabi, according to a Wam report.

Canada's Public Safety Minister Vic Toews met Lt.-General Shaikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, in February to share knowledge about law enforcement and security, and agreed Canada and the UAE would strengthen cooperation on police, corrections and border matters, including training opportunities.

“We have taken action together to support stability in the Middle East, and we share deep concerns about prevailing forces behind threats to stability in the region. We are committed to working together against nuclear proliferation, and we call on Iran to address concerns surrounding its nuclear programme by cooperating fully with the international community,” the statement read.

“The international community must act effectively and responsibly to address threats to regional stability, including the brutal actions of the Assad regime against the people of Syria. Canada and the UAE will look together at the principal threats to regional security, and work closely in strengthening stability during the transitions in the region.”

Meanwhile, nominations for the co-chairs of the new Canada-UAE Business Council (CUBC), to be inaugurated in May, include Abu Dhabi National Energy Company vice-chairman Abdulla Saif Ali Slayem Al Nuaimi and Royal Bank of Canada president Gordon Nixon.

“The CUBC will identify opportunities to enhance our commercial relations, advancing the private sector's ability to secure new opportunities.”

The statement said the countries were at a regional and global “historic crossroads” with an opportunity to promote prosperity, security and development and extinguish the threats posed by extremists, conflict and poverty.

“It is essential for Canada and the UAE that we continue to build our strategic partnership for the future.”

There are about 40,000 Canadians living in the UAE, while more than 150 Canadian companies have their regional bases in the country.

sarah @ khaleejtimes.com

ALL IS WELL
VENMAL

pokanad

Feb 25, 2013
Hi All,

I am a Dubai resident for now :) I landed in Canada in June 2011 but came back to Dubai after a month and now I am going to Canada - toronto specifically in july this year to settle there.

It is a great time to avoid some UAE heat :) I am sure you know what I am talking about :)

I need some help from people who are already there:

- I am thinking of shipping new furniture and electrical appliances to furnish my house there! is it a good idea? is it worth it ? any suggestion about shipping co ? and do you think i will have to pay taxes or i will be considered as a new settler.

- When we landed we took with us a small amount of money that we declared and we opened an account with RBC but now we are taking a bigger sum as we will be living there for good. will this be taxable ?

- any idea about daycare for a 1 year old and a 3 years old: timings, prices.. and as a non working new comer is there any grant or support that i can get to cover this cost ? (other than child benefit)

Thanks all in advance!

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Can I ask my friend to Make a CAD$ Bank draft in my name, meaning I will be the beneficiary but he will be the issuer, Will this have any adverse effect, while showing this Draft as Proof of Landing or while depositing it into my New Bank account in Canada.

The reason to go through this route is that In case some complication arises with Bank draft my friend can resolve it here, since he will still be in Dubai and had initiated the draft. where is in case i make it from my bank account i will not be able to do any thing since I will be out of Dubai and would not be able to come back without visa.

Any one who has done it, or is from banking back ground can comment / advise on this course of action.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
dear hamsafer, u r right, if the DD maker is your relative and u believe on him/her, then it is the best solution for POF and not for the RPRF. I hope u have alredy paid RPRF. NEKEOL

humsafar said:
Can I ask my friend to Make a CAD$ Bank draft in my name, meaning I will be the beneficiary but he will be the issuer, Will this have any adverse effect, while showing this Draft as Proof of Landing or while depositing it into my New Bank account in Canada.
Any one who has done it, or is from banking back ground can comment / advise on this course of action.

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
humsafar said:

The reason to go through this route is that In case some complication arises with Bank draft my friend can resolve it here, since he will still be in Dubai and had initiated the draft. where is in case i make it from my bank account i will not be able to do any thing since I will be out of Dubai and would not be able to come back without visa.

No need to make draft via any friend / relative...99.99% you will not face any trouble
in which you have personal account...if it is a famous one then there is no problem :)

RajeevPillai

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2009
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
pokanad said:
Hi All,

I am a Dubai resident for now :) I landed in Canada in June 2011 but came back to Dubai after a month and now I am going to Canada - toronto specifically in july this year to settle there.

It is a great time to avoid some UAE heat :) I am sure you know what I am talking about :)

I need some help from people who are already there:

- I am thinking of shipping new furniture and electrical appliances to furnish my house there! is it a good idea? is it worth it ? any suggestion about shipping co ? and do you think i will have to pay taxes or i will be considered as a new settler.

- When we landed we took with us a small amount of money that we declared and we opened an account with RBC but now we are taking a bigger sum as we will be living there for good. will this be taxable ?

- any idea about daycare for a 1 year old and a 3 years old: timings, prices.. and as a non working new comer is there any grant or support that i can get to cover this cost ? (other than child benefit)

Thanks all in advance!
Are you crazy to leave Dubai and settle in Toronto?

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Hi

Appreciate if someone can provide his / her feedback on the usefulness of programs conducted by CIIP. Thanks.

Also any idea how many sessions are held during the year?

http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/index.php/about-ciip?lang=en-GB

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
May2010applicant said:
Hi

Appreciate if someone can provide his / her feedback on the usefulness of programs conducted by CIIP. Thanks.

Also any idea how many sessions are held during the year?

http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/index.php/about-ciip?lang=en-GB
It is a good orietnation program. they generally link you to some agencies in Canada. that's all. I didnt see any real benefit.

pokanad

Feb 25, 2013
RajeevPillai said:
Hahaha well kinda :) I love Dubai but I need a good nationality cause my country is (most of the time) in political issues and UAE, as you know, is only a temporary place to live cause when you stop working your visa is canceled and no benefits, insurance...
So now I appreciate a help with the points raised in my previous post!

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
You have completed ur process !....and passing this statement !

RajeevPillai said: