Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
denDbest said:
Dear Seniors,

Hi, we are family of 3 and planning to land in Canada on May.
would like to know if I landed firts in Canada and my wife and daughter will follow on October. will they need to bring to them another bank draft? how about the COPR?

Hope somebody can answer and help.. thank You
No.
Demonstration of Settlement Funds is for the PA 'only'.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Nomen007 said:
Dear Mr. Qorax,

Thank you very much for clearing my previous query. Could you or other seniors advice on the below?

1. Should the salary necessarily be mentioned in the Experience letter, as in my case I have two experience letter (from HR mentioning only position and from the dept. head which explains my job description) received at the time of leaving the company, but there was no salary mentioned in the letter, but I have offer letter in which the salary was mentioned.
2. I had temporarily worked in a company for 3 months while I was on visit visa, salary received in cash but no offer letter/experience letter available. Therefore, I should mention this in the application?
3. I do not have payslip for my previous companies available therefore, can I attach online bank statement copies as proof of salary transferred?
4. During my work, I was promoted from assistant to executive level but I could not find any document stating so, will it raise any question?

Sorry for my longer words,
Thank you,
nomen007
Hi,

1. No, not required.
2. No. W/out any documentation - How do u prove it?
3. They r not asking for it -- but if u had - it'd strengthen ur file. However, having as much as documentation of the current (or last) job helps.
4. No issues - but why do u have to mention that?

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Abuelyas said:
Dear Captain,
Thank you. It seems that this matter of POF is by no means easy, especially in my situation. Even Canadian Dollars are very rare here in Oman. I have been in the hunt for cash but in vain, plus the rates are extremely high reaching OR 0.419 for 1 Canadian Dollar.
Captain, can I take US Dollars instead?
Millions tahnks
Yes, u can.

jmora

Star Member
Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NA
SusanGeorge said:
Check for deals from Turkish Airways..its an amazing flight. Also you may find good deals in Cheapoair
thank you Susan. My question was which time of the year the flights will be the cheapest to Canada from Dubai. Will you happen to know?
Appreciate the help.
Thanks again.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jmora said:
Dear friends,

I am thrilled to inform you that today I got my passports through Aramex from London CHC.

It took me around 1.5 years from the day I filed the PR application till I got the visas in my hands.

I'd like to take a moment and express my deepest appreciation and thanks for all of the forum members who were of tremendous help throughout this time.

for those who are waiting, don't lose it now and be patient, it will surely pay off.

we are planning to land in a few months.

For this, what is the time of the year when tickets to Toronoto will be the cheapest from Dubai??
Congrats!

-The period/s away from the Holiday Season/s is usually cheaper (summer vacations & winter vacations).
-And booking in much advance (3-4 months ahead) always helps.
-From Dubai, KLM &/or BA usually r the cheapest (though 23kgs CIB/person).
-Etihad, off-n-on, offers many promotions (u get 23kgs x 2 CIB/person here, and a 'direct' flight - though a headache for kids & smokers).

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ramzy2277 said:
Dear Qorax,

I checked with the HR of the company i recently joined,asking about my uae residency visa processing ,they said it might take 3 weeks, and I since i got my PPR just yesterday I am afraid that I cant make the 30 days timeframe to give my passports so is it possible to send an email to lvo asking to extend the period further. is that possible....?

regards
Yes, it's possible.
However, retrieving the pps from this new employer now & getting it stamped with the PRVs - then returning it to them for UAE residence - is a wiser option.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Dear Experts

What address and phone number i should give on PR application that i have to submit on landing? I have no friend on relative in Canada. Can i give hotel address and phone?
Is it possible to buy a SIM as soon as you land? Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zeeshee said:
Dear Experts

What address and phone number i should give on 1)PR application that i have to submit on landing? I have no friend on relative in Canada. 2)Can i give hotel address and phone?
Is it possible to 3)buy a SIM as soon as you land? Thanks
Hi,

1. If u r talking about the "PR Card's Application Form" -- it is not required. It'd be filed automatically/online by the BSO@the airport using the Canadian address that u give him/her.

2. Yes, u can give them a hotel's address (w/out naming the hotel & having ur name instead in the first line) and their tele No.

3. Yes. U can purchase a SIM card anytime/anywhere by providing ur Cr. Card details & a Canadian Address.

Qorax

denDbest

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-12-2011
Med's Request
06-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-11-2012 sent 14-11-2012, received 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012 received 13-12-2012
LANDED..........
09-May-2013
Dear Qorax,

We are planning to land on May in Edmonton but we are only staying for 2 weeks just to complete the landing formalities and come back again here in UAE. I'd like to know, would it be a problem for us if we will not receive our PR card personally? Can someone else receive it and send to us via courier?
Hope to hear your advice.

Thanks ;)

Nomen007

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,

1. No, not required.
2. No. W/out any documentation - How do u prove it?
3. They r not asking for it -- but if u had - it'd strengthen ur file. However, having as much as documentation of the current (or last) job helps.

Qorax
[/quote]

Thank you for your advice Mr. Qorax,

Title of job in the experience letter mentioned is differ from the offer letter, so I thought.

Regards,
Nomen007

LKetchup

Oct 16, 2012
Dear Quorax, Biju and Other seniors.

I have been following this thread for a while. I would appreciate if u can advice/ suggest to me.

1.I did my landing in may 2010, in Toronto, I have only applied & received my PR card can i now move permanently to Calgary instead of Toronto.

2. I had not applied for any SIN or any other formalities can apply for this in Calgary

3. As I not filed any income tax ever, are my kids aged 9 & 11 entitled to child welfare allowance , I have to declare my previous year income , what should I declare ?

4. My family intends to relocate to Calgary in March, I will follow later in a years time. But I will not be able fulfill my 2 years status out of 5 years. Can I get my PR extended to fulfill the requirement.

Thanks in advance for ur reply.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
denDbest said:
Dear Qorax,

We are planning to land on May in Edmonton but we are only staying for 2 weeks just to complete the landing formalities and come back again here in UAE. I'd like to know, would it be a problem for us if we will not receive our PR card personally? Can someone else receive it and send to us via courier?
Hope to hear your advice.

Thanks ;)
Though that's against the CIC's advise -- many do so and successfully receive theirs overseas.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
LKetchup said:
Dear Quorax, Biju and Other seniors.

I have been following this thread for a while. I would appreciate if u can advice/ suggest to me.

1.I did my landing in may 2010, in Toronto, I have only applied & received my PR card can i now move permanently to Calgary instead of Toronto.

2. I had not applied for any SIN or any other formalities can apply for this in Calgary

3. As I not filed any income tax ever, are my kids aged 9 & 11 entitled to child welfare allowance , I have to declare my previous year income , what should I declare ?

4. My family intends to relocate to Calgary in March, I will follow later in a years time. But I will not be able fulfill my 2 years status out of 5 years. Can I get my PR extended to fulfill the requirement.

Thanks in advance for ur reply.
1. Yes, u can. As a PR u r free to relocate anywhere in Canada.
2. SIN is a federal documents -- thus can be obtained from anywhere.
3. Yes, they r eligible for CCTB from the day they relocate (for good) in Canada. U can mention ur overseas earning in the application form.
4. If u do not fulfill ur "residency requirement" - I'm afraid u might lose ur PR status. There's no way u can "extend" that.

Qorax

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
i sent updated forms +PCC in aug2011 but on 9/1/2013 i got req for photos +rprf +PCC+updated forms but no MR
when i shud expect MR
saleem

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 oct 2012 DM on 15 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
Normally these forms are requested with MR by LVO. but in some cases its been asked before MR. send all the requested document ASAP you will get the MR soon.
Make sure there is no mistake on Shedule A form lots of people gets there form back because of the gap.
so make sure its all filled well to avoid delay.

msaleem216 said:
i sent updated forms +PCC in aug2011 but on 9/1/2013 i got req for photos +rprf +PCC+updated forms but no MR
when i shud expect MR
saleem