Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
hi micham

As per the timelines at present, ur status should change to IN PROCESS by April/May 2011 After tht in 3-4 weeks u will receive either Addt documents request or MEds :D

Good luck always

biju

micham said:
hello
how long will it take for the status to be change into IN PROCESS.
I applied:
February 17, 2010
Received the following on
First AOR - March 29, 2010
File Transferred to VO - April 7, 2010
Full Docs Submitted: July 17, 2010
Second AOR - September 3, 2010 (letter dated August 2, 2010 from VO
with the scond file number)

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
Nadeem_jee said:
Waiting for my medical yet!!!!!!! Hope I could hear something good in new year!!!!!! I got my 2nd AOR in August!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Nadeem,

I know it is quite boring and irritating at times when the wait (for medicals request from CHC-VO, here) becomes a long and an unending yawn. :(

I would ask you to see my (2nd AOR is dated 25-06-2010 compared to yours of August, 2010) and some other members' timeline, which should pacify you that everything is OK and that you are in que. :)

Like you said, hopefully we all can hear everything 'good and pleasing' News in the New Year. 8)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Bestpal,

You are 100% right..... This wait is so boring irritating and so to more...... Hoping to hear good news for everyone on the forum!!!!!!!!!! London Office Wake Up

WAKE UP SID!!!!!!!!!! lolzzzzz

bestpal said:
Hi Nadeem,

I know it is quite boring and irritating at times when the wait (for medicals request from CHC-VO, here) becomes a long and an unending yawn. :(

I would ask you to see my (2nd AOR is dated 25-06-2010 compared to yours of August, 2010) and some other members' timeline, which should pacify you that everything is OK and that you are in que. :)

Like you said, hopefully we all can hear everything 'good and pleasing' in the New Year. 8)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

As per the CHC Official site ,the change for status from ''In Process'' to''Decision Made '' can be happened if :

''''DECISION MADE(A decision has been made at this point.)

1- Medical Results Received by CIC .We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.
2-Approval Status Determined .Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.
3-Permanent Residence Status Determined .If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence. .

My First Question is : I already made my Medical in Sep 2010 and submitted to CHC in London in Oct 1st along with the updated police report and demand draft fot the landing fees . Now it is almost 3 months and my application status in the Site ( E-CAS ) are not changed ( '' In Process '') .. is this normal ? is the site update are normally delayed?.

My 2nd Question is : is any case happened to anyone that he got his PPR and his status on the site of CHC still '' in Process'''

I really appreciate any help ...

Also note that i live in UAE and the visa office in London.. UK

Thanks and wish me good luck.

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bijupv007 said:
hi micham

As per the timelines at present, ur status should change to IN PROCESS by April/May 2011 After tht in 3-4 weeks u will receive either Addt documents request or MEds :D

Good luck always

biju
Dear All,

As per the CHC Official site ,the change for status from ''In Process'' to''Decision Made '' can be happened if :

1- Medical Results Received by CIC .We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.
2-Approval Status Determined .Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.
3-Permanent Residence Status Determined .If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence. .

My First Question is : I already made my Medical in Sep 2010 and submitted to CHC in London in Oct 1st along with the updated police report and demand draft fot the landing fees . Now it is almost 3 months and my application status in the Site ( E-CAS ) are not changed ( '' In Process '') .. is this normal ? is the site update are normally delayed?.

My 2nd Question is : is any case happened to anyone that he got his PPR and his status on the site of CHC still '' in Process'''

I really appreciate any help ...

Also note that i live in UAE and the visa office in London.. UK

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Faisalsaima said:
Thanks Mr.qorax,

you are v kind and helpful. excuse me for PM you but i am unable to directly reply to any one's post the website does not allow me. only i can post if i press Quote button. its my second day here in forum , i will learn slowly i guess. one question pls:

the list of occupations u have provided does not include my husband's profession . but on the website http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Welcome.aspx they have a vast list . i found NOC- 2175-A (Web developer ) in their.

So what is this list? should we consider this list or the HRSDC list?

Saima
The HRSDC List is about all professions of Canada - it has nothing to do with Immigration. For PR u have to file under one of the 'acceptable open NOCs' of CIC. As your husband's NOC is not 'open' - u cannot apply.

Qorax

Roop2010

Oct 17, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all i have some news to share with you ...please find it below ..and i hope this wont effect us ...

Canadians face pricey visa for UAE after spat
Dec 29, 2010 at 09:01 Views (18342)

By AP
OTTAWA - Canada's diplomatic dispute with the United Arab Emirates will cost travellers to the Gulf state as much as $1,000 in new visa requirements.

The new fees kick in this weekend with the arrival of the new year, and were announced this fall at the height of a dispute between Canada and the UAE.

A 30-day, non-renewable visa will cost $250, a three-month visa $500, and a six-month multiple entry will be $1,000.

The UAE, particularly its city state of Dubai, is major travel hub linking Europe, Asia and Africa.

Camp Mirage military base, outside Dubai, was the key staging ground for the Canadian Forces mission in Afghanistan before the UAE issued an eviction notice.

It followed the Conservative government's refusal to grant extra landing rights to two major UAE airlines.

The decision exposed divisions in Prime Minister Stephen Harper's cabinet.

Transport Minister John Baird led the charge around the cabinet table to deny extra landing rights to Emirates and Etihad airlines.

The decision to deny greater access to the UAE airlines was based on the assumption that Canadian airlines would suffer, particularly if preferential access were given to Toronto's Pearson International Airport.

That view was opposed by Defence Minister Peter MacKay, who was concerned the decision would negatively effect Canadian relations with one of its closest Arab allies.

MacKay has publicly stated that Canada has "work to do" in repairing its relations with the UAE.

The cost of moving the Forces' supply mission from Camp Mirage has been pegged at $300 million.

A spokeswoman for Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon indicated Tuesday the looming visa requirement would not change the government's decision.

"Canada is a sovereign nation, and we make our decisions based on what is in the best interests of Canadians," said Melissa Lantsman.

The UAE's ambassador to Canada could not be reached for comment.

Deputy Liberal Leader Ralph Goodale accused the Conservatives of botching relations with a strategically important partner in the Persian Gulf region.

"The cost of this is going right into the pocket books of individual Canadians and companies that make visits to and do business in the UAE," Goodale said Tuesday.

"It's obvious that stupidity and incompetence extracts a cost, and it's a cost this is coming home to individual Canadians."

The new rules will affect 25,000 Canadians living in the UAE as well as the 200 Canadian companies operating in the country.

The UAE is Canada's largest trading partner in the Middle East and North Africa with bilateral trade exceeding $1.5 billion, and with Canadian exports accounting for 95 per cent, according to the UAE.

Before the new visa, Canadians arriving in the UAE — widely considered to be the major airline hub in the Persian Gulf and Middle East — were given a rubber-stamped 30-day entry permit on arrival.

Canada was among 30 countries whose citizens did not require a visa to the UAE.

The new requirements allow for a 96-hour transit visa to be issued for travellers just passing through.

Emirates and Etihad airlines will offer an on-line visa application.

But people not travelling on those airlines or not staying in hotels will have to be sponsored by a family member, friend or business contact in country, who will then have to apply to the UAE's foreign ministry for the visa.

"Once visa approval is obtained, the sponsor will be required to transmit a copy of the visa by email or fax to the Canadian traveller, who will pick up their original visa on arrival in the UAE," says Canada's Foreign Affairs website.

Diplomatic passport holders will also have to apply for a visa in advance.

Recently, the UAE ambassador to Canada Mohamed Abdulla Al Ghafli said he was disappointed over the failure to secure extra landing rights for his country's airlines.

"Six flights per week does not service the economic needs of both countries or the potential for growth," the envoy said in a recent statement.

Regards
Roop..

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
Hey Khebra;

I have submitted my medicals in July and so far my status still shows "IN PROGRESS", so thats more than 5 months. I don't think they update it regularly, they are a bit slow in London office, as I haven't received my PPR yet, and according to several members on this forum their status changed to "DECISION MADE" only after they submitted their passports for stamping, so good luck to all of us who are waiting for PPR. Inshaa allah we all get it soon.

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
Thanks for that update Roop, so disappointing from Canadian side, as granting more landing rights would have probably secured more jobs and extra income to Canada, and in regards to Canadian airlines I don't really think they are doing well any way.

Roop2010

Oct 17, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Sihs ..

Yeah i completely agree with your views ..Cant help among these countries fight ...But i guess they should have increased the flights and increased the revenue .

Regards
Roop

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
khebra said:
Dear All,

Hi Khebra, its normal, my medicals were also done in Sept10, so still waiting for the PR.
So lets hope some good news in Jan11 !!

Best of luck to every one..!!

Cheers...

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
hi khebra

In ecase it will be "In process" once thy send meds, receive our med reports, send us PPR and till thy receive our passports. Ecase will Change to "Decision Made" once CHC stamps the visa and send us back the passports.

before tht in any time if it changes to "Decision made" is a bad sign and in most cases it means the application is rejected :(

so nothing to worry PPR rain will start whn the New year starts :D

Good luck and God bless

biju
khebra said:
Dear All,
As per the CHC Official site ,the change for status from ''In Process'' to''Decision Made '' can be happened if :''''DECISION MADE(A decision has been made at this point.)
I really appreciate any help ...Also note that i live in UAE and the visa office in London.. UK

Sihs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 June 2008
Med's Request
01 July 2010
Med's Done....
14 July 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 DEC 2010
VISA ISSUED...
17 FEB 2011
LANDED..........
Soon Inshaa Allah
zakout76 said:
hi sihs,
WHEN U SEND FULL DOCUMENT?
WHAT IS U OFFICE LONDON?
THANKS
I SENT FULL DOCUMENTS JAN 2009, MEDICALS JULY 2010, AND MY VISA OFFICE IS LONDON.

ymood

Dec 12, 2009
Dear Qorax,
I landed in Canada and returned back to Dubai after staying for 2 months. what taxes should I claim? and how to claim it from outside of Canada? Thanks.