VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Get2243 said:
Thanks nkalra......
:-( will wait...... :-X :-X :-X :-X
Hi Get2243

What is your status as of now ? Any progress ?

n0rn

Jun 10, 2014
I am actually based i Qatar but need urgent advice. I am assuming that some of the problems we have here in Qatar would also apply to Dubai. Have tried unsuccessfully to start a thread for Qatar based applicants!

My degree certificates, mark sheets etc are in German. I had them translated by a translation company accredited with the Qatar government. Sent these to WES and have received back the ECA - all good.

However, it seems to be impossible to get an affidavit from the translator. The translation is stamped with a sworn declaration that it is a true translation etc and signed by the translator, however this was not done in front of a commissioner of oaths or a notary so is not really an affidavit. The translation company keeps telling me that since they are accredited with the government here, an affidavit is not needed and in fact impossible here in Qatar. They tell me their other clients applying to Canada just get the translation stamped by the Qatar ministry of commerce and the Qatar ministry of foreign affairs and they have had no problems. The government ministries stamp in Arabic, do I then need to get the stamps translated as well? I have been searching for weeks and have been unable to find a commissioner of oaths in Qatar, only the consulates provide this service for their own citizens as I can tell. I am totally lost.

Same problem with getting certified copies. I paid QR500 (AED500) to have certified true copies made at the German embassy but the stamps are all in German and I only realized afterwards, that consulates are not on the list of entities that can certify copies for Canada. I could try the notary public here in Qatar if that would help but all stamps are only in Arabic. I guess my translation company just got lucky? I have no idea how to proceed. Please help!

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
n0rn said:
I am actually based i Qatar but need urgent advice. I am assuming that some of the problems we have here in Qatar would also apply to Dubai. Have tried unsuccessfully to start a thread for Qatar based applicants!

My degree certificates, mark sheets etc are in German. I had them translated by a translation company accredited with the Qatar government. Sent these to WES and have received back the ECA - all good.

However, it seems to be impossible to get an affidavit from the translator. The translation is stamped with a sworn declaration that it is a true translation etc and signed by the translator, however this was not done in front of a commissioner of oaths or a notary so is not really an affidavit. The translation company keeps telling me that since they are accredited with the government here, an affidavit is not needed and in fact impossible here in Qatar. They tell me their other clients applying to Canada just get the translation stamped by the Qatar ministry of commerce and the Qatar ministry of foreign affairs and they have had no problems. The government ministries stamp in Arabic, do I then need to get the stamps translated as well? I have been searching for weeks and have been unable to find a commissioner of oaths in Qatar, only the consulates provide this service for their own citizens as I can tell. I am totally lost.

Same problem with getting certified copies. I paid QR500 (AED500) to have certified true copies made at the German embassy but the stamps are all in German and I only realized afterwards, that consulates are not on the list of entities that can certify copies for Canada. I could try the notary public here in Qatar if that would help but all stamps are only in Arabic. I guess my translation company just got lucky? I have no idea how to proceed. Please help!

Why do you need an affidavit?

If the documents were issued in Germany then the German consulate is the correct authority to certify the translation into English or French.

Regards,

n0rn

Jun 10, 2014
rizmayo said:
Why do you need an affidavit?

If the documents were issued in Germany then the German consulate is the correct authority to certify the translation into English or French.

Regards,
Because the FSW guidelines specifically states that an affidavit is needed for all translations? And because the German consulate's certification will again be in German, not English, so requiring another translation etc etc?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
n0rn said:

legal translation from the legal translter in abu dhabi is more than enough and no need of affidavits I didi the same. u can send them color scanned copies, VO will agian verify ur documents, therfore dont worry and dont take tensions, send ur docs dont delay

safa.umair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
I applied for my husband through abu dhabi visa office he currently works in Saudi Arabia and is from Pakistan.

The status on my ecas currently states
1. Permenant residence application received: november 20 2013
2. Medical results received

Last correspondance with cic was in March 2014 from Abu dhabi we got the acknowledment letter of receipt and addictional doc request.

What does medical received indicate? When can we expect passport request?

Please help me out, thanks

yogi77

Apr 14, 2013
Hi to all,

I need some help, advise or opinion related to taxes. I landed as an Immigrant in Canada last March 23 together with my wife & our two daughters. My previous company in Dubai offered me a good package for my family and willing to re-hire me for two years only in order for me to still maintain our PR Status. We're considering to accept the offer with our main purpose of saving additional money that we will use for the downpayment (probably a higher percentage) in purchasing a house when we return here. We opened already a bank account here and planed to just wire-transfer my monthly net income from my dubai bank, or save it first in dubai and just bring it in a form of draft when we return to Canada. My question is this, are our monthly net income that we will wire-transfer will be taxed? or the total savings that we will bring with us when we come back will be taxed? How much percentage?

Hope somebody can share some information regarding my concern. Thanks in advance

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
yogi77 said:
Hi to all,

I need some help, advise or opinion related to taxes. I landed as an Immigrant in Canada last March 23 together with my wife & our two daughters. My previous company in Dubai offered me a good package for my family and willing to re-hire me for two years only in order for me to still maintain our PR Status. We're considering to accept the offer with our main purpose of saving additional money that we will use for the downpayment (probably a higher percentage) in purchasing a house when we return here. We opened already a bank account here and planed to just wire-transfer my monthly net income from my dubai bank, or save it first in dubai and just bring it in a form of draft when we return to Canada. My question is this, are our monthly net income that we will wire-transfer will be taxed? or the total savings that we will bring with us when we come back will be taxed? How much percentage?

Hope somebody can share some information regarding my concern. Thanks in advance
Total foreign income has to be declared, this means your total salary in UAE and not just the amount you send to Canada.

Normally with double-tax treaty if you are already paying taxes on your salary you only have to pay the difference (if any) or nothing at all to Canada Revenue Agency dependent on the tax treaty. However not sure how the no tax policy in the middle east works out. UAE does have a double tax treaty with Canada: http://www.fin.gc.ca/treaties-conventions/UAE_-eng.asp

Regards,

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Hi All,

Anyone knows or having experience of cancelled visa from Dubai or Abu Dhabi, asked questions about the Electricity Bills or Etisalat pending bills which were not paid or line is not disconnected.

NEKEOL

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
safa.umair said:
I applied for my husband through abu dhabi visa office he currently works in Saudi Arabia and is from Pakistan.

The status on my ecas currently states
1. Permenant residence application received: november 20 2013
2. Medical results received

Last correspondance with cic was in March 2014 from Abu dhabi we got the acknowledment letter of receipt and addictional doc request.

What does medical received indicate? When can we expect passport request?

Please help me out, thanks
medical line means your medical r accepted and no issue with the medical and valid for one year from the date they updated in VO GCMS. when they send u acknowledge from that date VO will start security screening which may take 6 - 12 months depends upon applicant to applicant.
theroe u should start waiting for the furhter process starting from October 2014

Suleman Aziz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
04-04-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-08-2014 In Sha Allah
Pls advice i have some gold items without receipts which are very old i bought it 15 years back or so i am going to include it in the list and will put todays value to it. Is it necessary to get it valued through jeweler or is it ok to mention myself i dont want to visit jeweler for this so need some experienced advice. Thanks

pithuda

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
10-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012 & 10-06-2014 (Remedical)
Interview........
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-06-2014 (PPR1), 27-06-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
26th July 2014
Hi Everyone,

after 4 years of wait, including 2 years wait after first medical, i finally got remedical request earlier this month. After medicals, i received a 2 step PPR today.
I have sent passport copies and updated information form today by email to London office (as per instructions).
Can anyone tell how long would it take to get PPR step 2 now? My PPR mentioned that in step 2, i will be asked to submit my passports to Abu Dhabi embassy for visa stamping.

Also, any recent posts on recent landing experiences and what all formalities are required before we proceed for landing? Or does the old post of qorax (2-3 years old post) with landing instructions is still valid?

Regards,

Suleman Aziz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
04-04-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-08-2014 In Sha Allah
Yes thats what I meant. Is dd sending is safe via dhl I dont hav any account in canada vank so how much time it take to open account and then clearing a dd in my name which I will take from pak

yogi77

Apr 14, 2013
rizmayo said:
Total foreign income has to be declared, this means your total salary in UAE and not just the amount you send to Canada.

Normally with double-tax treaty if you are already paying taxes on your salary you only have to pay the difference (if any) or nothing at all to Canada Revenue Agency dependent on the tax treaty. However not sure how the no tax policy in the middle east works out. UAE does have a double tax treaty with Canada: http://www.fin.gc.ca/treaties-conventions/UAE_-eng.asp

Regards,

Thanks much for this very informative link, it helps a lot... Cheers

yogi77

Apr 14, 2013
Hi again to all,

Can somebody here who have some information related to the new law on citizenship to be implemented next year 2015 can share to us some information that might help us in deciding. The new rule say that in order to be eligible to apply for citizenship, we need to stay as PR in Canada for 4yrs out of 6 yrs. This also include the requirement of 6months in every year of the 4yrs to be physically present in Canada... We landed last March 23, 2014 and planning to go back to Dubai temporarily for approximately two years until we come back on June 2016. In this case, we can still maintain our PR status but our eligibility to apply for citizenship will be prolonged for 2 years to 2021 (instead of 2019 if we will not go out anymore from the country). Am i right on this interpretation? Please correct me if i am wrong. Will our PR status will be affected by our plan to stay outside the country for 2yrs?... Another thing is about the 4yrs out of 6yrs new requirement for citizenship, is it required to be consecutive 4 years or can a gap in between the 6yrs is allowed? Thanking you in advance for whatever opinion you can share.