+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent SOP

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
Can anyone help me in writing a dual intent SOP?

I am applying for study permit and PR at the same time. How can I convince the officer that I will not stay illegally? Should I mention that if PR got accepted I will stay and if not I still have my ties in home country like family, house?

If anyone can share their SOP for dual intent I will be grateful.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Don't even think about saying that. You will be rejected asap. What's the point of applying for a study permit if you want to live in Canada permanently?

Reactions: aspirant256

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
Don't even think about saying that. You will be rejected asap. What's the point of applying for a study permit if you want to live in Canada permanently?
If I don't reveal my intentions this would be a misrepresentation...how can I have one application for PR and in the other one I'm confirming that I'm returning back to my country..If this is discovered by any mean it will ruin both applications I guess.

The question is if someone was accepted with the same situation how did they convince the officer?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
If I don't reveal my intentions this would be a misrepresentation...how can I have one application for PR and in the other one I'm confirming that I'm returning back to my country..If this is discovered by any mean it will ruin both applications I guess.

The question is if someone was accepted with the same situation how did they convince the officer?
Canada has no issues with you staying legally, they only have issues if you stay beyond authorized stay. They want to keep international students giving them a route to PR, but that route has eligibility criteria hence not guaranteed. So, applying for both at the same time doesn't prove dual intent. Treat both of them separately. In the study permit, you have to clearly mention your intention to return.

trupti kongi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
This is just a suggestion - if your points for PR are not that great, then you can withdraw your PR application and the moment & submit only student visa application

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
This is just a suggestion - if your points for PR are not that great, then you can withdraw your PR application and the moment & submit only student visa application
He said PR, not express entry profile. If already received an ITA then points discussion is irrelevant. If there is no ITA then there is no dual intent.

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
I have already submitted PR application. Applying now for study permit because it PR will take long time and I a have already university acceptance to start in September. So I have to mention this in SP. But should I state my country ties as well my plan to return their if PR refused?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019

Like @aspirant256 mentioned, treat them as separate applications and a study permit; you have to show that you will for sure leave at the end of the stay.

Okay, read this from the VO perspective, " if PR got accepted I will stay and if not I still have my ties in home country like family, house" are you going to accept the application or reject it?

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
I would accept if there's a convincing alternative plan! not sure about VO perspective that's why I'm asking if people have experience with this issue.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Well, the VO wouldn't accept it. It is a study permit application; that's why I asked, what is the point of applying for a study permit if you want to stay permanently in Canada? VO is not rejecting because you have dual intent; VO will reject you because he/she/they will see you as not a bona fide student. For which it appears you are not a genuine student. Treat a study permit application as if you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
I read in this forum that people got approvals with dual intent so please if anyone "has experience" with this matter please share it.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Can anyone help me in writing a dual intent SOP?

I am applying for study permit and PR at the same time. How can I convince the officer that I will not stay illegally? Should I mention that if PR got accepted I will stay and if not I still have my ties in home country like family, house?

If anyone can share their SOP for dual intent I will be grateful.
If you are from first world countries dual intent might work. If from third world country you are setting yourself up for rejection.

Sep 21, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Applicante23 can you let us know did you get the Study visa with dual intent. I'm planning to apply for the same and am waiting for my PR application to be finalized with FSW-o. TIA