+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent

Iammapplepie

Feb 5, 2020
I have already applied for PR. Acknowledgement recieved in December 2019.

I have been offered admission into university and class starts in august 2020.

Can I submit a study permit now under dual intent - what should I write in SOP about this. @bellaluna request if you could address this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you hoping to get PR and switch to domestic student before classes start? If so you need to talk to the school. Entrance requirements are usually different for domestic and international students.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have already applied for PR. Acknowledgement recieved in December 2019.

I have been offered admission into university and class starts in august 2020.

Can I submit a study permit now under dual intent - what should I write in SOP about this. @bellaluna request if you could address this.
You can apply for a study permit.

Iammapplepie

Feb 5, 2020
Are you hoping to get PR and switch to domestic student before classes start? If so you need to talk to the school. Entrance requirements are usually different for domestic and international students.
Yea - I spoke to them. Thanks. Have u done it before ? - what to write about PR in SOP?

Iammapplepie

Feb 5, 2020
Whatever you explained to us in your first post about your PR and admission but with more details.
Hi bellaluna, nice to see your reply. I've read your comments in other threads and found comfort.

So, in my future plans - is it okay to say that : my home country has lot of opportunities for my new post Masters domain. But, if PR is approved I will prefer working in Canada.

BigBoat

Mar 4, 2020
I just received my PGWP after my masters degree and also received a PhD offer at the same time. Can I apply for pr (under the Atlantic pilot program) and a study permit concurrently using dual intent? Classes for doctoral studies starts in Fall.

Any input or advice from members will be highly appreciated

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just received my PGWP after my masters degree and also received a PhD offer at the same time. Can I apply for pr (under the Atlantic pilot program) and a study permit concurrently using dual intent? Classes for doctoral studies starts in Fall.

Any input or advice from members will be highly appreciated
Most of the jobs tend not to be very high skilled have you found a job? Are your PhD studies in the Maritimes and in the same location as employment offer?

BigBoat

Mar 4, 2020
Most of the jobs tend not to be very high skilled have you found a job? Are your PhD studies in the Maritimes and in the same location as employment offer?
Hi canuck78:

Yes, the job is not high skilled. However, I intend to apply through the Atlantic International Graduate Program instead of Atlantic High-Skilled Program.
Alao, my program is not marine. I'm into humanities.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78:

Yes, the job is not high skilled. However, I intend to apply through the Atlantic International Graduate Program instead of Atlantic High-Skilled Program.
Alao, my program is not marine. I'm into humanities.
I am asking if your study permit involves a school in the Maritime provinces.