+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ds160 form for USA B1/B2 Visa application

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
From my experience, whenever you have time just log in and see if there is any closer open date. My first appointment was 10 months away, but i was keeping my eyes open everyday and luckily i got one November last year which was 3 weeks after i submitted DS160. Went for interview and got 10years Visa, expiring 2032.
Very nice.. did you get it on RTD?

Nancy17

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello,

I want to apply for US visa and filling out DS160 form. I don't have any plans yet but planning to go around Christmas with my sister to Newyork. I am in vancouver. There is a question about intended stay address and length of stay. What should i put in all these fields as we don't have any bookings yet. we will do once I get visa. Anyone can help on this one please? TIA

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Hi folks!
Today I had visa interview at us consulate Toronto. Everything was ok. I got approved. Most important documents:
1) Ds160
2) notice of decision (original)
3) photo
4) passport/travel document

They did not ask for any other documents. Like bank statements, hotel or flight reservations.
But I think the most important question what do you do for work? They ask this question to every single person.
Hello Brother

can you help me to fill DS160

I have Travel document and PR card.

#1) in Passport Type - should I select Other ?

#2) if I select other - There is window - Explain - What should I write in Explain ? ( can I ask to share what did you put in Explain ? )

#3) with Canadian RTD and PR - Canadian Permanent SIN number will be my National Identification Number RGT ?

Thank you in Advance and waiting for your valuable inputs

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello Brother

can you help me to fill DS160

I have Travel document and PR card.

#1) in Passport Type - should I select Other ?

#2) if I select other - There is window - Explain - What should I write in Explain ? ( can I ask to share what did you put in Explain ? )

#3) with Canadian RTD and PR - Canadian Permanent SIN number will be my National Identification Number RGT ?

Thank you in Advance and waiting for your valuable inputs
Good morning,
I just checked the ds160 form for you.
1) Other
2) I am a protected person in Canada. I have a refugee travel document.
3) Does not apply

My own answers for your questions. I had no problem during interview.

Reactions: betterlife999

PitObi23

Jul 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
I hope someone can help with this inquiry. My partner applied for a US B2 visa last week and was able to secure an interview date at the Calgary consulate for July 2025. I understand that to try and reschedule for an earlier interview date, we have to keep checking the portal for cancellations. My questions are:

1) Is there a limit to the number of reschedules we can do? I have heard rumors ranging from 3-5 reschedules an applicant is allowed before they are locked from any further reschedules on the portal. Does any one know if this true?

2) The consulate we applied out of is Calgary. However, if we find an earlier interview date at a different consulate/embassy (for example Vancouver/Ottawa), can we go ahead and schedule that earlier date? Is this allowable, or is it a practice frowned upon by consulate/embassy officials?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I hope someone can help with this inquiry. My partner applied for a US B2 visa last week and was able to secure an interview date at the Calgary consulate for July 2025. I understand that to try and reschedule for an earlier interview date, we have to keep checking the portal for cancellations. My questions are:

1) Is there a limit to the number of reschedules we can do? I have heard rumors ranging from 3-5 reschedules an applicant is allowed before they are locked from any further reschedules on the portal. Does any one know if this true?

2) The consulate we applied out of is Calgary. However, if we find an earlier interview date at a different consulate/embassy (for example Vancouver/Ottawa), can we go ahead and schedule that earlier date? Is this allowable, or is it a practice frowned upon by consulate/embassy officials?
Yes to both. No limit on reschedule and you can cancel after securing nearby appointment

Reactions: PitObi23

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
1)this one was same for me. İgnore it. I got approved.
2) I did not put any national id
Same thin happened with my friend he had valid usa visa he Been to usa in 2019 then he went his own country then he come Canada and apply his asylum but when he went last week again usa by car usa border officer told him He has no no idea why your visa got cancel but he says when I saw in system no problem in your visa my friend told him he had clean record he went to usa stay 1 month went back safely his home country without trouble so they let him go usa now we come back after one week without any problem do you think why they let him go usa if his visa was cancel any idea I think in future also he can go because if they did not stop him this time why they stop him next time ?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Same thin happened with my friend he had valid usa visa he Been to usa in 2019 then he went his own country then he come Canada and apply his asylum but when he went last week again usa by car usa border officer told him He has no no idea why your visa got cancel but he says when I saw in system no problem in your visa my friend told him he had clean record he went to usa stay 1 month went back safely his home country without trouble so they let him go usa now we come back after one week without any problem do you think why they let him go usa if his visa was cancel any idea I think in future also he can go because if they did not stop him this time why they stop him next time ?
I just saw this message:) yeah they revoked my visa and I got email from consulate. How your friend knows that his visa revoked?

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
I just saw this message:) yeah they revoked my visa and I got email from consulate. How your friend knows that his visa revoked?
When he went to check point of us immigration police stop both of us He just asked him if he ever his visa revoked he said not and after that my friend start laughing he said he was in usa for one month in 2019 after that ge travel europe Asia Australia newzeland turkey never had any bad record then officer laugh and he said just checking asked him to pay 6 dollars fees and enjoy usa Thas it .

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
So
When he went to check point of us immigration police stop both of us He just asked him if he ever his visa revoked he said not and after that my friend start laughing he said he was in usa for one month in 2019 after that ge travel europe Asia Australia newzeland turkey never had any bad record then officer laugh and he said just checking asked him to pay 6 dollars fees and enjoy usa Thas it .
So the visa is not revoked? Your friend said no because he didn’t receive any email. Looks like everything is ok.