+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ds160 form for USA B1/B2 Visa application

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi folks,
I am filling ds-160 for usa visa. A have a few questions which are confusing me.
1) Are you permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) above?
(I am thinking to say "NO" because I have no pr yet)

2) Passport/travel document type?
Should I say regular or others and explain it's a refugee travel document?

3) I need to put my visa number on the form. There are numbers starts with 2021 for me but it's not fit for the blank. There is also red numbers. I have no idea which one is visa number. Should I say I do not know?

Thank you.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi folks,
I am filling ds-160 for usa visa. A have a few questions which are confusing me.
1) Are you permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) above?
(I am thinking to say "NO" because I have no pr yet)

2) Passport/travel document type?
Should I say regular or others and explain it's a refugee travel document?

3) I need to put my visa number on the form. There are numbers starts with 2021 for me but it's not fit for the blank. There is also red numbers. I have no idea which one is visa number. Should I say I do not know?

Thank you.
1. The answer is NO
2. Other and explain
3. One in RED. ( one start with year is control #)

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Also the system is telling me that my nationality and travel document issued country are different. Should I just ignore it?

The country I came from I just renew my visa without interview.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Is it possible here too? My visa has been cancelled after I claimed as refugee. I got email. I did not use my visa from USA to Canada. I directly came to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it possible here too? My visa has been cancelled after I claimed as refugee. I got email. I did not use my visa from USA to Canada. I directly came to Canada.
Yes it is possible your previous visa was cancelled. Your immigration status has changed so your situation needs to be reevaluated by the US. Canada and the US share immigration information so it is not unusual for US visa to be cancelled after someone claims asylum in the US. If you are a protected person you can reapply for a US visa based on your new status, new ties (employment, home, etc.) and savings.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
If someone obtained a US visa and crossed the illegal border to claim asylum and eventually become a permanent resident of Canada. What are the chances of obtaining a new US visa if one reapplies

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
If someone obtained a US visa and crossed the illegal border to claim asylum and eventually become a permanent resident of Canada. What are the chances of obtaining a new US visa if one reapplies
That will be up to Visa officer based on the Notes attached to your profile after infopool. In most case, they will view as misrepresentation, since most of visa applicant use "tourism" to obtain US Visa but ending up crossing border illegally to Canada.

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Dear All
I received my RTD and now want to apply for USA Visitor VISA just to visit Time Square and Manhattan after few months ( No fixed Plan yet )
I got my eCoPR on April 18, 2023 and my PR card is on the way.

I want the guidance from the experts for US VISA
what are the key Points before and during applications
I never applied US Visa in past.

help in DS160 Form
- what to put in National Identification Number ? Can I Put my PR card Number once received ?
- What is Passport document number and Passport Book Number ?

General Help
- any current Job requirement ?
- is T4 valid of last year or Income tax filling with CRA is enough ?
- Funds to show in Bank etc
- Travel ticket and Itinerary is needed ?
- Reference in USA needed or No ? au such I don't have any
- any other Points to be consider

Thank you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All
I received my RTD and now want to apply for USA Visitor VISA just to visit Time Square and Manhattan after few months ( No fixed Plan yet )
I got my eCoPR on April 18, 2023 and my PR card is on the way.

I want the guidance from the experts for US VISA
what are the key Points before and during applications
I never applied US Visa in past.

help in DS160 Form
- what to put in National Identification Number ? Can I Put my PR card Number once received ?
- What is Passport document number and Passport Book Number ?

General Help
- any current Job requirement ?
- is T4 valid of last year or Income tax filling with CRA is enough ?
- Funds to show in Bank etc
- Travel ticket and Itinerary is needed ?
- Reference in USA needed or No ? au such I don't have any
- any other Points to be consider

Thank you in advance
Just warning you that it is taking over a year to get an interview at the US embassy in some locations. You can look for cancellations but don’t make any plans for the near future. No need to provideplane tickets or hotel bookings. Would provide your planned itinerary. Having a job and other ties to Canada will increase chances of approval. You should provide NOA, proof of employment and savings information. National ID would be your SIN#. Would put down RTD information and your home country passport information. Would attach a brief explanation of why you have an RTD and cant’t use your home country passport if possible.

Reactions: betterlife999

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Just warning you that it is taking over a year to get an interview at the US embassy in some locations. You can look for cancellations but don’t make any plans for the near future. No need to provideplane tickets or hotel bookings. Would provide your planned itinerary. Having a job and other ties to Canada will increase chances of approval. You should provide NOA, proof of employment and savings information. National ID would be your SIN#. Would put down RTD information and your home country passport information. Would attach a brief explanation of why you have an RTD and cant’t use your home country passport if possible.
Thank you buddy for replying in details.
Really appreciated
This forum is full of gems and nice people who take time and efforts to write their valuable inputs

It really helps.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi folks!
Today I had visa interview at us consulate Toronto. Everything was ok. I got approved. Most important documents:
1) Ds160
2) notice of decision (original)
3) photo
4) passport/travel document

They did not ask for any other documents. Like bank statements, hotel or flight reservations.
But I think the most important question what do you do for work? They ask this question to every single person.

Reactions: betterlife999

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Hi folks!
Today I had visa interview at us consulate Toronto. Everything was ok. I got approved. Most important documents:
1) Ds160
3) photo

They did not ask for any other documents. Like bank statements, hotel or flight reservations.
But I think the most important question what do you do for work? They ask this question to every single person.
Congratulations for USA VISA
Really appreciated your inputs

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Hi folks!
1) Ds160
3) photo

What was your timeline waiting for an interview? I have heard waiting time is long