+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ds160 form for USA B1/B2 Visa application

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, I need some advice. If anyone had same experience, please help me out. Thank you.

I lived in usa for 5 years, overstayed my h1b1 visa. Left usa for canada 2019, filed asylum in canada. now 4 years later I want to apply for usa tourist visa again but on rtd, ds160 form is asking if I ever stayed in usa, or ever had usa visa? if say yes, would it reflect my visa application?

Anyone had same experience, what did you put in your ds160 visa application? Advise please. Thank you
You need to say yes to that question.. you overstayed your visa in the US. If you say NO, that will be misrepresentation...

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi, I need some advice. If anyone had same experience, please help me out. Thank you.

I lived in usa for 5 years, overstayed my h1b1 visa. Left usa for canada 2019, filed asylum in canada. now 4 years later I want to apply for usa tourist visa again but on rtd, ds160 form is asking if I ever stayed in usa, or ever had usa visa? if say yes, would it reflect my visa application?

Anyone had same experience, what did you put in your ds160 visa application? Advise please. Thank you
Did you accrue any unlawful presence in the USA with your overstay ? Did you get a ban with this unlawful presence ? You do NOT want to lie on a US visa application. This can lead to visa denial, visa ban, or permanent ban from entering the USA. The United States Penalties are far harsher than Canada's and there is NO appeal

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Quick question, anyone applied for usa Visitor visa renewal? If you have send your application without an interview how long it take to receive your passport back?