+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving to canada to maintain PR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are ever planning to move to Canada? Are you a US citizen? H1B? The fact that you didn’t try and settle in Ontario could be an issue as well.

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
I left Canada at the age of 14, I want to go back to Canada, I am now 35. Obviously I’m too old to apply for a PRTD. I understand I have better chances in going through the US border. The question is how can my family come with me, my husband and 3 children. I want to live again in Canada and stay permanently. Help and guidance please.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I left Canada at the age of 14, I want to go back to Canada, I am now 35. Obviously I’m too old to apply for a PRTD. I understand I have better chances in going through the US border. The question is how can my family come with me, my husband and 3 children. I want to live again in Canada and stay permanently. Help and guidance please.
This question is inconsistent with your previous posts. Please explain.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/8165964/

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
Well I am constantly looking for a way to go back to Canada and someone told that I don’t have chances in going back as a Pr that’s why I was looking for other pathways. But I honestly don’t want to renounce my Pr

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
After that long of an absence, you have pretty much no chance of entering without being reported.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well I am constantly looking for a way to go back to Canada and someone told that I don’t have chances in going back as a Pr that’s why I was looking for other pathways. But I honestly don’t want to renounce my Pr
The real issue though still could be even if you manage to enter without being reported there is no guarantee your family would either be allowed in or allowed to stay for any period of time. Plus you could not even sponsor them for a couple of years until your residency obligation has been reset.

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
The real issue though still could be even if you manage to enter without being reported there is no guarantee your family would either be allowed in or allowed to stay for any period of time. Plus you could not even sponsor them for a couple of years until your residency obligation has been reset.
What should I do then? If I renounce and try by scratch I don’t have many chances through express entry, because of my age and education. I’m 35 and only have high school

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What should I do then? If I renounce and try by scratch I don’t have many chances through express entry, because of my age and education. I’m 35 and only have high school
Not much you can do except come to terms with the fact that there is little chance of being able to move to Canada.