+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving Licence

chandrar

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
HI,

I have India driving license with 10 years experience and UAE license with 2years. I am moving to Canada and want to take the abstract for the same. Can anyone tell me which is better to take UAE or India abstract?

If anyone has done the abstract procedure please tell me the instructions how and where to get and what documents are required and for how many months it is valid.

Also by taking international licence will there be any benefit.

regards,
Chandra

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
chandrar said:
HI,

I have India driving license with 10 years experience and UAE license with 2years. I am moving to Canada and want to take the abstract for the same. Can anyone tell me which is better to take UAE or India abstract?

If anyone has done the abstract procedure please tell me the instructions how and where to get and what documents are required and for how many months it is valid.

Also by taking international licence will there be any benefit.

regards,
Chandra
Indian license can't be exchanged for Canadian License. I think UAE's could be exchanged. Take abstract for both countries. This would show them you've good driving experience.

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
chandrar said:
HI,

I have India driving license with 10 years experience and UAE license with 2years. I am moving to Canada and want to take the abstract for the same. Can anyone tell me which is better to take UAE or India abstract?- Better to take Indian as you have substantial Indian driving exp. Get a letter from your Indian auto insurance company which will help in lower insurance premium.

If anyone has done the abstract procedure please tell me the instructions how and where to get and what documents are required and for how many months it is valid.Search one of my posts for procedure from Bangalore, India. Other RTOs in Bangalore have similar, if not same, procedure

Also by taking international licence will there be any benefit.Not at all. You can use your foreign DL for 3 months to drive here

regards,
Chandra