Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

As a new Permanent Resident (well, when I get the PR and move to Canada...),
where in Ontario can I take driving lessons?

And what are the procedures to apply for a Driver's License? Is the exam very difficult?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a list of approved driving schools here: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/approve.shtml

You can find the procedures here: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/index.shtml
Basically you start by taking a written test and vision test and get your G1 license or in some provinces called a learners permit. This license will only allow you to drive with another licensed person with you. If you go to a driving school, you can take the road test after 8 months and get your first probationary license (G2 license) and then you are supposed to practice for a year before you can take the advanced road test to get a full license.

vikman09

Mar 25, 2016
Good afternoon, I'm a (PR) permanent resident and I haven't apply for my driver's license I got my driver license from Mexico City but, I don't know if I can translated in English and prove it, that I have the experience driving.. I wonder if I have to do the G1 or I have to do the G2 if any body can help me please with this issue or answer I ready don't know I arrive to Ontario almost 2 years ago and I need to get my license for a better opportunities here in Ontario If someone can help me with this question please and thank you.

Best rewards.
Victor Garcia.
Happy Easter and god bless

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikman09 said:
Good afternoon, I'm a (PR) permanent resident and I haven't apply for my driver's license I got my driver license from Mexico City but, I don't know if I can translated in English and prove it, that I have the experience driving.. I wonder if I have to do the G1 or I have to do the G2 if any body can help me please with this issue or answer I ready don't know I arrive to Ontario almost 2 years ago and I need to get my license for a better opportunities here in Ontario If someone can help me with this question please and thank you.

Best rewards.
Victor Garcia.
Happy Easter and god bless
It seems that you waited quite a long time to do anything about your license. Experience you have may not be considered because you have not been driving for the past 2 years now. You should visit the nearest drive test centre to ask about your options. They may allow you to take the basic road test and get a G2 license. You can find a list of addresses of drive test centres here: http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/bookatest/Pages/LocationFinder.aspx

If they tell you that you are not eligible to take the basic road test at this point but must start with a G1 license and wait for 12 months, you can attend a driving school and cut your waiting time down to 8 months.

vikman09

Mar 25, 2016
Good morning, thank you very much, for your information, I really appreciate it, well next Tuesday I will go and ask and see what do they tell me, happy Easter and god bless again.

Best rewards.

Victor.