Driving in canada on a valid kuwait license

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hello Guys,

i am visiting canada next week for a period of 20 days. i have a valid indian and kuwait driving license. can i drive in canada with these licenses or i need to get an international license issued from kuwait.

Please throw some light on this as i m confused and need to rent a car from canada.

Regards
Ron

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
No you need an international driving license to be able to drive in Canada while visiting and I believe it's good only for one year.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hronaque said:
Hello Guys,

i am visiting canada next week for a period of 20 days. i have a valid indian and kuwait driving license. can i drive in canada with these licenses or i need to get an international license issued from kuwait.

Please throw some light on this as i m confused and need to rent a car from canada.

Regards
Ron
You can drive for up to 6 months on your license, but you may wish to get an International Drivers Permit, which s a not a license, but a translation of your home license.

"International driving licences are issued by the KT club for KD8/-, on presentation of a valid Kuwaiti driving licence, civil ID, car registration (daftar) and one passport-sized photograph."

KT branches are located in Shuwaikh, Fahaheel, and Jahra. The one in Shuwiakh is on 4th Ring Road, right opposite Safat Al-Ghanim [automobile showrooms in Rai]. The approach to this branch is through the road just before Sultan Center wholesale division. They are open Sunday to Thursday, 8am – 1pm and 4:30pm – 7pm. Call them on [965] 4832388 / 4832192 for more information

PMM

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Thanks PMM appreciate your inputs but i heard even near the Liberation Tower they take 10 KWD and give it to you there itself but if my current kuwait license is valild then why should i take the trouble of making an international driving license.

Regards
Ron

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hronaque said:
Thanks PMM appreciate your inputs but i heard even near the Liberation Tower they take 10 KWD and give it to you there itself but if my current kuwait license is valild then why should i take the trouble of making an international driving license.

Regards
Ron
It is a translation of your license and if you try to rent a car, you may have problems without it, but as always your choice to do what you want.

PMM

juliakellun

Jun 4, 2014
You will be needing an international driving license to drive in Canada and which meas just a translation of your home license.

nurseph

Jun 6, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 5, 2014
Passport Req..
June 6, 2014
juliakellun said:
You will be needing an international driving license to drive in Canada and which meas just a translation of your home license.
As far as I know you are allowed to drive up to 60 days using an International License, after that in Ontario you may get a Canadian Drivers License after a series of examination even on Tourist Visa.