+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driver's Licence from Ontario to Alberta

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hi everyone,

I will be moving from Ontario to Alberta end of August. I need to exchange my Ontario driver's licence to the Alberta one. I got my G2 in Jan 2017 and it will be expired in Sep 2018.

1. Should I do the G exam (full licence) in Ontario? or should I exchange my Ontario G2 to Alberta licence directly?

2. The 2 year driving experience (to obtain class 5 Alberta licence) counts from when I got my G2? or from when I get my G licence?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

drprajyot

Aug 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

I will be moving from Ontario to Alberta end of August. I need to exchange my Ontario driver's licence to the Alberta one. I got my G2 in Jan 2017 and it will be expired in Sep 2018.

1. Should I do the G exam (full licence) in Ontario? or should I exchange my Ontario G2 to Alberta licence directly?

2. The 2 year driving experience (to obtain class 5 Alberta licence) counts from when I got my G2? or from when I get my G licence?

Thanks in advance.
Hey man, I just came across this thread, I'm moving to Alberta in 15 days too, did they exchange your license?
I've got full G license

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
My friend just got a full Alberta licence with a G2 (how lucky!).
I ended getting an Ontario G licence. Will wait till Jan to exchange mine as I got my G2 in Jan 2017 (just wanted to make sure I can show 2 years experience).