+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw # 176, CEC @ 75

EkPatel

Feb 15, 2021
Posting on behalf of my friend :

She created single profile under CEC class and got ITA before 3 weeks(not accepted yet). After then, she created another profile with married status assuming she has a chance to get ITA in the next draw and score was 452 (unaware of the rules). So in draw #176 she was supposed to get ITA for the other profile, but she did not get it yet. Does anyone know if she could get ITA for other profile assuming the above situation or not ? Please advice ASAP. Thanks

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Friends, After long wait was able to log in . Had few questions and hoping would get some clarity.

1) I need to edit my profile , earlier i had mentioned that my spouse will not be accompanying me however now i want to add her as my score did drop by 4 points to 421 but still i am within the the cut off . I have been hearing different versions of how the immigration officer accessing the case would take decision for this situation . While some says as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and is within the cutoff score you are ok where as others mention they have become strict in this case and there is a possibility of rejection. Is there any suggestion or recommendation or anyone in the recent 6 months have gone thru similar situation then kindly help.

2) Also where do i add my spouse details is it when i start confirming the details in continue application under Application Type - Permanent Residency

3) I read somewhere that there will be a list of documents that i will tell you all the documents you have to upload is it after i complete the application mentioned in second point ?

A life time opportunity so dont want to miss this kindly provide your valuable feedback.

Regards
1) not that I experienced this first hand, but your permanent residence application gets locked at AOR not at ITA. So IRCC will assess your application based on what you submitted in your PR application and NOT when you were just a candidate in the EE pool. So as long as your CRS and eligibility are okay, should be fine

3) a checklist would show up once you completely answered all the questions. But you can refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html for the list of documents and required details for each.

Reactions: Miracle2018

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Need your advice. My younger brother created a profile last year based on the fact that Co-op would be counted as valuable experience. At the time we did not realize this only applied to FSW and not CEC. We only just found out. His profile categorized him under CEC and not FSW with 320 points and so he was invited to apply for a PR.

He had a high school diploma, was in the university but had to drop out for a year as we couldn't meet up with the fees, he later went to a college and whilst in the college, he got a very good internship as an Engineer with a top company for 1 year. This is what we filled as his one year experience. The company later offered him a part time role for an additional 9 months and just recently offered him a full-time role upon his graduation from college in April.

So the question is should he go ahead and submit documents? He's about to apply for his work permit in April after his graduation.

Should he wait for a year before applying again?

Are they more concerned with the co-op experience with a cut off of 75?

Can we risk it?

I would be grateful for your opinions and advice. Thank you!
Please read these links. My understanding is if the internship/Co-op was paid then it is counted as work experience however there are other conditions that need to have been met as well. So a question to ask yourselves is whether by the time he met the CEC eligibility last year, were all these other requirements met.

full time - 30 hours a week - for 12 months
or part time amounting to 30 hrs a week for 12 months or
working more than one job which amounts to 30 hrs a week for 12 months

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Student work experience
Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work:

casmopoly

Feb 13, 2021
Team, the EE profile was without spouse and score was at 436. I Switched non accompanying to accompanying spouse after receiving #176 Draw ITA and re-calculated score is now at 415. Since the cut off score is 75 ! Do any of you see any issue in this switch over? Please let me know ! Thanks in Advance

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Posting on behalf of my friend :

She created single profile under CEC class and got ITA before 3 weeks(not accepted yet). After then, she created another profile with married status assuming she has a chance to get ITA in the next draw and score was 452 (unaware of the rules). So in draw #176 she was supposed to get ITA for the other profile, but she did not get it yet. Does anyone know if she could get ITA for other profile assuming the above situation or not ? Please advice ASAP. Thanks
IRCC discourages having more than one profile. What your friend should have done is updated her original profile to indicate that she is married. Or she should have withdrawn it and created a new one. IRCC clearly states that if an applicant's situation changes e.g. their contact info, their address, their marital status e.t.c. e.t.c., these changes should reflect on the profile. Omitting important information such as dependants is serious.
I called IRCC today on behalf of my son who also was eligible for the draw 176 but has not received the ITA. They advised to give it till tomorrow after which we can contact them via a Webform if the ITA is still not received.
In your friend's case, the question is, if she receives an ITA based on her 1st profile where she indicated she is single, it might be treated as mispresentation if she adds on the application that she is married. IRCC clearly states that the Express Entry PR applications should match the information provided in the profile. If its her intention to include her spouse as her dependant, my advice is she withdraws the 1st profile ASAP and leave the one reflecting that she is married.

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Team, the EE profile was without spouse and score was at 436. I Switched non accompanying to accompanying spouse after receiving #176 Draw ITA and re-calculated score is now at 415. Since the cut off score is 75 ! Do any of you see any issue in this switch over? Please let me know ! Thanks in Advance
I guess some one answered exactly the same question on page no 37/38/39. Hope that helps. Infact probably the answer is 4 to 5 posst above your question :)

casmopoly

Feb 13, 2021
You might get an ITA, but if you look at your profile, IRCC clearly states that the information you provide in your application forms should match what is on your profile. It is possible the info you provided before you got the ITA was locked and when you lodge your application, IRCC may ask you why you did not indicate that you were married when you first submitted your profile. I think the only time they can accept such a change is if an applicant got married after they created their EE profile, however, IRCC has also clearly stated that if there are any material changes such as marital status, change of address, change of dependants, the profile should be updated.
Thanks for your reply : I had informed that I am married but I had chosen "No" for "Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada? " and this selection made my points to 436 & one interesting point in my case is they are with me in Canada and initially thought to send them back after I receive PR status.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Update: For fear of giving misleading advice knowing how PR is important to all of us, I googled. According to this immigration website, you are good to go.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Reactions: NOC98

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
Friends, After long wait was able to log in . Had few questions and hoping would get some clarity.

1) I need to edit my profile , earlier i had mentioned that my spouse will not be accompanying me however now i want to add her as my score did drop by 4 points to 421 but still i am within the the cut off . I have been hearing different versions of how the immigration officer accessing the case would take decision for this situation . While some says as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and is within the cutoff score you are ok where as others mention they have become strict in this case and there is a possibility of rejection. Is there any suggestion or recommendation or anyone in the recent 6 months have gone thru similar situation then kindly help.

2) Also where do i add my spouse details is it when i start confirming the details in continue application under Application Type - Permanent Residency

3) I read somewhere that there will be a list of documents that i will tell you all the documents you have to upload is it after i complete the application mentioned in second point ?

A life time opportunity so dont want to miss this kindly provide your valuable feedback.

Regards
Update: For fear of giving misleading advice knowing how PR is important to all of us, I googled. According to this immigration website, you are good to go.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

casmopoly

Feb 13, 2021
MsAniger , you deserve to be a 'Sirius A ' (brightest STAR) in this forum. Thanks a lot for your research and regards. However, do you suggest to take lawyers help to make the case more strong.

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
I met both FSW and CEC and find that there's no need to claim a score for FSW to avoid submitting support documents such as Employment Referent Letter, etc which I have to contact ex-company from my home country, very complicated! Do you know anyone who did this before?
Thanks in advance
i dont think you can avoid not including your home country experience. PR application form will ask you within 10years of your whereabouts without gaps and what are you doing in those 10yrs. That includes your experiences.

MsAniger

Dec 15, 2020
I met both FSW and CEC and find that there's no need to claim a score for FSW to avoid submitting support documents such as Employment Referent Letter, etc which I have to contact ex-company from my home country, very complicated! Do you know anyone who did this before?
Thanks in advance
If you get an ITA for CEC then it wont really matter if you do not have a reference letter from your former employer.