+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw # 176, CEC @ 75

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Canadian work experience need not exactly one year. You can combine both work experience and get 2 years. But if you get ITA in this draw, you have the option to claim points only for your work # 2 (1 year instead of 2 years) since your CRS will still be above cut off.
I got ITA in January, but if you say I can combine work experience, i believe I qualify for 2 years.

Reactions: sidharcher

Bauer$

Feb 13, 2021
Got an ITA. Is it okay that I accept the invitation before I had my 1 year work experience this Feb 24? Just got too excited and I check the applications.

Also what are the documents that we need to prepare?
When did you submit your application, was it after September 12, please share? I am not sure about the tie-break, thank you

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
My hubby got an ITA today with just 254 points. He created an EE profile in May 2020 when I did. I had higher score so I got an invitation in June 2020. We never never expected him to get an ITA. My PR application is still in process from July 2020. Never say never! But I guess he'll decline or do you think should I wait to see what the outcome of my PR application is? He has 90 days to submit.

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Since you mention that most of your experience is in Toronto, you could give it a try. Substantiate a letter of explanation with documents supporting your claims. You can upload it in optional documents while submitting application. As far as I know, even if they refuse with the Québec criteria in question, it will be a very fast decision. So, if you are almost into a 3-4 month period after submitting the application through CEC, you can have an assurance that it’s probably going in the right direction. Else, you might have to revert back to the QC path. I would suggest you could give it a try.
My experience in Canada is mostly in Toronto, was there in Montreal way back in 2015/16, also CRS was too high and couldn't make EE,
also CSQ was came very late after 4 years, and now going with CSQ PR will take another 2 years.
What should I do ? please advise .. any letter of explaination etc? am not strongly intended to live in Quebec though, almost no friend there all are in Toronto..

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Wow. Just wow. This is insane! It’s hard to believe but it’s indeed official. Congratulations to everyone who were benefitted by this historic round of invitations. Did they pretty much invite the entire pool?! #PoolParty

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
When did you submit your application, was it after September 12, please share? I am not sure about the tie-break, thank you
The tie break is only for those who scored 75 points. If you’re CEC, you’ll receive an invite as long as have a valid profile before the draw.

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

VishKini

Feb 25, 2019
With a 75 cut off score, any CEC applicant, regardless of their CRS, who received ITA in this draw just needs to submit their IELTS AND Canadian work experience letter and still get a CRS above the cut off at AOR. Makes it easier for the IRCC officer to verify.
@NOC98:

So, are you saying after we accept the invite, all we need to submit is my IELTS and a Canadian exp letter and nothing else?

Also, Congratulation to those who received their ITA!!

mohd97x

Jan 8, 2021
Hey Everyone,

I currently have 473 points under CEC and have declined the invitation twice in January and Feb 2021 due to various reasons.

I was waiting to get the invitation today to accept it but haven't received anything yet.

Was declining it twice previously a reason for not getting it today? Should i be worried?

Appreciate your help!

Thank you

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

Samawol

Aug 7, 2020
I am confused with the tie-breaking rule concept. For example-

A created a profile on May 12, 2020 and has a CRS point 100.
B created a profile on January 12, 2021 and has a a CRS point 400.
A and B qualify for CEC.

Based on todays draw, who will be invited? Both? Or preference will be given to the one who created before September 12, 2020 and scored above 75 crs point, which is only A?

mohd97x

Jan 8, 2021
Hi all,

I am in shock!!!
Can this be true, and If yes I have 445 CRS and applied in July 2020, why I haven't got any invitation.
Im the same as you. Applied in July 2020 and haven't got any invitation.

Any updates on your end?