+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

peterpan

Mar 16, 2011
qorax said:
1. Yes, trying to enter Montreal [a Quebec city] for 'landing' w/out an onward destination & address can prove hazardous for a FSW case. That Univ's docs of your son might be of some assistance -- but, u r looking @ many complicacies/confusions... and delays. Which could be better avoided.

2. Ottawa is the nearest POE... u might use that to enter Canada - & move to Montreal later. Remember, as a PR residing in Montreal isn't an issue -- but, 'landing' could pose challenges.

Qorax
Thanks Qorax for your prompt response.

Can I further ask - how long will each case be processed at the POE checkpoint? Must we provide the permanent address at this checkpoint for the mailing of the PR card? Also, normally how long will it take for the card to be sent?

Also, if we land in Montreal, and they do not want to process the landing forms, do we have to drive to Ottawa (which is the nearest POE) and go to the airport immigration counter to process the landing forms? Must it be processed at the airport?

Thanks again Qorax.
Rgds

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
peterpan said:
Thanks Qorax for your prompt response.

Can I further ask - how long will each case be processed at the POE checkpoint? Must we provide the permanent address at this checkpoint for the mailing of the PR card? Also, normally how long will it take for the card to be sent?

Also, if we land in Montreal, and they do not want to process the landing forms, do we have to drive to Ottawa (which is the nearest POE) and go to the airport immigration counter to process the landing forms? Must it be processed at the airport?

Thanks again Qorax.
Rgds
1. It takes around 20-30 minutes to complete the procedure@the BSO's desk + the wait pd, if any.
2. U may not provide the local address@POE. In such a case the PR card form won't be initiated -- which can be done later by faxing it.
3. The PR cards take around 40-45 days to come...@your mail-box.
4. Not necessarily@the a/port -- u can reach the nearest CIC office to complete the formalities too.

Qorax

res042010

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2009
Doc's Request.
21-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-01-2010
Med's Request
15 Aug 11
Med's Done....
21 aug 11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24 Sep 11
VISA ISSUED...
15 Nov 11
LANDED..........
Inshallah by mid 2012
Hi Qorax,

One of my friend mentioned his POE as Calgary, AB during PR application as he has relative's there. End of last year his relative's moved to USA form there and he decided to land in Toronto with help of another relative. At airport the lady IO asked him why.... Toronto? He mentioned the reason and the IO told him “Liar”. How will you clarify this?

Res042010

peterpan

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Qorax

I would sincerely like to seek your assistance for some further clarifications on POE.

1. Will it be ok if my son were to fly first and land at Montreal, but at the immigration, he indicates that I (the sponsor) will be coming at a later date and will land at Vancouver to do the POE processing, will this be acceptable to the immigration (they will then not process his PR visa, but wait till I have landed and bring him to the Vancouver for the processing)?

2. If (1) is not acceptable (as the sponsor will need to land with or before the dependents) if I were to land with my son at Montreal, and indicate to the immigration there that I will not be processing my docs there and will be flying back to Canada at a later date for the actual POE processing, will that be acceptable too?

Hope that you can assist in this.
Rgds
P

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
peterpan said:
Hi Qorax

I would sincerely like to seek your assistance for some further clarifications on POE.

1. Will it be ok if my son were to fly first and land at Montreal, but at the immigration, he indicates that I (the sponsor) will be coming at a later date and will land at Vancouver to do the POE processing, will this be acceptable to the immigration (they will then not process his PR visa, but wait till I have landed and bring him to the Vancouver for the processing)?

2. If (1) is not acceptable (as the sponsor will need to land with or before the dependents) if I were to land with my son at Montreal, and indicate to the immigration there that I will not be processing my docs there and will be flying back to Canada at a later date for the actual POE processing, will that be acceptable too?

Hope that you can assist in this.
Rgds
P
1. The IRPA regulation specifies the PA to land first or alongwith his/her dependants. The latter cannot do so earlier.

2. It's acceptable to 'enter' Canada thru a Quebec POE, but with a 'forwarding move' arrangement beforehand [eg. A/Tkts, Bus Tkts etc.]. Else, the BSO@POE might not let u in. Besides, w/out 'completion of the 'record of landing' if u leave Canada [for returning@a later date] - it's as bad as not landing@all within the visa expiry... your PRV becomes 'invalid' then... meaning: U have 'lost it'... and have to commence the full apps procedure once again.

Qorax

peterpan

Mar 16, 2011
qorax said:
1. The IRPA regulation specifies the PA to land first or alongwith his/her dependants. The latter cannot do so earlier.

2. It's acceptable to 'enter' Canada thru a Quebec POE, but with a 'forwarding move' arrangement beforehand [eg. A/Tkts, Bus Tkts etc.]. Else, the BSO @ POE might not let u in. Besides, w/out 'completion of the 'record of landing' if u leave Canada [for returning @ a later date] - it's as bad as not landing @ all within the visa expiry... your PRV becomes 'invalid' then... meaning: U have 'lost it'... and have to commence the full apps procedure once again.

Qorax
Thanks Qorax once again for your prompt response.

On your pt 2, I know that we have to land within the stipulated time period (1 yr fr med). Is it a must that the first time of landing after receiving your visa be documented as your first landing, and not another occasion at a later date eg 1 month later, even if it is still within the stipulated time period?

If my son were to land in Montreal and stay there for a year studying at McGill, will the BSO then deny him entry at immigration becos he has no plans in moving to another location?

Sorry again for the additional questions.
Tks
P

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
peterpan said:
Thanks Qorax once again for your prompt response.

On your pt 2, I know that we have to land within the stipulated time period (1 yr fr med). Is it a must that the first time of landing after receiving your visa be documented as your first landing, and not another occasion at a later date eg 1 month later, even if it is still within the stipulated time period?

If my son were to land in Montreal and stay there for a year studying at McGill, will the BSO then deny him entry at immigration becos he has no plans in moving to another location?

Sorry again for the additional questions.
Tks
P
U have to 'complete' your Record of Landing on the 1st entry into Canada... validate your PR visa/s, before returning... Else, how do u propose to reEnter Canada? That PR Visa is a 'single' entry one.

For your subsequent entries u require your PR card/s... and if u r a PR, u might fetch a PRTD... but if u haven't done your 'record of landing' - u aren't a PR, so there's no question of getting a PRTD too.

Qorax

peterpan

Mar 16, 2011
qorax said:
U have to 'complete' your Record of Landing on the 1st entry into Canada... validate your PR visa/s, before returning... Else, how do u propose to reEnter Canada? That PR Visa is a 'single' entry one.

For your subsequent entries u require your PR card/s... and if u r a PR, u might fetch a PRTD... but if u haven't done your 'record of landing' - u aren't a PR, so there's no question of getting a PRTD too.

Qorax
Thanks again Qorax for your prompt response. In this case, I will probably land in Ottawa and complete my documentation, then drive to Montreal.

Question will be: if I give a permanent address in Montreal for sending of my PR cards while at Ottawa, will that raise an issue? If so, I will have to get a relative address in Toronto for the sending of the PR card.

Rgds
P

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
peterpan said:
Thanks again Qorax for your prompt response. In this case, I will probably land in Ottawa and complete my documentation, then drive to Montreal.

Question will be: if I give a permanent address in Montreal for sending of my PR cards while at Ottawa, will that raise an issue? If so, I will have to get a relative address in Toronto for the sending of the PR card.

Rgds
P
Good choice...

Harlish

Nov 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Guys,

Lots of us have got the visa/s lately [2010]. And we are now having some doubt about our 'choice of landing', after being on this great forum & having surfed enough reg. various Canadian cities. Thus, the question, "Should I Land in the City mentioned in my Application/COPR, or can go to another Canadian city"?

Please be Clarified that:
As a federal skilled worker, we can chose any POE in Canada & complete our landing formalities, regardless of the destination mentionned in our Apps or the COPR, except Quebec* [details below].

Canada's immigration laws provide for a 2 step process for our visa applications:
>Step-1. The CIC/CHCs carry out stage One (read our apps processing system).
>Step-2. Carried out by an Immigration Officer at the POE.

Reg. step-1, we are already familiar. This is how we get our PR Visas. For the step-2 (at POE) however, landing is our "Right". Though not an 'automatic right', we must still satisfy the officer at the POE that our entry is permissible: A12(1), called the 'Verification of PR', outlined in Sections 19(1) & (2) of the Act. But, another thing is also involved in this step-2, called 'Completion of the Record of Landing' for admission into Canada, which is obligatory.

For this "Record of Landing", 'admissibility' is not affected by our choice of POE. All it's needed is to fill up certain forms, specifically the PR Card form (IMM 5444E), wherein we have to provide an address for card delivery. This can be anywhere, beyond the POE. This is how newcomers with COPR destination as Montreal-Quebec drive thru the POE of Sarnia, Bluewater Bridge. There are many other examples, but for brevity I just chose one.

*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

End Note: Anyone of us FSWs can land in any Canadian POE, irrespective of what's written in our apps or the COPR.

Hope that's of some help.
Qorax.
i don't know , but for sure Quebec Gov. aware of that , but their rules to avoid all this from happening
sure they know their immigration through SSN , if this SSN functional within Quebec territories or not
but what's the benefits and rights that Quebec Gov. Provide their immigrants with How they can ban people from them if they gone away ????

Can you please explain more ????

jalpap

Dec 14, 2010
HI,

Please suggest me.
I was nominated under SINP and planning to land in regina by next month.But my cousin who sponserd me and with whom i was supposed to stay in regina is shifting to USA. So i have changed my plans and would like to land in toronto. Is it possible?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jalpap said:
HI,

Please suggest me.
I was nominated under SINP and planning to land in regina by next month.But my cousin who sponserd me and with whom i was supposed to stay in regina is shifting to USA. So i have changed my plans and would like to land in toronto. Is it possible?
No. For PNP cases u r required to land in your province.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Harlish said:
i don't know , but for sure Quebec Gov. aware of that , but their rules to avoid all this from happening
sure they know their immigration through SSN , if this SSN functional within Quebec territories or not
but what's the benefits and rights that Quebec Gov. Provide their immigrants with How they can ban people from them if they gone away ????

Can you please explain more ????
Query not understood.