+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babypooh said:
What is the time frame for me to stay as a PR through PNP? It only states "intend to stay." I plan to move once I receive my PRC. I think this has been a question for some of the threads too. Thanks a lot for the info where my daughter can land. Now, I can check for flights wherein she can go directly to Edmonton. But there is a connecting flight from Vancouver to Edmonton. Will it matter? That's why in my mind I need to meet her in Vancouver.

Other than the immunization records, what else do I need to have on hand for my daughter for her school? I know I need baptismal certificate and first communion. We are Catholics and saw that these are requirements if enrolling her in a Catholic school. Does she still need a school record from the Philippines? I might miss some important papers.
See my response for documents require for your daughter schooling in Vancouver:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.1380.html

chrisdalop

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Hi Qorax,

I just want to ask if my common-law partner needs to present proof of fund when she lands by May 22. I'm the principal applicant and had my landing last year October. I landed first and now she's flying here in Canada to do her landing process.

Another thing, I landed first in Alberta and after 5 months I transferred in Winnipeg. I sit okay if she lands here in Winnipeg because it is where I am now?

Thank you very much dear Qorax for all the help and assistance.

chrisdalop

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
chrisdalop said:
Hi Qorax,

I just want to ask if my common-law partner needs to present proof of fund when she lands by May 22. I'm the principal applicant and had my landing last year October. I landed first and now she's flying here in Canada to do her landing process.

Another thing, I landed first in Alberta and after 5 months I transferred in Winnipeg. I sit okay if she lands here in Winnipeg because it is where I am now?

Thank you very much dear Qorax for all the help and assistance.

chrisdalop
1. POF declaration is 'only' for the PA. She gets to land w/out any issues.
2. If u r a FSW - u r free to move anywhere.

Qorax

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
19-10-2010/ sent to CEM on 4-11-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
@ Qorax: Hello Sir! We've already landed in Toronto a few days ago. We're here now in Montreal. My hubby has a conditon number 2 (I think) which requires him to report to a medical health officer within 30 days upon landing. Here's our dilemma:

1. Can my hubby see a medical health officer here in Montreal? What if he's questioned about his declared address?

2. We haven't applied for our SIN yet. Can we apply it here in Montreal? What if we are asked about our address again? What should we provide? Toronto address or Montreal?

3. We haven't applied for our child's CTB also because of the dilemma in our address. We provided the immigration offcier that our address is in Toronto. Please help! So confused!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
virgiemaricel said:
@ Qorax: Hello Sir! We've already landed in Toronto a few days ago. We're here now in Montreal. My hubby has a conditon number 2 (I think) which requires him to report to a medical health officer within 30 days upon landing. Here's our dilemma:

1. Can my hubby see a medical health officer here in Montreal? What if he's questioned about his declared address?

2. We haven't applied for our SIN yet. Can we apply it here in Montreal? What if we are asked about our address again? What should we provide? Toronto address or Montreal?

3. We haven't applied for our child's CTB also because of the dilemma in our address. We provided the immigration offcier that our address is in Toronto. Please help! So confused!
U should stick to that Toronto Address for sometime.

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
@ Qorax: By the way, I opened a bank account yesterday here in Montreal. I was given a temporary ATM card pending my submission of form 5172 (haven't checked if it's the right number) and my hubby's docus (will convert it to joint account). When I submit that next week, I don't know if we will be questioned about our address.

Regarding my hubby seeing a medical health officer, what should he do now? Go back to Toronto and see a health officer there? Can he not give this reason: that since we don't have work yet, we decided to viist our relatives here in Montreal. Can we give this reason also when we apply for SIN and CTB?

Really confused now...Your answer will be very much appreciated.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
virgiemaricel said:
@ Qorax: By the way, I opened a bank account yesterday here in Montreal. I was given a temporary ATM card pending my submission of form 5172 (haven't checked if it's the right number) and my hubby's docus (will convert it to joint account). When I submit that next week, I don't know if we will be questioned about our address.

Regarding my hubby seeing a medical health officer, what should he do now? Go back to Toronto and see a health officer there? Can he not give this reason: that since we don't have work yet, we decided to viist our relatives here in Montreal. Can we give this reason also when we apply for SIN and CTB?

Really confused now...Your answer will be very much appreciated.
1.That med surveillance could be done any where... however, it'd be good to stick to one clinic for the entire duration. Thus, if u r going to stay in Montreal for sometime - go ahead here.

2. U can apply for SIN & CTB from here as well... but, like I said earlier - it's no point in complicating the matter - it'd do u good to stick to one address, preferably the Toronto one, till everything gets sorted out.

Qorax
Ps.: The problem is with Quebec... with any other province u wouldn't have an/y issue.

Ranaabdulsami

Oct 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18.02.2010 Re-medical 10.03.2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Respected Qorax!

I am silent reader of ur much more useful posts. Now I have to ask an urgent question. I am planning to fly on Qatar airways. Qatar airways route is doha to Monteral and Monteral to Toronto. Doha to Monteral is on Qatar airways and from Monteral to Toronto is connecting flight on Air Canada. My question is when I will land at Monteral it is Canada's first of port of entry for me and as per law u must have to take clearance from customs and landing proceedings will also be completed there. I am in confusion where my landing proceedings will be completed when first i land at Canadian soul at Monteral and then fly to Toronto final destination as per my ticket. Will i will be treated a local passenger at Monteral to toronto or int. till toronto. I think u understand what i mean Pl. help me what should i do?

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
qorax said:
1.That med surveillance could be done any where... however, it'd be good to stick to one clinic for the entire duration. Thus, if u r going to stay in Montreal for sometime - go ahead here.

2. U can apply for SIN & CTB from here as well... but, like I said earlier - it's no point in complicating the matter - it'd do u good to stick to one address, preferably the Toronto one, till everything gets sorted out.

Qorax
Ps.: The problem is with Quebec... with any other province u wouldn't have an/y issue.
Thanks so much Sir Qorax! We decided to stay here in Toronto. :)

brown_eyes

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 09, 2014
Doc's Request.
received by Mike at CIO July 14, 2014
Nomination.....
PER November 11, 2014
AOR Received.
Addtl docs request August 20, 2015
IELTS Request
CEM received addtl docs Sept 20, 2015
Med's Request
October 19, 2015
Med's Done....
October 28, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 10, 2015
LANDED..........
hopefully on March 2016
Qorax,

If my application for FSW is approved, but want to permanently settle in Quebec, can I land in Toronto, give the immigration officer my brother's address in Quebec for my PR card delivery address, and just tell them I'd still be looking for a place in Toronto so i'll have to stay at my brother's house in Quebec for a while?

Should there be any problem with that knowing I cannot declare my landing at Quebec firsthand?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ranaabdulsami said:
Respected Qorax!

I am silent reader of ur much more useful posts. Now I have to ask an urgent question. I am planning to fly on Qatar airways. Qatar airways route is doha to Monteral and Monteral to Toronto. Doha to Monteral is on Qatar airways and from Monteral to Toronto is connecting flight on Air Canada. My question is when I will land at Monteral it is Canada's first of port of entry for me and as per law u must have to take clearance from customs and landing proceedings will also be completed there. I am in confusion where my landing proceedings will be completed when first i land at Canadian soul at Monteral and then fly to Toronto final destination as per my ticket. Will i will be treated a local passenger at Monteral to toronto or int. till toronto. I think u understand what i mean Pl. help me what should i do?
The Montreal-Toronto would be a domestic flight.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
brown_eyes said:
Qorax,

If my application for FSW is approved, but want to permanently settle in Quebec, can I land in Toronto, give the immigration officer my brother's address in Quebec for my PR card delivery address, and just tell them I'd still be looking for a place in Toronto so i'll have to stay at my brother's house in Quebec for a while?

Should there be any problem with that knowing I cannot declare my landing at Quebec firsthand?
Yes, there'd be issues@providing a Quebec address.

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Yes, there'd be issues @ providing a Quebec address.
Hi qorax Sir,

Greetings!

Is it okay for a FSW PR first time entrant with Toronto as destination, to enter Quebec, the next day or within 1 week.

I mean landing in Toronto, with a Quebec job offer(before landing) and moving (to Quebec) the following day of entry or week.

I have been told that it can be called a crime by CIC and can have sever consequences. Is this correct.

If the right would be to avoid Quebec, then for how long, a year or more.

I would sincerely appreciate your reply.

With thanks and best regards