+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts about dates to enter Canada

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Dear forum member,

Here is my situation:

I receive temporary resident visa and letter of introduction for my temporary work visa in December 2013.
I have job contract that says estimate hire data 1 Jan 2014.
I have also another letter when my company states that they will wait for me till I get visa even if it is later than this date. (I used this two documents to get work visa).
I want to enter Canada in mid February, this is not the problem for the company, they will wait me, but would I have problems at a border because I am entering Canada in February and had received visa in December. Theoretically I had enough time to make to Canada before 1st Jan, but I need to make some preparations so I needed some more time.
Because in the job contract the estimate hire date is 1 jan 2014, might the border officer see this contract as expired?

Do I need any letter from the company confirming that they had offered me position in their company to start at 1 Jan 2014 but they will hold this position till I enter the Canada (expected in mid February).
Any idea? Do I need additional confirmation from the company? If yes, what should be inside it.

Thanks